Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After ICO  (Read 766 times)
hh4mmm (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:52:09 PM

Hello all,

There's one thing I have ever noticed, after ico the token price dropped drastically could anyone explain why such is happening...
Eg, there are some tokens are I have in my wallet which I want to trade since then till now I have been waiting for the price to come up but instead decreasing. What do I do in this scenario?
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:11:40 PM

it's one of the many losses lately, seeing a market that is getting worse, you should think about and know about the listing date and time of the coins you bought, and sell them on the first list so as not to lose a promising price, because if you wait a while, prices will drop dramatically, or you need to wait for long enough and survive not to sell it so the price does not become a loss
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:33:32 PM

Hello all,

There's one thing I have ever noticed, after ico the token price dropped drastically could anyone explain why such is happening...
Eg, there are some tokens are I have in my wallet which I want to trade since then till now I have been waiting for the price to come up but instead decreasing. What do I do in this scenario?
There was a lot of reasons for that
1 the pre-sale investors are thinking they are in the profit and they are dumping it instantly.
2 It caused by the bounty and the market doesn't have a lot of support to keep the price of token
3 The trend of crypto and more reason can explain about that but the number 1 will always become the main reason why the price of icos dropping a lot.
Ubex can become the best example for that
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:18:42 PM

This is something that has always happened, when a coin hits exchanges the first thing that happens is that the price goes down because buyers wait a while before they start buying. It's a dynamic that is almost always repeated. In fact, many of the first sellers, once they have sold their coins and the price has dropped, put buy orders to buy more coins at a much lower price. Normally you have to wait some time until the price goes up. What happens now, besides this, is that we are in a bearish market in which there is a lot of pessimism and nobody wants to buy anything, that's why prices go down and stay low. This is why there are projects that are delaying their arrival at exchanges until the market changes.
Luxury331

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:46:41 PM

Well after an initial coin offering a lot of activities happens which affect the price of the altcoin some of this activities are dumping mostly done by bounty hunters this causes the commodity to drop in price. Well and also after am ico it's best to hold
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:00:49 PM

Hello all,

Many people ask this question, and understand what to do only later. There are many different strategies. According to statistics, most of the coins that come to the wallet most often after a while are worth nothing. You can immediately sell coins, especially if they came a little, if they are present on the exchange and fix the income in the crypto currency with a large capitalization, for example BTC or ETH. You will wait, in the end there can be kopeks, and together with the commissions even it will be unprofitable to deduce. If a lot of coins, it all depends on the project. I act individually, in some cases it is worth waiting for a good price (at least the level of ICO), and then sell.
nsson8e

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:44:49 AM

When an exchange of coins happen for the first time, a lot of activities take place, which in turn affects the price of that particular Altcoin. Besides, the market is down now. The price will go up but it will take some time. Being patient is the only safe option now.
BarneyXC

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:22:34 AM

ICO's or any kind of investment you should first know how the market works around it. There are several things to consider before investing as the most important thing you have to do is know what it is you're investing in, how it'll work out long term as this isn't a business that is short term. Patience is key in these kinds of situation if you're hoping for a positive outcome.
Maryscarolan

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Well, all these are just the consequence of the drastic fall off bitcoin. Whenever the value grows a bit higher now, the investors try to sell the coins conceding the minimum loss. And the tokens fall kinda in the middle. All you can do is to wait for the value to get higher or just to convert it into some suitable currency.
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1104

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:15:19 AM

I think this is a frequently asked question, I often saw such kind of the question. Yes, it is a bad fact that always happens after an ICO coin has listed on exchanges. This is a complicated problem since many parties that cause the significant price reduction. I am thinking about the limit of the lowest token price on exchanges. If it can be applied in all exchanges, we won't see a token with no price. But it seems impossible to apply because most of cryptocurrencies are decentralized and no one can control the prices, only the demand on market that influences the prices.   

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:31:51 AM

I waited for 6 months for great project to recover after releasing tokens on exchanges after ICO. Price fell down 6x from ICO price in ETH mostly because of bear market, but also I think all who got their coins for bounty, managment, promotions of all kind, just dumped coin right away. Now after 6 months we are still in bear market but my coin is going above ICO price. It's just proof that if project is good, you just have to believe in it and hold, no matter how much price falls. You are not in loos until you sell. PS: my coin is chx!
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:50:44 AM

I think that your concern with regards to ICO token price after the campaign tends to drop drastically from the previous price when it was bought is the most common situation happening in the crypto market. However, I greatly believe that there is still a big chance for ICO tokens to recover back it's price in the coming months once btc may spike again after the expected bullish market. Furthermore, investors should refrain from trading their cryptos at a very low price since there is no meaning into such action.
nikotengik

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

Hello all,

It is usually the case, when the campaign was usually installed with a high selling price, but after IOO finished and coins the dimarket listing, the price of the drop price was normal, if I myself would normally wait for the coin to be worthy of sale

center]
🗣 Voice Controlled Ai Trading Assistant 👨‍💻 Portfolio Manager
📊 Analytics  ✦ AiBB ✦ Crypto ID 🔐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬• https://aibb.io •▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:09:17 PM

Hello all,

Like all the other people you are not alone. people are crying about the sad state of ICO and sometimes they prefer to buy when the coin hit the market, but it's always a good thing to be an early bird because you can command a price if the project is good.
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:09:28 PM

IT the bear market. The low prices mean that all the projects are going to see their financing reduced, and also they are not reaching the hard caps, so everything points to lower than ico prices.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:13:07 PM

The main reason is because market is bleeding now and it's a very difficult moment for ALL ICO even the "good" ones with a very solid project are suffering so in this scenario you have only 2 ways:
1) sell tokens at a very low price
2) hold them, hoping that price will rise when market will become bullish again (everyone hope this will happen soon....)
Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:21:42 PM

Hello all,

Many reasons why after ico the price of one token dropped maybe because of the investors they are satisfied with the profit they want so thats why they sell it and maybe the distribution of bounty campaign rewards, so thats why its better to sell yours when the price is double or triple up in the ico price.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
jjeeppeerrxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:23:28 PM

The main reason is because market is bleeding now and it's a very difficult moment for ALL ICO even the "good" ones with a very solid project are suffering so in this scenario you have only 2 ways:
1) sell tokens at a very low price
2) hold them, hoping that price will rise when market will become bullish again (everyone hope this will happen soon....)

For investors if they do the first option, pretty sure they lose money which is the capital they invested for purchasing the token at ICO price but for bounty hunters there's nothing to worry because they did not buy tokens at ICO.

If I am the investor it is important for me to get updates every now and then about the project and if I see a potential of the project the best thing to do is to HOLD until the token bullish..
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:26:12 PM

in my opinion it's a natural thing. try to pay attention before buying a token when ico
1. how much is the total bounty allocation
2. Is the bounty allocation distributed simultaneously with the investor?
3. Is there a bad issue about the project.
usually a coin will be normal in the market after more than 3 weeks

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Rameshvijay45

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:29:02 PM

It's because of the trading when the coin or token launch on exchanges after the ico finish.everyone will run to sell so the price will up or down.better wait for some more month's once the you think its my profitable amount sell and get profits.

►◄OPTHERIUM◄►
◄► Synergy of Blockchain solutions™ ►◄
https://optherium.io/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: