Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:27:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Scam Strategy  (Read 1804 times)
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:16:48 PM

I have yesterday seen USDC airdrop worth 200$, after you complete the KYC, you will recedive USDC coin, but not real, the fake one from diffrent smart-contract.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 05:18:51 PM

Since it is so easy to make tokens nowadays it is easy to make "fake" tokens.
Also, a lot of the tickers aren't regulated, so you can give it the same ticker.
For example, you can name one token Trust and give it the ticker: TRT
And then another one with a stupid name like Treant and give it the same ticker: TRT

On decentralized exchanges, most people won't bother to look at the smart contract address.
So they will just assume TRT (trust) and TRT (treant) are the same.

Nowadays, people will take a semi successful token then make a "copy" of it.
Sell it for a really low price and get people to buy it up.
It's basically fake products scam from the real world applied to the crypto world.

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:24:57 PM

much token name same, but contract address for each token must be different. so as not to be hit scam, make sure that token contract address will be traded is appropriate, don't just refer token name. we must be careful  Smiley
Yeah, and every bad guy must be using and finding some real lazy strategy stuff to do or we say they do put some efforts just to make money. But once it gets busted they're now ready to find for a new one and so on. We must be very cautious in everything especially if it involves a lot of money.
We can't avoid these type of people in our society so it is better for us to just be very cautious to everything.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:38:53 PM

Hi everyone,
I just want to tell everyone about the new scheme of the scammer to scam. especially those people who really doesn't understand much about centralized and decentralized trading platform.

I have read several people posting about arbitrage coins like for example MTV arbitrage
Please check this link as an example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5050943

upon checking what they the link that they are using, you can see that they are pointing you to Forkdelta.
when you check the trading on https://forkdelta.app/#!/trade/0xcd53c76b8a350b7f9815d6ddc4617bf37c7288ff-ETH you will see a token named MTV  (Multiversum). The scammer wanted you to think that this token is the same token found on IDEX.
Because there is really a Multiversum on IDEX.

But if you analyze very carefully the MTV on forkdelta doesn't match in IDEX because of 2 factors.

1.) they have a different smart contract. on forkdelta (0xcd53c76b8a350b7f9815d6ddc4617bf37c7288ff) , on IDEX (0x07a7ed332c595b53a317afcee50733af571475e7)
2.) The have Different token extension. Forkdelta (MTV) , IDEX (eMTV)

I hope that this short analysis will help others to avoid this kind of scam.
make your analysis first before trying to buy or invest on a token.

arbitrage is a risky act of taking gains by only transferring from one exchange to the other. some exchanges has  minimum tradable amount like hitbtc where you cant sell or buy in small amounts. arbitrage is dangerous you may loss your capital if contract address are not the same but the coin ticker is the same. stay away from it specially newbies

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:42:49 PM

It's really a very useful post, although I often check out the tokens on the DEX. Whenever I send tokens to them, I always check the smart contract information before proceeding to the next step.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:45:34 PM

Interesting example, and tricky scam.
Was interesting to read and useful for future. +1 Merit from me.
Good job!
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:00:39 PM

Hi everyone,
I just want to tell everyone about the new scheme of the scammer to scam. especially those people who really doesn't understand much about centralized and decentralized trading platform.

I have read several people posting about arbitrage coins like for example MTV arbitrage

upon checking what they the link that they are using, you can see that they are pointing you to Forkdelta.
when you check the trading on https://forkdelta.app/#!/trade/0xcd53c76b8a350b7f9815d6ddc4617bf37c7288ff-ETH you will see a token named MTV  (Multiversum). The scammer wanted you to think that this token is the same token found on IDEX.

But if you analyze very carefully the MTV on forkdelta doesn't match in IDEX because of 2 factors.

1.) they have a different smart contract. on forkdelta (0xcd53c76b8a350b7f9815d6ddc4617bf37c7288ff) , on IDEX (0x07a7ed332c595b53a317afcee50733af571475e7)

You have a very good eye, that was difficult to catch and you did, catching those kind of differences can be very difficult for a human because we are only seeing a bunch of numbers and letters but for a computer finding the difference between those two strings is very easy, let us hope that no one else falls in that scam now that you have brought it to the public.
Pechalka

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:02:31 PM

Thank you for fresh information about scams. This thing is so annoy now. People still should to be more careful with investments.

maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 02:50:28 AM

You are very keen to see the smart contract that is different between forkdhelta and idex. I haven't even thought that far. and I am very sure that everyone hardly cares about that, because all they want is to withdraw quickly so they don't care about smart contracts. very helpful topic  Wink

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
valdepono

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 04:24:07 AM

When will growth begin?
kimjenglot

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 04:35:00 AM

I have yesterday seen USDC airdrop worth 200$, after you complete the KYC, you will recedive USDC coin, but not real, the fake one from diffrent smart-contract.
seeing results from airdrop by offering only $200 in rewards is very unlikely, so it's very unreasonable for airdrop. and my advice is not to be easy to believe in airdrop, especially if you have to do KYC, because your data can be misused
Perie200

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 04:43:03 AM

With the help of such nuances and inexperience of new traders and investors scammers deceive us. The author correctly said, carefully read the information about the marker you want to buy.
valdepono

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:11:59 AM

On that market, I would not sell anything
furball64

Activity: 271

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:36:19 PM

much token name same, but contract address for each token must be different. so as not to be hit scam, make sure that token contract address will be traded is appropriate, don't just refer token name. we must be careful  Smiley

You say it right. I never look at the names of tokens on decentralized exchanges. I use only the names of contracts, and then add the link to the browser bookmarks.

markalis

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

now very much fraudulence is done, it will be because the brand is only concerned with profit than anemo investors against cryptocurrency, unfortunately there are no strict regulations that govern

Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:43:03 PM

Thank you very much for the tip, of course scammers are very well developed and once again prove that you need to check another wallet smart contract

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
organelles

Activity: 350

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:42:38 PM

It happens a lot, there are so many coins out there which are pretending to be coins from projects that are already successful to get people to trust them and let down their guard. If you ever come across coins like this that you are not sure that you can trust or that they are not who they say they are then a good way would be to check their smart contract

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 11:48:48 PM

When doing arbitrage trading we always have to check if it is the same coin and we have to check
their contract number. This is not a new scam strategy as I saw such threads earlier. Anyway, we have
to be cautious when we notice such threads and inform others about it, like you did.

sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:44:22 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the warning! I think that it will help many people not to get caught by scammers.
bohboh

Activity: 499
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:12:31 AM

Thanks dude, this a good catch by you...
I hope people won't fall victim of this trap, the best way to trade is to ask the admin on telegram where the token is being traded.
Thanks once again, its really help.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: