Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:19:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Effect of the Social Media to the world  (Read 334 times)
Lahirulakmalr (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:33:02 AM

Most of social media release fake news.As my mind social media(Facebook) should upgrade their rules.Because now world most of scenes like racism,war,politics are improving because of social media issues.Admins do not think what happened to the world.what happen to the society.They are following just money Likes or shares.In my country University Researchers found that social media has 80% fake news.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organicrice

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:10:27 AM

Most of social media release fake news.As my mind social media(Facebook) should upgrade their rules.Because now world most of scenes like racism,war,politics are improving because of social media issues.Admins do not think what happened to the world.what happen to the society.They are following just money Likes or shares.In my country University Researchers found that social media has 80% fake news.
There are many things that can affect the world. specially in social media, because today's most of the people are aware to used the social media specially to the things that more important. .using the social media. it was a great impact in our society because they can do things in an easy way..All things done smoothly and faster..
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 03:43:30 AM

You can't really deny the fact that spreading of news is literally faster now, whether or not it's fake or not, it is like wildfire when it has gone viral. Obscene things could always be seen in the news and especially social media, and today in this technological world, most of the story comes from people posting from social media and the TV News will just repost it or probably edit some parts of a video (if it's a video).

I don't think there's a need to upgrade their rules, all is fair, it's the users that need to follow it. But some problems have been seen where moderators are deleting posts that connected politically, and it has become unfair to some, especially to the ones affected by it.

Do you have the research regarding that 80% of it is fake? I don't agree with this statistics.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:09:19 AM

Put up the link for that percentage from your University.

Facebook needs to regulate if its about the spreading news but I highly doubt it that they will be able to filter those fake news. Its almost everywhere and people are being misinformed and being spread with false information that aims to confuse people.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Bigboss0912

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:51:53 PM

Facebook needs to regulate if its about the spreading news but I highly doubt it that they will be able to filter those fake news. Its almost everywhere and people are being misinformed and being spread with false information that aims to confuse people.
Social media is vastly used nowadays. It is not only used just for social, it is also being used for business, advertising, as a customer relation management tool, global exposures, as an online meeting space, for entertainment purposes, educational purposes, fund raising, online shopping space, a space where people can get feedback about things, places, services, experience and food. The usage of social media is unlimited.
UconBit

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:03:51 PM

Social media is vastly used nowadays. It is not only used just for social, it is also being used for business, advertising, as a customer relation management tool, global exposures, as an online meeting space, for entertainment purposes, educational purposes, fund raising, online shopping space, a space where people can get feedback about things, places, services, experience and food. The usage of social media is unlimited.
THIS. A lot of people I know earn money through Facebook. With millions of users on it, it is inevitable that it is going to be abused by a lot of people. Friends spend hours, perhaps the majority of their day online on Facebook because something is always new. There's always a post / article / news to read, new photos to see, new memes to laugh about, new videos to watch. But yes, Facebook has to find a way to filter fake news and propaganda because it is directly affecting the lives of people and even entire countries.
Dave5

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:49:10 PM

Yes social media is now a days filled with the fake news,so people should cultivate the habit of critical thinking in  each and every aspect of life.With the critical thinking one must analyze on own and also must try to find a genuine answer or truth and later decide.The one suggestion to curb fake news is by using blockchain.Blockchain can store all historical data and it should be added only if it reaches consensus and the news is truth.So by this in future if their is a fake news regarding the same subject we can check back in blockchain to check if it's legit and no one can tamper the past news which is legit.

❒ SWISS ALPS ❒        ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬      ❒ SWISS ALPS ❒
█████          The Smart Mining Company           █████
Telegram █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █     Twitter
FunGate

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:56:40 PM

You can't really deny the fact that spreading of news is literally faster now, whether or not it's fake or not, it is like wildfire when it has gone viral. Obscene things could always be seen in the news and especially social media, and today in this technological world, most of the story comes from people posting from social media and the TV News will just repost it or probably edit some parts of a video (if it's a video).

I don't think there's a need to upgrade their rules, all is fair, it's the users that need to follow it. But some problems have been seen where moderators are deleting posts that connected politically, and it has become unfair to some, especially to the ones affected by it.

Do you have the research regarding that 80% of it is fake? I don't agree with this statistics.

I agree. It's like the game telephone, everyone interprets the same thing differently and the stories change shape along the way, as everyone understands things in ways which apply to their own lives. This isn't social media's fault, but the fault of people's wants. If it weren't social media it would be something else. Fake news and rumors have always existed and they always will in some form or another, unless we change the paradigm of civilization and somehow make the pursuit of influence and power obsolete.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

Yes those are the uses of social media but tackling on how hard it is to stop the spread of false information is alarming.

If you will notice that anyone can post everything including those fake news without any basis and unexpectedly it gets thousands to millions of shares, many would believe that fake news and isn't aware of that.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:43:11 PM

People should also be taught how to detect fake news from the real ones. It is unfortunate that it has to be done and that we even have to suggest it but it is the sad reality. The internet is great. There's always something new to read, new to learn but if people do not possess the critical thinking to discern what is propaganda and what is true, then it is indeed a very huge problem that has to be addressed immediately.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:28:18 AM

People nowadays are easily believing what they are seeing in social media , they do not even know if the news they saw or what they watching in socia media is a good news or a fake news. Social media is like a virus to people who are intact into , because most people nowadays majority of them believes in social media they where deceiving by their own eyes.

ClassyDancer

Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:40:59 AM

Social media, in my opinion, is one of the most powerful and influential platforms to exist. I think most marketing and advertising done by companies are made using social media. Plus, it’s our number one source of news, correct? The downside, is of course, fake news. But I think in Facebook, there are human monitors to check content as well as AI algorithms to verify news. So at least there’s that, right?
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:23:56 PM

People should also be taught how to detect fake news from the real ones. It is unfortunate that it has to be done and that we even have to suggest it but it is the sad reality. The internet is great. There's always something new to read, new to learn but if people do not possess the critical thinking to discern what is propaganda and what is true, then it is indeed a very huge problem that has to be addressed immediately.
The o my way to detect fake news is to go directly go to the source and people are not ready to go to the source to ascertain whether the story is right or not. For me I have made up my mind to not listen to the news whatsoever and will never believe it. Because the media only report what they want people to hear and not the truth.
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:37:13 PM

I do not think that fake news on social media is the most important problem about the social medias. Most of fake news were easy to spot, at least for me. Also I blocked all news channels or pages, so I'm rarely in contact with any news.
I think that "social medias" makes anti social environment for example peoples sometimes goes with their friends on coffee and staring at their phones instead of talking to each other.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 01:19:50 AM

~snip

I agree. It's like the game telephone, everyone interprets the same thing differently and the stories change shape along the way, as everyone understands things in ways which apply to their own lives. This isn't social media's fault, but the fault of people's wants. If it weren't social media it would be something else. Fake news and rumors have always existed and they always will in some form or another, unless we change the paradigm of civilization and somehow make the pursuit of influence and power obsolete.
I don't know what game telephone is but I understand that people view things differently. A game that I remember that symbolizes that is where you lineup together, it's a team building type of game, where you start drawing at the back of who is in front of you until it goes to the end of the line trying to interpret what they felt they drew on their backs. It's like that and it's definitely the result of different opinions and views in life and with the news being rapidly spread throughout the social media world, we cannot escape from the judgments.

Some people are still affected with those kinds of things even if they have no social media accounts, like people who don't want to be involved in it, which is a good idea for them but still being brought into by news. It's just how strong the social media is and what it could do for the world right now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:18:24 AM

Social media platforms should provide more tools to help people decide for themselves what is true and what is fake news/disinformation. One way might be to use those in a persons network to help a person decide what are reliable sources.

I am strongly against social media companies censoring fake news as they are not entities that I want to be arbiters of truth. They are potentially more powerful than government in their control of information and would generally be held unaccountable if they censored true information that is damaging to their priorities.
Jandrei1

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:01:13 PM

Social media has good and bad effects depending on how it is being utilized.Social media have become prominent parts of life for many young people today. Most people engage with social media without stopping to think what the effects are on our lives, whether positive or negative. Are we as a society becoming more concerned with Facebook "friends" than we are with the people we interact with face-to-face in our daily lives? What will the longterm effects of today's social media use be?
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:27:11 AM

There are so many fake news all over social media and we cannot control to stop those fake news all over the social media. It is not good for younger age to have social media accounts because they will see bad things in it, there are also some other good things we can see from it but we can't control them to see also bad things from it so it is better to avoid them in social media.
SinarG

Merit: 5

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:36:28 PM

Social media platforms should provide more tools to help people decide for themselves what is true and what is fake news/disinformation. One way might be to use those in a persons network to help a person decide what are reliable sources.

I am strongly against social media companies censoring fake news as they are not entities that I want to be arbiters of truth. They are potentially more powerful than government in their control of information and would generally be held unaccountable if they censored true information that is damaging to their priorities.

I agree with you. News must be independent and free from censorship.
The emergence of entire corporations creating fake news is just awful.
I think that we need more independent sources that provide information in their original form: only facts without political nuances.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:47:58 PM

I agree with you. News must be independent and free from censorship.
The emergence of entire corporations creating fake news is just awful.
I think that we need more independent sources that provide information in their original form: only facts without political nuances.
There is an argument to say that social media has caused cable news outlets to become more biased so they can try to get more “likes” and “shares” on social media. The media bias has resulted in lowering confidence in what the news reports.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: