Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:19:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Tether (USDT) eventually collapse cryptocurrencies market?  (Read 270 times)
LisaPX (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:35:15 AM

Is Tether (USDT) trustworthy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex_Zi

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:55:07 AM

Every cryptocurrency - is a potential risk and volatility, even old good bitcoin))) I think there is no real USD behind the USDT and other cryptoUSD.
If you want to get profit you must understand that it is has a lot of risk.

Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:12:07 AM

Well this is a good cryptocurrency especially if you do not one to lose your money from trading. However, the crypto has low volatility and meaning to say that in order for you to earn then you need huge investments. Still the crypto is relatively good to those who are only using cryptocurrency as their asset instead of a currency.
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:16:08 AM

Hello,

It is hard to say as even if they performed audits it seems unrealistic to have all the funds available. It is a good way to sécurisé your funds with less volatility but I would not stay in usdt for long term due to the high risk of bankrupt
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:36:59 AM

Tether is not trustworthy and it will eventually collapse and disappear but its collapse is not going to take the market down with it. the worst case scenario is that we will see a short period of price drops all around the market as people panic over nothing and sell to stay ahead of the drops. otherwise the market will go on with or without shitcoin such as USDT.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 11:01:24 AM

Tether is not trustworthy and it will eventually collapse and disappear but its collapse is not going to take the market down with it. the worst case scenario is that we will see a short period of price drops all around the market as people panic over nothing and sell to stay ahead of the drops. otherwise the market will go on with or without shitcoin such as USDT.

Panic sales in the event of tether collapse would have an opposite effect on bitcoins and the rest of the cryptocurrency market.
If holders are selling out, they could be switching to bitcoin which is the top currency rather that USD. And such influx would increase the value of BTC.

Tether doesn't control the market

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:34:00 AM

The value of Bitcoin resides in the global decentralized network.
My understanding is that  BTC is largest and most powerful computer network in the world.

These other coin which aren't mine able don't and won't ever have that value.

Bitcoin is the platform the others try to copy.

Bitcoin mining network is getting stronger everyday.

I don't see how a Tether coin or Ripple can have any real impact on BTC.
Ruben Ramsey

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:28:46 AM

Wether Tether is trustworthy or not, is highly debatable. Though it doe lokk like that it will crash soon enough from the condition of the coin in the market, it is unlikely that it will collapse the whole market. Worst case scenario, there will be some fall in the prices of other coins too and people will panic a lot, but the market won't collapse.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 03:00:50 AM

Tether had so many controversies, the most popular might be Bitfinex scandal, and not to mention some other bad news about Tether. The most recent news is the delist of Tether by Binance which is turn out to be a fake news, however Binance now delaying the withdrawal process of USDT because of that fake news. For me myself I don't really interested in crypto that backed by fiat (what so called "Stable Coin") like Tether, TrueUSD and soon. I think this currency is not necessary, the only real use case is to trade between Crypto and Fiat, but I it will be better if we trade directly from crypto to fiat.

Fredsaw

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:34:31 AM

It is hard to say really even after the panic period. Bitcoin price got a huge boost after the Tether panic selloff. So I don't think Tether can collapse crypto market; rather it would have an opposite impact.
sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:52:59 AM

usdt is a coin created by exchange giant binance.  as long as binance is operating, usdt will be present and tradeable 1:1.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:56:20 AM

I do not think so, i think even if something bad comes out of usdt even then people will start tonsell usdt and buy crypto, so this will infact boost the crypto market and put oressure on usdt, we have seen the trailor recently, so there is nothing to worry about crypto collapse due to usdt also there are alternatives of usdt already in the market.

Gavyn Pace

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:03:30 PM

Every cryptocurrency is a potential risk and volatility.Still the crypto is relatively good to those who are only using cryptocurrency as their asset instead of a currency.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:08:30 PM

Every cryptocurrency - is a potential risk and volatility, even old good bitcoin))) I think there is no real USD behind the USDT and other cryptoUSD.
If you want to get profit you must understand that it is has a lot of risk.
Everything that comes out of this market has its own risks and all of our investments are risky in this time. I think USDT is not as safe as before because there are lots of Fiats competing directly with USDT such as TUSD, USDC and many other coin will appear in the coming time.
Amberum

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:35:38 PM

What could be the reasons for a possible USDT collapse?
USD has no less reason to collapse, but still here.
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 12:54:20 PM

USDT accounts are not open and transparent. So yes. The risks of USDT are enormous. There are many alternatives in the market. Such as PAX GUSD USDC TUSD and so on. I believe their presence will break the balance of USDT. At the same time. Better maintain market stability.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:21:11 PM

the only reason why Tether got big was because of the last year's pumps and the fact that most big exchanges (altcoin exchanges and also bitfinex itself) only had USDT listed for exchanging most coins and when the dumps began a lot of people wanted a stable coin to stay in while the altcoins were getting dumped.
as they cash out or go back to bitcoin the value of Tether drops and now with all the coins in circulation there is a sell pressure pushing the price below $1.

as for total collapse, i think it will eventually happen because it is a centralized company and the world won't let it grow too big, specially US since they are using their dollar in a way.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
yapa ve yalniz

Activity: 463
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:25:35 PM

I think tether is very safe. But, lots of speculation news circulates. Don't mind them.
Tether is very rooted and very reliable.

diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:27:00 PM

Tether will always be risky until it's proven that they have the USD funds to withstand a run on tether. As for if it would collapse the market I don't think it would be as catastrophic now that people are so aware of the dangers. It would be a bad time for cryptos though and I suspect we'd see around 30-50% wiped off the market value if it were to happen.

spopovss

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:35:33 PM

Tether has big problems, I don’t understand why they are audited, I think in the future there could be a disaster in the crypto world because of the Tether.

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: