Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:58:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quiet Asic Miner  (Read 309 times)
cromsps (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:57:57 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2019, 12:50:58 AM by frodocooper

Hello,

I know there is a lot of topics with noise boxes and silenters for asics, normaly expensive ones,
but I cannot find anyone talking about this system,

there is this company https://www.silent-miner.eu/ wich sells the system for about 210€, wich seems to have good results https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcFLHAj1bnQ

Has anyone try to use an inline fan duct with an Asic miner ?

for example this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L0D0UEQ/

costs only 60€, has 395 CFM and high pressure, and there are some cheaper, about 30€.

I think that the system of that company its something like this Fan with a Fan unlocker to the Board, so the system can pass without the original fan.

Has anyone tried this ?

Do you think it can work?

Thanks,
Regards
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:17:50 PM

Not a bad idea. As long as the systems can produce the needed pressure to push the airflow needed any blower can work and will be far quieter than the 120mm high pressure fans that BM and others use.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
cromsps (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:42:30 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 11:37:52 PM by frodocooper

I think I'm gonna try it,

The first time I saw this system, I thought the miner had to control the big fan, but I was wrong... They have 2 speeds on the big fan controled by the input power, so the little cable that connects to the board its only for the miner could boot up without the original fan.

its much cheaper than the boxes and all the other things to quiet the miners out there,
just have to find a way to fix the big fan to the miner. 3D printing ??
minefarmbuy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 03:00:14 PM

Seems interesting. I couldn't see form the video if they had the front facing case fan on or not. I imagine this would use more power than the stock fans but essentially this is all their trying to sell.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:30:42 PM

Well do remember that the stock fans are rated to pull 2.5A each @12V = 30W each.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
BitcoinRack
Copper Member

Activity: 32
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 11:52:13 PM

It's not a bad idea. I believe the 395CFM amazon link you have listed is rated for 60w. I believe your electricity consumption would be the same as what you miner would be with the 120mm fans.

As far as attaching the fan to the miner, 3d printing is good. You can print an attachment that has a duct connection. You can then duct your miner to the 395CFM you have listed.
cromsps (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:16:31 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Hello,

I know that I've away for a while, but I dont want anyone to burn their miners :-)

I still think that it is a good idea and there are Fans less expensive, ~20€ with the same CFM that solve the noise fan problem forgetting all the boxs and all the others things.

But beware with high CFM... I tried with 400 CFM, and when I turn on the fan with the miner off, the FRONT fan started moving quickly... When I turned on my miner, after some minutes it went off... I still think that is a good idea, but if the REAR FAN (inline 20€) as a big higher CFM, the front Fan will burn or will burn the board Undecided ... Dont make the same mistake that I did... if someone buy one of these inline fans, it will solve the noise problem with 20€, but choose one with the CFM closest to miner REAR  FAN CFM as possible :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: