Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:36:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% sure I found Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 4236 times)
luckytiger

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:51:04 PM

- Just as described in Nakamoto's forum account, this person was 38 years old in 2009.
- This person is British; important given his British grammar.
- This person is a reowned cryptographer.
- There is at least one link between him and Nakamoto. Unfortunately I can't be more specific without revealing his identity.
- This person was very familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages, and still is!
- This person has lived in Europe for years; important given public information about his coding times.
- He's very sceptical about big gov and supports Snowden, Greenwald and Assange.

- I wasnt 38 but i was 14, that old anough to browser the internet and dont want people to know i am 14 so i put 38 down to be taken serious or never be found. why else would i use a nickname.
- not british altough i got tought british in school and went other country's allot so i spoke fluent english/american, if i ask people where i am from they say america because of my accent, but i write more words in an british style
- my facebook says that.
- i like anime, and needed a nickname
- browserd the internet what are you gonna do.
- still live in europe
- support them too.

come one no is going to know who he is or was until he steps forward and tells us and proves us that he is who he says he is.
There is a reason he hasnt been found.
And the person your referring too, isnt the real guy because if he was he wouldnt confirm any of those facts if he still wanted to be hidden. and if he was active within bitcoin comunnity, he should take back his old account confirm it with a bitcoin transaction from his account and rule the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DigitalSherlock (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:55:10 PM

First you need some method of confirming that this guy is one of the top 300 cryptography experts in the world, which is highly unlikely. Secondly, I don't believe it takes a top level cryptographer to build bitcoin, it takes a person who has a broad knowledge of many different computer science topics and an ability to conceptualize complex systems in their head. I'm sure that there are tens of thousands of people 38 years of age right now that meet that criteria. The concepts required to build Bitcoin already existed and were simply waiting for someone like Satoshi to bring those ideas together, it was only a matter of time before someone would see how to fit the pieces together.

And as another poster mentioned, the rest of the world besides the US uses British English. For example we use it here in Australia. But if you notice, I use U.S. spelling for some words (look at how I spell conceptualize). Satoshi also used a mix of British and US spelling, so he could essentially be from any English speaking part of the world, even the US. And the fact your guy was familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages isn't surprising if he is a cryptographer, I imagine that the vast majority of cryptographers worth their salt keep up with the latest technological achievements related to their field of work. The evidence you have isn't really any more convincing than the evidence on Dorian Nakamoto.

Great post, but I'm not sure wether your tens of thousands comment is correct.  All the experts quoted in this* article mention a deep knowledge of crytography was needed to develop BTC. Stuart Haber even throws around the 300 number. I tend to go with that number honestly. Not because of any cognitive bias, but because the experts seem pretty clear about this.

* http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/129/Media/the_crypto_currency_New_Yorker_Article_Oct_3,_2011.pdf

Edit: my guy certainly belongs in that top 300 category. I'm sure any expert would agree.
analytics

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:06:09 PM

My guy is guranteed to be the one and he's not from the UK.  My guy too is the right age and a cryptographer.  Please send me bitcoin to support my research.  My guy is actually an eskimo living close to Alaska.  I have just as much proof as you have presented.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:11:42 PM

My guy is guranteed to be the one and he's not from the UK.  My guy too is the right age and a cryptographer.  Please send me bitcoin to support my research.  My guy is actually an eskimo living close to Alaska.  I have just as much proof as you have presented.

I knew it was him!

bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 07:15:57 PM

Great post, but I'm not sure wether your tens of thousands comment is correct.  All the experts quoted in this* article mention a deep knowledge of crytography was needed to develop BTC. Stuart Haber even throws around the 300 number. I tend to go with that number honestly. Not because of any cognitive bias, but because the experts seem pretty clear about this.
As someone who understands bitcoin quite well I have to disagree with their assessment. 300 is just a wild guess from the top of their head, there is no scientific basis to it. There is no new cryptography in bitcoin, it uses an existing hashing algorithm and an existing elliptic curve signature scheme. Obviously he was a skilled programmer with a decent knowledge of cryptography but he didn't need to have top notch cryptography skills in order to create bitcoin. He simply used existing ideas and combined them to create something new, his real skill was innovative thinking and creative use of existing technology. He didn't need to be a trained professional, there are unknown hobbyists and open source programmers who have just as much if not more knowledge than the trained programmers because they have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and teach themselves everything they need to know. Even if your guy is considered by many to be in the top 300 that still doesn't prove anything.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
chinacoinbase

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:20:35 PM

haha, how?  the reporter use FBI support to find him, what is your analysis tool or data?
only base on our community, joke? man!!!
 but thank u to explain your reason, the best way is to release your clue to confirm by other.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
I know, I'm a new member, but please try to ignore your cognitive biases and look at the facts I present.

First, I'm not going to reveal this person's identity until I have 100% confirmation. We've seen what happened to poor old man in Temple City, so unless I'm able to remove every shred of reasonable doubt, please assume this is just mental masturbation.

What I currently verified about this person:

100% verified

- Just as described in Nakamoto's forum account, this person was 38 years old in 2009.
- This person is British; important given his British grammar.
- This person is a reowned cryptographer.
- There is at least one link between him and Nakamoto. Unfortunately I can't be more specific without revealing his identity.
- This person was very familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages, and still is!
- This person has lived in Europe for years; important given public information about his coding times.
- He's very sceptical about big gov and supports Snowden, Greenwald and Assange.

Again, believe whatever you want but I'm reasonably sure I tracked the real ''Nakamoto" down.

If someone can provide me with more known info about Nakamoto I can continue my hunt and see if I can get some verification for that info as well!
mz1000

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:46:59 PM

I'm specifically talking about English vs. American spelling. I.e. words like flavour vs. flavor, colour vs. color etc. We already know that Nakamoto used English spelling in his personal communication, so unless you believe this was a deliberate setup, we can pretty much exclude all U.S. born citizens.

Edit: and I also believe the general consensus was that English was Nakamoto's native language.

So he could be Canadian as well is what you just said.

Australians use the same spellings as us (British Isles), right?
I've always thought he could just as likely be from Australia or Hong Kong based on the spellings, but if what people say about the log in times is true and that he is probably from the west, then that suggests otherwise.
I think the media he mentions is a bigger clue. Especially the mention of the headline from the front page of The Times. But did he do that to throw people off. Question: would he know that was on the front page by looking at their website that day?
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:43:43 PM

I admire your scepticism, so please guesstimate the odds of being:

1. a renowned cryptographer capable of developing BTC. According to another renowned cryptographer, S. Haber, there are only 300.
AND
2. being familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages

These are 100% confirmed facts. We can even ignore his age and nationality. Still, I don't think there are more than a handful of persons who fulfill these two criteria. Please tell me where I'm wrong if you disagree.

1. Whether or not there are 300... Doesn't mean all 300 are publicly known or even have a Facebook profile. Satoshi does not have to be renowned. His use of anonymity shows at least that he cares little for being well known.

I personally believe any highly mathematically inclined person could give themselves the necessary education within years. So I would put the pool as: Anyone with large mathematical and computer science talent. Which is many, many, more than 300. (The secret sauce here is: the mathematical/compsci talent has to be combined with the *drive* and desire to create this system, but this doesn't have to come from a crypto/cypherpunk background. Maybe he was just some highly talented math guy who came to hate banks and then did some research and fell down the rabbit hole...)

2. How early stages? I would be surprised of a "renowned cryptographer" that didn't hear about it soon. It's their business presumably to keep up to date. So I don't see this concluding much.

btw, anyone know how old Nick Szabo is?

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:47:59 PM

I'm specifically talking about English vs. American spelling. I.e. words like flavour vs. flavor, colour vs. color etc. We already know that Nakamoto used English spelling in his personal communication, so unless you believe this was a deliberate setup, we can pretty much exclude all U.S. born citizens.

Edit: and I also believe the general consensus was that English was Nakamoto's native language.

So he could be Canadian as well is what you just said.
Right. That's what I was trying to get at. He could be Nigerian and UK English would still fit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: