Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% sure I found Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 4233 times)
DigitalSherlock (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:41:28 PM

I know, I'm a new member, but please try to ignore your cognitive biases and look at the facts I present.

First, I'm not going to reveal this person's identity until I have 100% confirmation. We've seen what happened to poor old man in Temple City, so unless I'm able to remove every shred of reasonable doubt, please assume this is just mental masturbation.

What I currently verified about this person:

100% verified

- Just as described in Nakamoto's forum account, this person was 38 years old in 2009.
- This person is British; important given his British grammar.
- This person is a reowned cryptographer.
- There is at least one link between him and Nakamoto. Unfortunately I can't be more specific without revealing his identity.
- This person was very familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages, and still is!
- This person has lived in Europe for years; important given public information about his coding times.
- He's very sceptical about big gov and supports Snowden, Greenwald and Assange.

Again, believe whatever you want but I'm reasonably sure I tracked the real ''Nakamoto" down.

If someone can provide me with more known info about Nakamoto I can continue my hunt and see if I can get some verification for that info as well!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:45:22 PM

I know, I'm a new member, but please try to ignore your cognitive biases and look at the facts I present.

First, I'm not going to reveal this person's identity until I have 100% confirmation. We've seen what happened to poor old man in Temple City, so unless I'm able to remove every shred of reasonable doubt, please assume this is just mental masturbation.

100% verified

- Just as described in Nakamoto's forum account, this person was 38 years old in 2009.
- There is at least one link between him and Nakamoto. Unfortunately I can't be more specific without revealing his identity.
- This person has lived in Europe for years; important given public information about his coding times.
- He's very sceptical about big gov and supports Snowden, Greenwald and Assange.

Again, believe whatever you want but I'm reasonably sure I tracked the real ''Nakamoto" down.

If someone can provide me with more known info about Nakamoto I can continue my hunt and see if I can get some verification for that info as well!

I looked down in my pants..... nope... still there you havent found him yet.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

UK English is spoken and written by almost everyone who isn't American, fwiw.
DigitalSherlock (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:50:39 PM

I'm specifically talking about English vs. American spelling. I.e. words like flavour vs. flavor, colour vs. color etc. We already know that Nakamoto used English spelling in his personal communication, so unless you believe this was a deliberate setup, we can pretty much exclude all U.S. born citizens.

Edit: and I also believe the general consensus was that English was Nakamoto's native language.
Bill Bisco

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:52:29 PM

Satoshi would have had access to the newspaper which stated TN r rumor of a second bailot for banks  from Angela Merkel.

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
botolo86

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:52:56 PM

Keep working on this project. What surprises me is that the internet, as a whole, has not been able to find the real Nakamoto yet. Is it possible that this guy was 100% invisible???
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

100% verified

Digital... Sherlock?
DigitalSherlock (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:02:00 PM

Look, I know this seems far-fetched for some of you, but lets recap some known information:

We know that S. Haber stated that only 300 people in the world were capable of developing Bitcoin. - My person certainly was!
Nakamoto's profile indicated he was 38 in 2009. - My guy certainly was!
Nakamoto's native language was British English - Another strik for my guy!
This person was familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages- BOOOOM!

Does is still seem that far-fetched now?! How many of the 300 crytographers capabale of developing Bitcoin were 1. British and 2. 38 y/o in 2009 and 3. familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages?!

It certainly can't be more than a handful!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:02:36 PM

UK English is spoken and written by almost everyone who isn't American, fwiw.
Including me.
OP you didn't find anyone.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
virtualprofit

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:07:11 PM

Is it possible that this guy was 100% invisible???

Nobody is invisible , it's just about ressources for found him. A Gov Agency can , but for what ? SN doesn't control this project , it is open source ...

lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:09:33 PM

I couldn't care less. Can we stop this spam?

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9
CryptoDomains

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:11:52 PM

I'm specifically talking about English vs. American spelling. I.e. words like flavour vs. flavor, colour vs. color etc. We already know that Nakamoto used English spelling in his personal communication, so unless you believe this was a deliberate setup, we can pretty much exclude all U.S. born citizens.

Edit: and I also believe the general consensus was that English was Nakamoto's native language.

So he could be Canadian as well is what you just said.
Bill Bisco

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:15:43 PM

OP.  We'd all love to find the real satoshi.   But seriously, more investigation and less hype.  Post a video where you actually talk to the guy and make your arguments.

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:18:48 PM

absolutely, it's really not *that* hard if you know what you are doing.

And there's different levels of anonymity - hiding from the general public is easy, while hiding from the NSA might be a lot harder. He only needed to do the former to keep his name unknown, though he probably attempted the latter too.

anyway, OP's post is some kind of nonsense / pure speculation until proven otherwise. The only relevant fact is being a renowned cryptographer. Actually being 38yrs counts as negative evidence to me, since it's so very unlikely Satoshi would have used a pseudonym yet also given his real age.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:26:23 PM

OP.  We'd all love to find the real satoshi.   But seriously, more investigation and less hype.  Post a video where you actually talk to the guy and make your arguments.
^This, and make sure you include his house, car and licence plate in the shot.Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:26:49 PM

We'd all love to find the real satoshi.

No. If he wants to remain anonymous, he should remain anonymous.
If he wants privacy, he should get privacy.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DigitalSherlock (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

absolutely, it's really not *that* hard if you know what you are doing.

And there's different levels of anonymity - hiding from the general public is easy, while hiding from the NSA might be a lot harder. He only needed to do the former to keep his name unknown, though he probably attempted the latter too.

anyway, OP's post is some kind of nonsense / pure speculation until proven otherwise. The only relevant fact is being a renowned cryptographer. Actually being 38yrs counts as negative evidence to me, since it's so very unlikely Satoshi would have used a pseudonym yet also given his real age.

I admire your scepticism, so please guesstimate the odds of being:

1. a renowned cryptographer capable of developing BTC. According to another renowned cryptographer, S. Haber, there are only 300.
AND
2. being familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages

These are 100% confirmed facts. We can even ignore his age and nationality. Still, I don't think there are more than a handful of persons who fulfill these two criteria. Please tell me where I'm wrong if you disagree.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:34:34 PM

Wow dude you found him. You should be on CNN already.

These guys here are so depressive to deny it. We should cheer for him for his almost 100% guarentee find.
BidcoinBernd

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:39:50 PM

Almost everyone (outside US) learns UK english in school but reads US english on the internet. If this proofs anything than that he's not from UK (because he used american spelling too) and not from US . But it's still a very weak proof.
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:43:32 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 07:27:01 PM by bitfreak!

First you need some method of confirming that this guy is one of the top 300 cryptography experts in the world, which is highly unlikely. Secondly, I don't believe it takes a top level cryptographer to build bitcoin, it takes a person who has a broad knowledge of many different computer science topics and an ability to conceptualize complex systems in their head. I'm sure that there are tens of thousands of people 38 years of age right now that meet that criteria. The concepts required to build Bitcoin already existed and were simply waiting for someone like Satoshi to bring those ideas together, it was only a matter of time before someone would see how to fit the pieces together.

And as another poster mentioned, the rest of the world besides the US uses British English. For example we use it here in Australia. But if you notice, I use US spelling for some words (look at how I spell conceptualize). Satoshi also used a mix of British and US spelling, so he could essentially be from any English speaking part of the world, even the US. And the fact your guy was familiar with Bitcoin in its early stages isn't surprising if he is a cryptographer, I imagine that the vast majority of cryptographers worth their salt keep up with the latest technological achievements related to their field of work. The evidence you have isn't really any more convincing than the evidence on Dorian Nakamoto.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: