Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:42:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO's and the future  (Read 611 times)
lordaquila91 (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:02:09 PM

I see a lot of Ico's growing like mushrooms but not much investors. Some of them don't even reach the soft cap. And just keep pushing the deadline. And some others just focus on the private investors. The thing is that a lot of coins don't see the light. Personally I think this is a good thing for the whole ecosystem. There are already more than 2000 coins and just keep adding more and this is not healthy. Some projects just add blockchain but without a real value, just another coin out there like we don't have enough  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greenlanternlight01
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:37:54 PM

I don't like ICO's as well. There are some good ICO's but it's not worth the risk to find the right one. I prefer to wait some months and see the development once the sale is done.. If I like what I see than I choose to invest

prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:44:08 PM

I see a lot of Ico's growing like mushrooms but not much investors. Some of them don't even reach the soft cap. And just keep pushing the deadline. And some others just focus on the private investors. The thing is that a lot of coins don't see the light. Personally I think this is a good thing for the whole ecosystem. There are already more than 2000 coins and just keep adding more and this is not healthy. Some projects just add blockchain but without a real value, just another coin out there like we don't have enough  Undecided
what's the probability inside the coming months and the years that the market conditions are affected one after the other in the ICO's market and after the end of the year we are going to see low and low ICO's, but for the market as quickly as the market starts off evolved and we see one and the wrists run, so it is in all likelihood that the amount of ICO's is growing once more.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:47:54 PM

The reason why most new ICOs aren't as successful in the past is because there have been too many scam ICOs in the past and basically people got burnt and decided to never buy into any ICOs again.

Even if the ICO wasn't a scam, many have lost substantial value and investors are sitting a huge losses.

The third reason is most likely due to regulations and ICOs might be considered securities and many investors around the world will wait until the situation is resolved before they invest their money.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:51:14 PM

You have said it all so you know what's going to be the future of them.

Out of 100 ICOs, you can count with your fingers the real and legit ones. And with the recent news that ETH which has been collected through ICO has been sold that made the market plunge so people are just learning the lesson here and aren't buying ICOs anymore.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:54:13 PM

I see a lot of Ico's growing like mushrooms but not much investors. Some of them don't even reach the soft cap. And just keep pushing the deadline. And some others just focus on the private investors. The thing is that a lot of coins don't see the light. Personally I think this is a good thing for the whole ecosystem. There are already more than 2000 coins and just keep adding more and this is not healthy. Some projects just add blockchain but without a real value, just another coin out there like we don't have enough  Undecided

Seems to me like you took a cue from this, but here's a very similar topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5051652.0 with the same keywords as yours.

Again, a fall out of the proliferation of projects, ICOs and coins is that individual investors have been wiser and are no longer throwing money around in so many ICOs anticipating 'lambos' that will never come
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:57:24 PM

It is true that the ICO investment movement is increasing in 2018. ICOs are issued continuously, and many potential ICO projects cause many difficulties and losses as well. Investors and members involved in the project. So I hope the ICO's future will be better and have the third party control.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:17:37 PM

Most ICOs that survive these days are those that portray to have good and true values. I have also seen some projects list directly on exchange without lunching any ICO and some of them are performing greatly well. I think they might have thought that if they should lunch an ICO, they might not succeed, because of the bearish market. The bearish market has also made some to keep on extending the duration of the project.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:20:09 PM

Out of 100 ICOs, you can count with your fingers the real and legit ones. And with the recent news that ETH which has been collected through ICO has been sold that made the market plunge so people are just learning the lesson here and aren't buying ICOs anymore.
Not sure if the majority of them have sold their ethereum. but it's likely a lot of icos are still holding their ethereum. You can check through this link and this is a legit link dude https://sanbase-low.santiment.net/projects
That based on the data that has been collected by santiment team. I have used it to see how much ether sent to the market

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Master of Shitcoins

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:25:01 PM

It is true that the ICO investment movement is increasing in 2018. ICOs are issued continuously, and many potential ICO projects cause many difficulties and losses as well. Investors and members involved in the project. So I hope the ICO's future will be better and have the third party control.
Yes, high potential ICOs are still an opportunity to get very high returns, x10 is possible if you invest right. These ICOs which survive the bear market can get very big ones, because its business model has already proven a bear market.
ICOs are still very exciting.

Let's tame all shitcoins!
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:28:29 PM

there are many scam ICOs today and investor are careful or afraid to be scam. even a legit ICOs after the coins get listed the price drop and we see many investor complain about this. it is no wonder that investor don't want to invest and buy only after it get listed and the price is low.
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:37:34 PM

You are right that we have enough coins, but we shouldn't unwelcome a new idea on the blockchain technology. Good ICOs are being failed because of a lot of scams ICO happened this year, investor's portfolio is just decreasing every day for the bear market. After success, every ICO coin price dumping a lot, For these reasons ICOs are not being successful. But In the future, I hope this critical time will no more.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:51:36 AM

Not sure if the majority of them have sold their ethereum. but it's likely a lot of icos are still holding their ethereum. You can check through this link and this is a legit link dude https://sanbase-low.santiment.net/projects
That based on the data that has been collected by santiment team. I have used it to see how much ether sent to the market
No statistics but it has been said that many of them, no exact number but just think of it that they're a lot.

Wow, interesting website thanks for sharing it. But this site also share the same info like what coinmarketcap.com is giving to most of the people. I'm curious on how did the santiment team is getting their data with their site because its mostly the same as the normal crypto cap sites.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:13:35 PM

there are many scam ICOs today and investor are careful or afraid to be scam. even a legit ICOs after the coins get listed the price drop and we see many investor complain about this. it is no wonder that investor don't want to invest and buy only after it get listed and the price is low.
ICO projects are quite risky, ICO projects are now scam pretty much, so I think that if you do not have enough experience should not invest in ICO, take the word into the altcoin, so I hope to benefit Do not worry about the ICO, because the ICO is risky.
Sultanar484
Copper Member

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:17:53 PM

Yes, at present a lot of ICO's are coming but most of the are not entitled to pass in the ICO's soft cap because the projects are not good enought, team are not experienced, fake and scam teams, cheating with bounty hunters, and after all the bad market conditions are badly affects on the ICO's failure.

Sultanar484
Copper Member

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:20:26 PM

ICO projects are quite risky, ICO projects are now scam pretty much, so I think that if you do not have enough experience should not invest in ICO, take the word into the altcoin, so I hope to benefit Do not worry about the ICO, because the ICO is risky.

Yes, ICOs projects are very risky now. Investors have no capital to invests because their capital are engaged in another investments. Another reason is that, prices are very cheaper in the exchangers than ICOs. That why many investors think to buy after ICO's and in the exchanger instead of buying from ICOs.

icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 01:21:34 PM

Well I agree that keep adding new project without a real use-case is not healthy, but I think this kind of thing is also happening in the traditional business environment, many people keep establishing trash start-up. Yet, the traditional economic are still running. So, this overwhelming ICO phenomenon is just a normal thing, for me as an Investor I just need to put extra work on researching those ICOs, so I only invest in a good thing.

romeolopez21

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:20:11 PM

Future of the crypto doesn't have ICOs are all I think. They will lose their popularity with the coins' popularity increasing because from my point they could not be on the top together.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
Who I

Activity: 420
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:24:36 PM

I know one thing. If the project from the first sight showed himself strong, he will collect the necessary sum. There are investors who want to invest in it. I would even invest in the project myself if it had a big strong team, good expensive website design and themes. Normal and adequate managers
Kopetunto

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:28:40 PM

I know one thing. If the project from the first sight showed himself strong, he will collect the necessary sum. There are investors who want to invest in it. I would even invest in the project myself if it had a big strong team, good expensive website design and themes. Normal and adequate managers
The ICO project can indeed be seen as a success from TEAM, website and whitepaper from the project itself, because if the team in the project is fake it is certain that the project is a scam, and we have to be careful about that, I am sure the ICO will be more and more in the future

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: