Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:53:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hiring] Technical Writer @ BAKD Solutions  (Read 200 times)
mrankin (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:08:53 PM

BAKD is a platform for entrepreneurs and projects of any size to network, raise funds, find team members and learn, all in one place while they build out their next great idea.

BAKD gives startups not only the capital they need to succeed, but we instil the confidence and give them the tools they need to succeed. All of this will be possible by using the BAKD utility coin to invest in campaigns and receive project disbursements.

Finally BAKD is also a place where investors can feel safe investing in cryptocurrency startups.
They will no longer have to wonder where their money is going or if projects are really meeting their deadlines and milestones. If project milestones are not met and the project becomes abandoned, all remaining investor funds are returned. Invest with confidence.

Read the full One Pager at https://bakd.io/docs/onepager-eng.pdf

We are currently in the process of building an experienced and dedicated team for the BAKD project.

We are recruiting a high quality Technical Writer to help ensure our documentation is accurate and up to date.

Initial focus is on re-writing our whitepaper.

This is not a full time role and as such hours may vary.

Qualifications;
Previous experience in writing technical documents for blockchain projects
Extensive blockchain knowledge
Excellent writing skills with perfect grammar
Flexible availability

We are currently offering remote roles only. As we have not yet launched, we do not have funds to pay salaries, however you will be compensated in BAKD coins once we go live, including any backlogged hours worked.

To apply, please submit your application including your resume and some samples of your writing to matt at bakd.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sam2014

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:32:49 PM

BAKD is a platform for entrepreneurs and projects of any size to network, raise funds, find team members and learn, all in one place while they build out their next great idea.

BAKD gives startups not only the capital they need to succeed, but we instil the confidence and give them the tools they need to succeed. All of this will be possible by using the BAKD utility coin to invest in campaigns and receive project disbursements.

Finally BAKD is also a place where investors can feel safe investing in cryptocurrency startups.
They will no longer have to wonder where their money is going or if projects are really meeting their deadlines and milestones. If project milestones are not met and the project becomes abandoned, all remaining investor funds are returned. Invest with confidence.

Read the full One Pager at https://bakd.io/docs/onepager-eng.pdf

We are currently in the process of building an experienced and dedicated team for the BAKD project.

We are recruiting a high quality Technical Writer to help ensure our documentation is accurate and up to date.

Qualifications;
Flexible availability

We are currently offering remote roles only. As we have not yet launched, we do not have funds to pay salaries, however you will be compensated in BAKD coins once we go live, including any backlogged hours worked.

To apply, please submit your application including your resume and some samples of your writing to matt at bakd.io
You said someone has been taken already

bringing justice to scammers
Donate if you like me 15pZ5NfrExSahwNEAbrqr9AKVfsg5Zg9gC
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:53:06 AM

If you can allocate a fiat, or BTC/ETH budget for this, then I can help you.

Usually projects that don't have a significant budget fail, and those looking to pay for their fundamentals in tokens are prime candidates for failure.

I would suggest paying for the bulk of your marketing materials in cash or you will see lackluster results.
CoinClarity

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 09:02:54 AM

If you can allocate a fiat, or BTC/ETH budget for this, then I can help you.

Usually projects that don't have a significant budget fail, and those looking to pay for their fundamentals in tokens are prime candidates for failure.

I would suggest paying for the bulk of your marketing materials in cash or you will see lackluster results.

I clicked on this thinking I might apply but I concur. I've written whitepapers in the past but won't do so anymore without some kind of guaranteed real money payment. I recently concluded involvement in an ICO that started with zero marketing funds. It was an utter failure. We still owe worthless tokens to a few hundred bounty participants, who drove very minimal traffic to our website, which resulted in basically no sales.

Michael63

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:54:26 PM

Sorry for your experiences...I've always been lucky with ICOs I've partnered with in terms of writing services. If you cannot afford to pay upfront I don't even consider writing for you. ICO is big business, that's why scammers are keying in. Accepting crappy tokens or even writing a whitepaper without getting all your payment is an absolute waste of time. These whitepapers are time consuming. When you factor in the number of blog posts you would have made with that time ...I advise all writers to charge upfront. You shouldn't be running a fund drive without the willingness to put in your own money.
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:17:28 PM

Not going to quote all of the above, however we are putting in our own money for quite a lot. If the consensus is that all writers just want FFS (fee for service) then that's the route I'm happy to go down as it will save us money in the long run.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 09:15:10 AM

Qualifications;
Flexible availability

I'm sorry, but I do not see how any professional technical writer would jump at this offer.
You don't even have enough funds to pay someone for their work, instead you're just giving them tokens without any value whatsoever.

Anyone who has the qualifications you've listed there, would have no problem finding a job that actually pays them.

The best you can reasonably get for that kind of offer is someone who needs to build their portfolio and has no experience in technical writing.

drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:03:52 AM

The best you can reasonably get for that kind of offer is someone who needs to build their portfolio and has no experience in technical writing.

That's your only hope. Maybe, you just might get lucky.

Your lack of fiat finances to pay upfront for a decent quality whitepaper shows that:
1) your project is unappealing to investors in the pre-seed stage, and
2) you, and your entire team, are lacking in confidence about this project hence not committing fiat funds especially for important dev work like whitepaper writing.

That being the case, which sane, qualified technical writer is going to waste precious work hours on your bait. Even Fiverr operators will turn down such a proposal.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:11:18 AM

That's your only hope. Maybe, you just might get lucky.

Your lack of fiat finances to pay upfront for a decent quality whitepaper shows that:
1) your project is unappealing to investors in the pre-seed stage, and
2) you, and your entire team, are lacking in confidence about this project hence not committing fiat funds especially for important dev work like whitepaper writing.

That being the case, which sane, qualified technical writer is going to waste precious work hours on your bait. Even Fiverr operators will turn down such a proposal.

It does look that way. If you can't fund for someone to do the hardwork then you find no value your own project. If you can find someone out there in fiverr with knowledge about blockchain, its your lucky day. There are people from fiverr which you might wanna train first. Teach them how things work in crypto and then hire them that at least is your option.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:50:44 PM

Position filled.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: