Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High fees on some exchange!  (Read 1611 times)
Ararbermas (OP)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:46:00 PM

Altcoin nowadays are listed on some exchange which has high fees.  I tried to trade to increase my portfolio despite of this situation but still useless because of the amount of fee is when it comes withdrawal.!

Is this normal because of the current situation of market?  Or a normal amount of  fee especially if the exchange is not yet popular?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:27:08 PM

Altcoin nowadays are listed on some exchange which has high fees.  I tried to trade to increase my portfolio despite of this situation but still useless because of the amount of fee is when it comes withdrawal.!

Is this normal because of the current situation of market?  Or a normal amount of  fee especially if the exchange is not yet popular?

Trading fees don't tend to be more than 0.25% with a lot now at 0.1% or less. As for withdrawal fees they're normally a fixed amount and for some coins on some exchanges are ridiculously high when considering usd amount. It also largely depends on how much capital you are trading with given the fees are fixed, if you're trading with a small amount then the fees will hit you too hard to be able to profit.

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:33:54 PM

Yeah, the fees on some exchanges are indeed horrendous Tongue. You cannot use too little amounts of money for trading for exactly this reason, the fees will eat away your small profit pretty quickly without you even noticing.

Gotta be careful.

bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:23:18 PM

Yeah i have also experienced this especially hitbtc and a few others charge very high amount of coins as a withdrawal fee which is not right, sometimes we do not have any option because the intended coin or token is only available at a specific exchange, i think we should discourage such exchanges by not using them so that they realize that they are charging very high fee and then start charging less fee.

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:37:10 PM

The minimum fees on mercatox are quite high so you need to build up a fair pot of coin before you withdraw it. Hopefully these new decentralised exchanges will be easy to use, reliable, and more importantly have cheap fees
Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:53:52 PM

After increasing the exchange fee for BINANCE, I am looking for an alternative exchange.

It is difficult to find a stock exchange with the same security and cheap withdrawal fee.
Abeleez

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:15:02 PM

I have always known of such fees to be on the high side but also worthy of mentioning is the fact that the current market situation has in a way contributed to it. There are many factors responsible for the situation including the peculiarity of the exchanges.
Tcpark

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:23:51 PM

That's why i'm using Binance with 0,075% fee, Kucoin with 0,05% and Bilaxy with 0.1% . Soon starting new exchange with 0% fee..
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:34:31 PM

It's true that some exchange fees are really expensive. Decentralized exchange also requires you to hold some Eth to pay the gas price when trading, which is I think a hassle if you are just going to buy or sell a little amount of a certain cryptocurrency.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:20:05 PM

Fees are high, but nothing to do, you may try to increase your trading volume but most traders are little players so only whales enjoy lower fees.
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:06:25 PM

Fees are high, but nothing to do, you may try to increase your trading volume but most traders are little players so only whales enjoy lower fees.
This what sucks sometimes when we just need to sell that coin that seems to only to pump now but then we are lose in fee or we need to pay more in fee than we seek or buy.

Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:24:44 PM

Usually, fee depends on the coin you want withdraw. It is true that on many exchanges these fees are very high. I usually change altcoins to Litecoin - from my observations LTC has the smallest fee. Try in that way Wink

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:39:04 PM

Can you tell me which exchange that applied highfees? I remember just like hitbtc was charging more than $50 for everywithdrawal from their exchange site. It's not normal basically that doesn't make sense to see that. if that was a not popular exchange and they must apply a little fees for withdrawal. but they are very greedy.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:54:17 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 12:51:06 AM by larkinvain

Could you please mention the exchange name? Because I trade in Hitbtc, Bianance, Kucoin, Coinbene and Bibox exchangers and every exchange takes a decent amount as a withdrawal fee.  Almost 4 USD is a common withdrawal fee, if some exchanges take more than 4, then you should avoid that exchanger.
Ribbitforum

Activity: 487
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:55:55 PM

if the exchange is not yet popular you can really expect that the fee is high, because they don't have funds to run the exchange without a high commission if there is not enough trading.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:01:28 AM

if exchanges is centralized i can understand why fee is so high, try use real decentralized exchange like forkdelta or etherdelta..
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:35:57 AM

if the exchange is not yet popular you can really expect that the fee is high, because they don't have funds to run the exchange without a high commission if there is not enough trading.
It should not be that way, how can they attract more traders to use their platform if they've got a huge fees, but in contrary maybe it is the only way that they can generate profits and take care of securities, we do have decentralized platform where you can trade your coins else, wait for bigger exchange to list your coins for much lower fees.
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:29:24 AM

exchange platform is very helpful for us as a place to buy or sell our assets and I think this is normal, a fee is a reply because we have used the platform. so if we are not happy with high fees, then we can trade in other exchanges that have a low fee.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:52:36 AM

How do you trade? that also depends on your withdrawal strategy.

I think you are taking out your balance immediately when you have earned at least a little. Try to change the habit when you withdraw and only withdraw when you have earned that much so you can save yourself from high fees. If you are withdrawing every time you trade, you will definitely obliged and moved by those fees.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
AlexandrInt

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:57:22 AM

It does not depend on the situation on the market, they usually try to exchange small amounts, which are almost half divided by commission fees. So it is better for you to accumulate a large amount for exchange or to search for an stock exchange with small commissions.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: