Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some arguments used against Crypto-Currency  (Read 712 times)
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 03:35:36 PM

The most important argument against a crypt is that banks and the government cannot control the cash flow, and this is their most important tool for pressure.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:40:24 PM

Regarding last topic of your post I would say that volatility is something I keen on crypto.
With volatility we can make a good return  in a short period of time, so I am a fan of volatility. Don't blame it

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:49:54 PM

Arguments are going against crypto world some are saying it is just to hide oneself from taxation. other are saying, It is laundering of money different people have different opinions.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:52:45 PM

-snip-
The argument that you have made, all of it will disappear with the time process. Cryptocurrency will always be confronted with negative information because of the decentralized system, and even I can conclude that cryptocurrency is anti-government. So as every cryptocurrency will develop, automatically new negative information will appear to drop it back.

But keep in mind, sooner or later the cryptocurrency will develop because everyone will realize if they study cryptocurrency well, I mean they read about cryptocurrency from a neutral source. If this happens, then I'm sure there will be lots of people out there who will receive the cryptocurrency well, accepting the cryptocurrency with the function that it will feel.
ROB18

Activity: 380

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:03:20 PM

Well, it's always like that. There will be always be arguments especially on new things.  Cryptocurrency is a new thing and people will always find ways to put it down especially those that will be affected with the change. Crypto currency is far from perfect but it is something that we can work out with in order to make our system much efficient. Cheers.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:09:29 PM

There will be many more arguments that are given by the media or people who hate crypto. the arguments, sometimes lay without any proofs or experiences. They only know from the media or news generally. However, whatever the argument, I myself still here in crypto and support this. why? because I believe in crypto, I also have many arguments that support cryptos.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:38:12 PM

Well, the first minus is the frequent cases of fraud, from which no one is immune, as they improve their frauds regularly. also one of the problems is the lack of adoption and determination of the status of cryptocurrency in many countries

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Haethiel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:07:22 PM

All valid points mentioned in the topic but there are many advantages too. Everything in this world has both good and bad sides, we should not focus only the negative sides.
Micronometer

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:05:47 PM

Well, your arguments are concise and spot on. It's absolutely true that the things people complain about bitcoin and other altcoins are almost exactly found in fiat system, sometimes even more. This is indeed a double standard criticizing cryptocurrencies alone.
Angleworm

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:06:35 PM

It's true that bitcoin has some flaws. But look at the bright sides, how bitcoin has helped people. Every system has flaws but that doesn't mean it can't be good.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:53:02 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 09:15:47 AM by coinplus

I have been in this space for over 6 years and I can really judge it from inside and when I say something is bad in crypto I probably say it because I had that issue affect me before. I am not some media personality that reacts to increases and decreases in crypto without really knowing anything about it and just try to get viewership via doing extreme talking. I think the problem with bitcoin is that sometimes it is too stable for its own good and sometimes it is too volatile.

The price has been between $6.2k and $6.8k for over 5 months now and that kills the interest into bitcoin and crypto currency in general, however when it was $3k it went to $20k and went back down to $6k that also really hurt most of us as well (thankfully I got out at $18-$20 range, pure bliss and luck) and that is why most people leave bitcoin because they have lost a lot during bear market.

The price shouldn't be too stable and it shouldn't be really too swinging as well, it should be going up and down a bit but overall go up in a trajectory, for example go up %5 than go down 3% than go up %5 than go down 3% and so forth in the upcoming years, this moody changes constantly really hurts the price and the interest to it.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:46:25 PM

What do you want to say with this article? You can find bad moments everywhere. There are a lot of bad people in this market who try to cheat. But I am sure that in the future it will be controlled by the authorities.
krenus

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:43:35 PM

Some arguments used against cryptocurrency :

1. Cryptocurrency is a Ponzi scheme

The whole economic system beginning from demand and supply is a Ponzi scheme because in demand and supply, someone profits from the loss of someone else.

2. Cryptocurrency has no intrinsic value

A government stamp on paper does NOT give it intrinsic value. With your fiat so-called intrinsic value, why does the value of all fiat keep on dropping in value?

3. Cryptocurrency can be used to evade tax

The ONLY legal tax is income tax and nothing else. And it is not wrong at all to not pay all of those extra so-called taxes to any government whether good or bad.

4. Cryptocurrency can be used for terrorist activities

The internet itself is used for terrorist activities. Gold and fiat money also is used to fund terrorist activities and are done in private. So how will you regulate those dear regulators?

5. Cryptocurrency can be used for money laundering

I can money launder with gold also by simply burying the gold and hiding it from the eyes of tax collectors. I can similarly make private and corrupt transactions with fiat money also in secret.

6. Cryptocurrency is volatile

Stocks are also volatile. Check out how volatile the Amazon stock has been.

it's simply fantastic how you comment on it! i totally agree with your view regarding internet and terrorist activities. crypto, internet, fiat are just tools, and those who holding it give it a colour, not vice versa

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:08:04 PM

in any payment system, you can use such schemes. therefore, none of the payment methods can avoid this negative
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:17:21 PM

Someone wrote that Cryptocurrency is just like internet but 1988. Crytpos are still pretty new and will naturally have people against the whole concept. It is diruptive technology with decentralized system which is not acceptable to many centralized institutions. Such apprehensions are quite natural.
tytanhamon04

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:49:50 PM

People who are used to profit from other people due to the centralization of the banking system will always be against the decentralized cryptocurrency. And will speak negatively about it. This has long been known to all.
I think that you are right and at the moment the whole world is looking in favor of a decentralized system for earnings. Banks and their supply in the market are outdated and they sweat something to change or they will have serious problems and debts in the future.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
qolaqola

Activity: 143

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:07:18 PM

well it's true cryptocurrency has its drawbacks as well as advantages. cryptocurrency is a tool, and the evaluation of its use depends on the user. any thing can be criticized and praised. but the responsibility is always on the person.
E_3fff

Activity: 143

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:12:16 PM

well it's true cryptocurrency has its drawbacks as well as advantages. cryptocurrency is a tool, and the evaluation of its use depends on the user. any thing can be criticized and praised. but the responsibility is always on the person.
I agree with you. of course to be patient is to have a certain character and mindset, sid will. and it's all very kurto. but sometimes it's good not to. you need to be able to assess the situation and make decisions.

GOeureka   『 https://goeureka.io/ 』
Next-Gen Solution Shaping the Future of Online Hotel Booking
Gopo6789

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:15:51 PM

it is probably now fashionable to talk about the shortcomings and advantages of cryptocurrency. this is everywhere they say. what's new? of course all this world has its weaknesses and strengths. the world is dual or multiple even. all you need to compare and evaluate.

GOeureka   『 https://goeureka.io/ 』
Next-Gen Solution Shaping the Future of Online Hotel Booking
Arcanefist

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 10:53:51 AM

I believe that most of cryptocurrency holders do not have any kind of illegal thoughts about the usage of cryptocurrency. Still, anonimity is pretty important today.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: