Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POINTS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A WALLET  (Read 336 times)
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 04:42:22 PM

I have seen an ICO project which is gymledger that is open for swap in eosex exchange wallet.

Anyway, there is a good point there in choosing a wallet. But, some of the wallets are not secure and we have some news lately about exchange wallet being hi jacked. This means that the wallets were vulnerable and I have only my belief of a secure digital wallet when it had its proven and worth it like metamask and MEW for ERC20 tokens. I am new in cryptocurrency but the wallets I have mention were really good.

Still I have to consider new wallets. I will going to conduct some research and possibly will going to try also creating a digital wallet. I think it will be worth it. 
YuriiD

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 01:50:57 PM

• How long you are going to store in your wallet?
  • How much the coins will be stored?
  • multiple coins or one particular coins
  • Ready to spend $100 for hardware wallets?

If I choose the wallet I plan to store my crypto there for a long time. I do not want to get used to one and then choose it on another.
As much as I have
it must be a multycurrency wallet
Don't think I wanna spend $100
sergiorus

Activity: 840
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:00:16 PM

good information
nevertheless most of coin has only 1 official wallet (like ICX) so we have no choice
but in terms of holding top coins you should consider buying a hardware wallet tho
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:31:25 PM

I have seen an ICO project which is gymledger that is open for swap in eosex exchange wallet.

Anyway, there is a good point there in choosing a wallet. But, some of the wallets are not secure and we have some news lately about exchange wallet being hi jacked. This means that the wallets were vulnerable and I have only my belief of a secure digital wallet when it had its proven and worth it like metamask and MEW for ERC20 tokens. I am new in cryptocurrency but the wallets I have mention were really good.

Still I have to consider new wallets. I will going to conduct some research and possibly will going to try also creating a digital wallet. I think it will be worth it. 

You cant really just easily trust any wallet nowadays. I've heard that  trust wallet was recently found out to be using a security audit by a fake company and they market themselves as open source while in reality they have just pieces of old code on github and the android version is fully closed source (they even deleted their btalk thread when it was brought up). This time, I'm now looking at the continuous of the only open source multiwallet available. They have a really great project, it is really a helpful wallet specially for us holders. You can check out their link and see for yourself if  it is worth tge try: https://hodler.tech
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:32:10 AM

Thanks for the info. I hope it will help a lot of newbies to choose the right wallet. But if you are careful with your private key, you can use the simple MEW. It is a great and very comfortable wallet. You can also buy a Ledger if you want to be more safe.

There is no denying that my etherwallet is a good wallet since it offers the ability to hold multiple kind of token making a wallet more simple and userfriendly. Though it is a multiple token wallet, it can't still hold other kind of coin which require user to have multiple kind of wallet. There were wallets like Hodler wallet that can hold multiple kind of coins and Erc20 token, this wallet could also offer same security Myether wallet can offer. Coins such as BCH, BTC, LTC and the like can be hold all at the same time, making user have the ease of using the wallet.
The project looks propitious however it will take time to gain trust from the community since choosing a wallet should be meticulously and we don't want to compromise our funds. I still choose hardware wallet over this hodler, it's not just I'm not open for new things but I prefer those credible.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:58:43 PM

Thanks for the info. I hope it will help a lot of newbies to choose the right wallet. But if you are careful with your private key, you can use the simple MEW. It is a great and very comfortable wallet. You can also buy a Ledger if you want to be more safe.

There is no denying that my etherwallet is a good wallet since it offers the ability to hold multiple kind of token making a wallet more simple and userfriendly. Though it is a multiple token wallet, it can't still hold other kind of coin which require user to have multiple kind of wallet. There were wallets like Hodler wallet that can hold multiple kind of coins and Erc20 token, this wallet could also offer same security Myether wallet can offer. Coins such as BCH, BTC, LTC and the like can be hold all at the same time, making user have the ease of using the wallet.
The project looks propitious however it will take time to gain trust from the community since choosing a wallet should be meticulously and we don't want to compromise our funds. I still choose hardware wallet over this hodler, it's not just I'm not open for new things but I prefer those credible.
Yes, their project looks really have a big chance. They just got started and making their community grow, in no time they might possibly become a well known wallet. We should really be careful on choosing, recently trust wallet was found out to be using a security audit by a fake company and they market themselves as open source. But give Hodler a try since they have real claims about their feature and see for yourself if it would be worth, it has a special feature also a hardware wallet could not offer but still can meet the security you need.
Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:59:35 AM

good information
nevertheless most of coin has only 1 official wallet (like ICX) so we have no choice
but in terms of holding top coins you should consider buying a hardware wallet tho
Ledger abd trezor will fit especially if we just want to store and save them for long. It will secure our assets jusr maje sure to keep it well

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:37:34 AM

good information
Ledger abd trezor will fit especially if we just want to store and save them for long. It will secure our assets jusr maje sure to keep it well

True, hardware wallet would always be the safest way to hold fund. I've heard that HODLER.tech will also launch their own hardware wallet with even more kind of coin available to store. Aside from their hardware wallet, I find their open source wallet software great. Since its the only fully open source wallet, I find it impressive. It assures me that I have the full control over my funds and their wallet offers features not every kind of wallet offers.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:11:12 AM

This is helpful! I've been looking for an opensource multi wallet since then. I downloaded the app and it looks great. This might be my main wallet since I have multiple coins and want it to be organized in one opensource software.
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:15:50 AM

This is helpful! I've been looking for an opensource multi wallet since then. I downloaded the app and it looks great. This might be my main wallet since I have multiple coins and want it to be organized in one opensource software.
Great!in fact, Hodler wallet is the only opensource multiwallet available. I just recently used it and actually see no problem with it so far. I heard that they are planning to add more coins soon. I feel more secure using this wallet, I previously using electrum but It can only hold Bitcoin, so its good that Hodler came in.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: