Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit as Freelance Payment?  (Read 342 times)
layoutph (OP)

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 04:26:04 AM

Instead of spamming the forum with nonsense long paragraph of texts, and trying to become look helpful in hope of getting MERIT. Just wondering are you admins allowing people or freelancers to get paid via Merit if the client doesnt have money and can only pay using his Merit? or this will result into an instant ban? Please let us know to avoid violation.

Thank you
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:42:54 AM
Merited by dbshck (2)

Instead of spamming the forum with nonsense long paragraph of texts, and trying to become look helpful in hope of getting MERIT. Just wondering are you admins allowing people or freelancers to get paid via Merit if the client doesnt have money and can only pay using his Merit? or this will result into an instant ban? Please let us know to avoid violation.

Thank you

This probably won't result in an instant ban if the parties involved are not merit sources. However, it is likely this activity will get noticed by some default trust members who will proceed to red tag the accounts. Merit sources are not allowed to sell merit. I gather this applies to receiving goods and services as well. I'm not certain what the punishment would be for a merit source gone bad. They will likely be subject to having the priviledge stripped from them and get lots of red tags.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 793

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:43:08 AM

Merit is not implemented for this purpose so if you are doing this for money related it is merit abuse.But there is no ban for the merit abuse only the red tag will be given by DT members then your account will be useless after you negged so don't do this if you don't want to rin your account.

~Snip~

When you are replying first to a thread I don't think it is necessary to quote the OP.Just my suggestion mate!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196

Signature Space For Rent

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 05:01:00 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 05:27:30 AM by Coolcryptovator

Just wondering are you admins allowing people or freelancers to get paid via Merit if the client doesnt have money and can only pay using his Merit? or this will result into an instant ban? Please let us know to avoid violation.

Thank you

No, this isn't allowed. It will be consider merit sale if you pay to freelancers. Obviously this is violation of rules. Merit system implemented to build a spam free decent forum. Not for sale or trade.

If caught similar case, admin have right to demerit. All send send merit will burn from receiver and sender will get tag. I am not sure about ban. If they are normal user or merit source rules is same for all. If I am not wrong, admin did before like this. But there should be strong evidence.

Here is admin answer;

Since it was a large amount and a clear-cut case, I deleted those merit sends
As I've said before, I'm not really worried about it. Especially at those high prices (plus the risk of being red-tagged), it's enough of a barrier that it should still serve its intended function of creating a significant cost/barrier for garbage-posters.

BTW, if any merit source goes rogue and sells a ton of merit, then I will probably go through the transaction graph and undo all of the transactions touched by that sold source-merit. Merit ain't no immutable cryptocurrency!

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR RENT
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:18:45 AM

There is as of this moment no stringent rules against merit abusers, I think at most a red trust by a DT is as far as it goes,or multiple Tags

Merits shouldn't be a method of payment,merits should be earned,and should be given out only when one is contributing to the forum in one way or the other..

For now we do not have Demerit sources,but hopefully it'll be implemented,just as LOYCEV proposed in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5033455.0
I think it'll go a long way to curb merit buying/Selling,as its definitely gonna be the best solution,merit sellers really do not care about tags anymore as they've already been Tag multiple times,so they just go about selling their merits, so I think a system which stripes them off their merits will go a long way in sanitizing the forum

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
xfactor13

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:22:24 AM

Just wondering are you admins allowing people or freelancers to get paid via Merit if the client doesnt have money and can only pay using his Merit? or this will result into an instant ban? Please let us know to avoid violation.

It is like saying that merit becomes a currency to pay someone.  And I think that is just another way of selling merits.  Instead of accepting cash to sell merits, you will accept services.  The principle is just the same.

it is likely this activity will get noticed by some default trust members who will proceed to red tag the accounts.

Currently, there are no rules to implement for merit abusers.  Active members just put negative trusts on them to warn/inform others of their behavior.  I think theymos need to do something about it? Especially that the topic about merit is really hot and some even use it for their personal interest.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:58:57 AM

Merits are not tokens neither fiat money to be traded or to be paid for servises.

There are so many freelancers nowdays doing paid bumping servises and posting in bitcointalk on behalf of others as their part time job. Imagine what would happen if we allowed to trade merits for those shitty freelancers. They would definitely trade thier merits (earned from freelancing works) for money again. So if we allowed to accept merit as a paying good for freelancer works would mean we are allowing those shitty freelancers to expand their spamming works exponentially in the forum.

So, BIG NO for your suggestion.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10856

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 07:25:55 AM

<…>

So you mean if one is incapable of coming up with any decent content on his own, cannot trick others by disguising gibberish amongst long paragraphs, and cannot really be helpful in anyway, is he then allowed to gain merit as a trade for services, seeing that all other paths fail?

He can try, but there is no carte blanche to do it, so if caught (and there is a pretty good chance), there will likely be some red DT involved and it would render the involved accounts pretty useless from then on. 
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1266

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:14:34 AM

there will likely be some red DT involved and it would render the involved accounts pretty useless from then on. 

DT members dont render an account "useless". If we talk about visiting the forum and posting in topics, getting to know the discussions and participating in them then all can continue for anyone who is red tagged. Because trust is not same as moderation. Ban is something that will stop you from doing so though.

However since 99% of the accounts here are made to get paid from signature and bounties, getting red tagged technically renders them unable to collect anymore payments from those. We should use the term "render useless" more carefully to prevent misconception. Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:23:55 AM

<…>
Well I did say "pretty useless", which gives margin for it not being completely useless and still be operative depending on the context. The core context of this thread nevertheless is related to merit, and merit is for the most linked to ranks and campaigns, so in someone I thinking of trading merit for sex services, then that is likely to lead to a campaign context eventually, where red DT normally leads the account to be prohibited from participating in the campaign.

Outside the campaign/trading areas, logically the account can be used as usual in terms of browsing and posting capabilities.
bigatenz

Activity: 132
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:34:12 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 08:55:59 AM by bigatenz

Just wondering are you admins allowing people or freelancers to get paid via Merit if the client doesnt have money and can only pay using his Merit?
that is considered as a merit selling that this forum not allowing

Can I sell merit?

Selling merit is disallowed
But if the client give you a merit for your fantastic service that is allowed (maybe anyone can enlighten if that is allowed)
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:39:28 AM

i have heard this type of concern last year, that there are bounty campaign that pays with merits. it is at the Services section, and it is quite a good idea to work with that project and you will be paid by merit.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2151

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:52:58 AM

In my perspective, in accordance with its name, "merit" means doing good for the bitcointalk community. There are many ways to be useful in this community, not necessarily create long written thesis or whitepaper. You could create mining software then post a short paragraph about it to receive merit. You could report scam and abuse also, just use your common sense on how to become useful.

If merit treated as a means of payment, I'm afraid it would only benefiting some member, not the community as a whole. I disagree with this idea in general.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bigatenz

Activity: 132
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:54:50 AM

i have heard this type of concern last year,
Last year  Huh , I think merit system started this year : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

that there are bounty campaign that pays with merits. it is at the Services section, and it is quite a good idea to work with that project and you will be paid by merit.
That is considered as a merit selling
Can I sell merit?

Selling merit is disallowed

I think moderators found that and they banned the users involved that project. Can you give me the link about that project for info?
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 09:02:42 AM

<…>But if the client give you a merit for your fantastic service that is allowed (maybe anyone can enlighten if that is allowed)
There is no White book on what merit can be awarded for, with a clear list of enumerated cases on the allowed/disallowed sides. If fact, there is only one related prohibition, and that is for merit sources to sell their sMerit. Having said that, there is a conceptual goal, and that is to merit decent created content.

Now a "fantastic service" to the community would qualify from that standpoint of view. We have examples of people creating tools, building bots (“good bots”), reporting cases of all sort, etc. Those are “services” to say that help the community. Now if the service consists in a translation for example, that is a personal transaction between one person and the campaign (or so), and should be paid in whatever (crypto) currency one can agree on.

<…> it is quite a good idea to work with that project and you will be paid by merit.
For the same reason as above, it is not really acceptable. If done in the open, both parties will certainly get red DT, and merit-laundering techniques are not opaque in a system where merit TXs are logged and looked through often by many.
Helana

Activity: 80
Merit: 71

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:19:39 AM

Thank you

To be able of doing that, merit should have an economic value, meaning:
- the merits should be listed somehow in a platform like coinmarketcap or similar.
- also, the receivers should be able of exchanging them, either for cash or whatever coin they want.

In a resume, merit should become an asset, a coin, and that's really far from the spirit of the merit system.
Why? Well, because the merit system was implemented as a way of saying the people "Good work". This is just like a way of creating an identity in here, as something more personal than economical. The forum reached a point where it was necessary to create a difference between good and bad posters, as you might know. So, obviously, it is far for being related to any economic value itself. Now, of course, by earning merits, you can rank-up and, by doing so, access to some of the opportunities of earning in here (if that's your interest), for you are demonstrating that you have something of value to the community. So, if merits become an asset, the mere spirit of the system will be lost.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:24:28 AM

Thank you

What happens if they don't have any merit either? If people don't have any money they shouldn't be seeking services. This just seems like a way to sell merit and I don't think merit was intended to be a currency but it's crazy how people try monetize everything. Theymos should have created merit as a coin with it's own blockchain and he'd probably be a millionaire from it already. Merit should be given for helpful posts but it shouldn't be given in exchange or in lieu of money as this will just lead to corruption and merit trades happening under the guise of providing a service.
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:38:37 AM

Thank you

Merit should be a reward for contributing to the community not for businesses of particular users...

By the way I've already seen similar transaction but in opposite way - somebody reworded users who announced a job... 

Yπάρχει κάπoιoς πoυ θα ενδιαφερόταν να γράψει ένα άρθρo για τo bitcoin site μoυ;
Eίναι καινoύργια η ιστoσελίδα και έχω ήδη πάρει μερικά θετικά reviews από site τoυ εξωτερικoύ.
www.bitfortip.com
Όπoιoς έχει site ή blog με θέμα τo Bitcoin και ενδιαφέρεται, ας μoυ στείλει πρoσωπικό μήνυμα.

last one I've translated with google translator to see how one can get 40 merits for single post from Legendary guy and maybe learn something - that's what i got:
"Is there anyone who would be interested in writing an article on my bitcoin site?
It's new to the site and I've already got some positive reviews from a foreign site.
www.bitfortip.com
Anyone who has a Bitcoin site or blog and is interested, let me send a personal message."

layoutph (OP)

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 02:25:53 PM

Thanks for your time to reply to my OP. Ok now its clear to me, MERIT should be given as a token out of gratitude and not to be trade off with service or sell it in anyway. Thanks again.
coinlocket$
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1517

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

The moment when you give to merit point a $value is the moment when you using the merit system in a wrong way.

█████████████████████████
███████████▄█████████████
██████▀░▀█▀░▀█▀░▀████████
███████▄███▄███▄█████████
████▀██▀██▀░▀████▀░▀█████
███████████░███▀██▄██████
████▀██▀██░░░█░░░████████
███████████░███▄█▀░▀█████
████▀██▀██▄░▄███▄░░░▄████
███████▀███▀███▀██▄██████
██████▄░▄█▄░▄█▄░▄████████
███████████▀█████████████