Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [CAL] Caliber - Bulletproofs - Lightweight Private Payments  (Read 5797 times)
poplar1987

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:16:23 PM

The nethash is around 3M, and it's a very good beginning.
iammackinnon

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:35:45 PM

It didn't seem to be an attack. The chain split off into 5 alternate chains at some point because of the very rapid increase of hash on the network. Its really not that much out the ordinary. Also Caliber has no Masternodes...

The only other time I've seen massive spikes like this (and it was a number of individuals exploiting the lack of hash via hashing services) was Electronium when they finally forked to CN7.  Some individuals were hitting the network hard when the difficulty lowered, grabbed the coins then waited for it to lower again (leaving all the GPU miners to work through the difficult blocks).  With the current increase/decrease wave it resembles the same.

Even this morning I watched the network go from 4M to 2M and looking at the graph it's been like that (major diff in hills and valleys for hash rates) the entire weekend.

I'm newer to joining recently released coins... have any informative material on the chain splitting because of the hash rate?  (or anything really useful to explain it?)
Info is kinda all over the place when it comes to coins in general.

JamesTheWise

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:58:22 AM

I have questions about the same as the person above me.

Contrary to my username I am not wise about chain splitting and the like but I've been mining since block 300 something on LuckPool and the Pool hash fluctuates rapidly up and down but usually the pool hash rate shows as 2x higher than the whole network.

I'm not sure exactly what this is. If it is as simple as stated by developer then can someone please just explain to us like we're tards? lmao

I'm still mining, absolutely love the coin and am absolutely hoping and rooting for the best. I'm just too inexperienced of a miner to know what that truly is. I've mined 5-7 coins and never seen that happen. I just REALLY hope it doesn't actually have a negative impact on launch towards a free and decentralized start. I suppose that's where my concern lies is all.

Would just appreciate a slightly more detailed laymen's answer.

Created an account finally just to ask for clarity. I really hope there's nothing wrong as I was/am lucky enough to catch the first wave of mining and this concept is really solid as a crypto with a lot already working.

CaliberCash (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:55:39 PM

Contrary to my username I am not wise about chain splitting and the like but I've been mining since block 300 something on LuckPool and the Pool hash fluctuates rapidly up and down but usually the pool hash rate shows as 2x higher than the whole network.

I'm not sure exactly what this is. If it is as simple as stated by developer then can someone please just explain to us like we're tards? lmao

I'm still mining, absolutely love the coin and am absolutely hoping and rooting for the best. I'm just too inexperienced of a miner to know what that truly is. I've mined 5-7 coins and never seen that happen. I just REALLY hope it doesn't actually have a negative impact on launch towards a free and decentralized start. I suppose that's where my concern lies is all.

Created an account finally just to ask for clarity. I really hope there's nothing wrong as I was/am lucky enough to catch the first wave of mining and this concept is really solid as a crypto with a lot already working.

I was referring to the fact that the network was actually getting stuck - worst one was 2 hours without a block. There was a lot of hash at this time and the difficulty was still very low. The hash was spread between 2 pools and they were finding blocks faster than they could sync with eachother resulting in multipule alternate chains. Its took a while for the longest chain with the most work to win out. It was working as it was supposed to.
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:44:21 PM

Good Morning All,

Once I go through the linux setup, what is the command to start the wallet?

I read its in /bin and I looked for caliberd but Im a greenhorn and a little lost.

Is there a idiots guide to mining / setup for ubuntu?
JamesTheWise

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:54:58 PM

I was referring to the fact that the network was actually getting stuck - worst one was 2 hours without a block. There was a lot of hash at this time and the difficulty was still very low. The hash was spread between 2 pools and they were finding blocks faster than they could sync with eachother resulting in multipule alternate chains. Its took a while for the longest chain with the most work to win out. It was working as it was supposed to.

Ahhhh ok this makes far more sense to me. Especially since I also noticed the blockchain locking up for 2-4 hours at a time while mining on a few occasions. Thank you very much for the response!
SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:12:20 PM

Welcome to Caliber Mining Pool @ LuckyPool.IO

URL: https://caliber.luckypool.io
How to mine: https://caliber.luckypool.io/how-to-mine
Statrum url: caliber.luckypool.io
Ports: 5566, 5577, 5588, 5599
Algo: CryptoNight v8

Pool features:
* Support all address type (integrated, subaddress, payment id)
* Support worker, just fill password by worker name
* Per worker hashrate chart
* Email notification when rig stop hashing
* Custom payout threshold
* Reward distribution log
* Discord support: https://discord.gg/v9M44DJ

Miner App:

CastXMR 1.5.0+ add --algo=10
xmr-stak 2.5.1 set currency to cryptonight_v8
SRBMiner 1.6.8 set algo to normalv8

Happy Mining

what is the minimum payout?
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:28:13 PM

Oh boy this one is stupidly hard to mine. Doesn't prevent me from trying but uh oh.
iammackinnon

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:07:09 AM

Go to the payments tab, has it listed there.

It was 2.0 at the start, but it was lowered to 0.2 last I checked.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 12:34:50 AM

Looks good, I don't mine though. Any exchanges soon? Tradeogre?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:57:38 AM

In Caliber Payroom the conversations and the identity of the users will also maintain the premises of the project, that is, guarantee privacy?
m0nt0y4

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:54:52 AM

Just set up the Windows GUI wallet and it says "Monero" where it should say "Caliber" on the screen about whether to connect to network or not.

https://i.imgur.com/esZ3k5o.png
JamesTheWise

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:53:14 AM

Just set up the Windows GUI wallet and it says "Monero" where it should say "Caliber" on the screen about whether to connect to network or not.

Brand new coin, Wallet and Monero fork. Technically saying "Monero" in place of "Caliber" is only technically wrong anyway lmao.

I'm sure it will get changed to Caliber unless they choose to keep it for some reason after everything is in motion.

But yo uare using the correct wallet and it will still work, I promise. I've set 2 up and recovered 1 already.
iammackinnon

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:56:15 AM

Thank you for the explanation.  It makes sense what you said about multiple alternate chains...

Does Caliber have a plan to deal with 51% attacks? With the network hash rate as low as it is, it is susceptible (and appears to be under attack since nearly the start).  Regardless of it being a couple of whales, or simply rented hash the network occasionally goes from 2M to 4M on a single pool.  Since it's mostly on a pool, it doesn't seem like it's someone intentionally attacking in that way, but more of an opportunist trying to gain as many coins early on as possible. 

Look at the hashrate graph on https://caliber.luckypool.io/
You can see that The hash rate was 1.88MH at 06:20+09:00 and jumped to 5.14MH by 07:53+09:00.  It returned to 2.14MH at 08:55+09:00.  From there it continues with these spikes (not nearly as great as that one).  On cryptonightv8 1MH is a lot of computing power, so it's some combination of farms or rented hash that is likely causing these fluctuations. In turn that drives the difficulty up and when the hashing power suddenly drops off it leaves the rest of us to fight through.

Does Caliber have any plans on how to deal with the current volatility (or does this volatility not affect the coin in any negative way?)
CaliberCash (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:26:58 PM

Brand new coin, Wallet and Monero fork. Technically saying "Monero" in place of "Caliber" is only technically wrong anyway lmao.

I'm sure it will get changed to Caliber unless they choose to keep it for some reason after everything is in motion.

But yo uare using the correct wallet and it will still work, I promise. I've set 2 up and recovered 1 already.

Thanks for letting us know Smiley
CaliberCash (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:37:55 PM

Thank you for the explanation.  It makes sense what you said about multiple alternate chains...

Does Caliber have a plan to deal with 51% attacks? With the network hash rate as low as it is, it is susceptible (and appears to be under attack since nearly the start).  Regardless of it being a couple of whales, or simply rented hash the network occasionally goes from 2M to 4M on a single pool.  Since it's mostly on a pool, it doesn't seem like it's someone intentionally attacking in that way, but more of an opportunist trying to gain as many coins early on as possible. 

You can see that The hash rate was 1.88MH at 06:20+09:00 and jumped to 5.14MH by 07:53+09:00.  It returned to 2.14MH at 08:55+09:00.  From there it continues with these spikes (not nearly as great as that one).  On cryptonightv8 1MH is a lot of computing power, so it's some combination of farms or rented hash that is likely causing these fluctuations. In turn that drives the difficulty up and when the hashing power suddenly drops off it leaves the rest of us to fight through.

Does Caliber have any plans on how to deal with the current volatility (or does this volatility not affect the coin in any negative way?)

Still wouldn't consider anything that has happened to be an attack. Most likely just early investors nicehashing legitimately.

However there is concern for attack after Caliber is listed on an exchange because would be 51% attackers could rent the power required. Will have to monitor the network hash.
One good option is to switch to a mining algorithm where there isn't enough hash to rent for 51%. However lots of coins are technically at risk right now by this method and don't have any issues.

The lower the nethash, the bigger the risk and lower the cost of attack.

I will dedicate some time to working on this. I'd rather have the piece of mind.
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1122

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:44:03 PM

Go to the payments tab, has it listed there.

It was 2.0 at the start, but it was lowered to 0.2 last I checked.

do you see any advantages on changing the minimum payouts? makes sense to make it bigger than 2 so you have less frequent payouts but saves on transfer taxes?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
mindsignals

Activity: 428
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:09:53 PM

Is there any point cpu mining with availability of GPU or are they balanced such that both are worthwhile?
ThatCryptoLife

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:38:43 PM

Is there any point cpu mining with availability of GPU or are they balanced such that both are worthwhile?

not much point in CPU mining you will get about 1 CAL a day with a decent 16 core CPU. Even if this coin magically began trading at $1 it's still not even enough to cover electricity costs per month. 

That being said, most people currently speculative mine at a loss or close to break even in hopes of a drastic price increase once the coin is 'discovered' by the sheep
Maxfieldr

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

Crypto_Pugz

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:27:23 PM

Still wouldn't consider anything that has happened to be an attack. Most likely just early investors nicehashing legitimately.

However there is concern for attack after Caliber is listed on an exchange because would be 51% attackers could rent the power required. Will have to monitor the network hash.
One good option is to switch to a mining algorithm where there isn't enough hash to rent for 51%. However lots of coins are technically at risk right now by this method and don't have any issues.

The lower the nethash, the bigger the risk and lower the cost of attack.

I will dedicate some time to working on this. I'd rather have the piece of mind.

What else do you expect when the rewards drop from 8.7 in first 10k blocks to 2.1?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: