Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multicoin wallets  (Read 376 times)
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:27:07 PM

I've personally been very happy with Exodus, but I'm afraid that it's not fully open source.
Parts of the wallet are open source though and they're transparent about that fact.

Source:
https://support.exodus.io/article/89-is-exodus-open-source

I do want to check out Hodler, since it seems to be fully open source.
Its time to move on closed source wallet like Hodler wallet. We need more of security than nice interface, as Hodlers all we need  is the full control over our funds and fully very every aspect of our coins security. I'm also eyeing on Hodler wallet since it's the first and only multiwallet. Seems like they got the point of cryptocurrency which is to give every user the freedom from any third trusted party. I'm in their telegram and the are actually having infrastructure test with Bitcoin airdrop, you should check it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:10:39 AM

Its time to move on closed source wallet like Hodler wallet. We need more of security than nice interface, as Hodlers all we need  is the full control over our funds and fully very every aspect of our coins security. I'm also eyeing on Hodler wallet since it's the first and only multiwallet. Seems like they got the point of cryptocurrency which is to give every user the freedom from any third trusted party. I'm in their telegram and the are actually having infrastructure test with Bitcoin airdrop, you should check it out.
Have you used that wallet? I saw that they ran a signature campaign but it didn't go long.

I think I'll try to look with that wallet but as of now, I'd say that I trust wallets that are reliable and has been built for a very long time. But I think if hodler wallet remains the same like that then it can be the same trusted and reliable wallets that we have been using that. As of now, I don't have any feedback and review with that wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:32:02 AM

Have you used that wallet? I saw that they ran a signature campaign but it didn't go long.

I think I'll try to look with that wallet but as of now, I'd say that I trust wallets that are reliable and has been built for a very long time. But I think if hodler wallet remains the same like that then it can be the same trusted and reliable wallets that we have been using that. As of now, I don't have any feedback and review with that wallet.

Yes, I tried it. They will be doing infrastructure test on Friday with 1600$ Airdrop worth of Bitcoin. They have a really good project, it is the only open source multiwallet available which makes it gain attention to the community. I love that they give importance on having open source feature since most wallet available now are closed source which didn't give assurance on the safety of funds. Read more about their project on their telgram.
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:59:36 AM

I'm not a fan of closed source wallets as you can never know what's going on behind the scenes but I want to give them a try since I'm not planning to hold large amounts anyway.

I've managed to find Atomicwallet, Exodus and also Coinomi which is not out yet but from the screenshots they posted, it looks very promising. I want to know your thoughts on these wallets and others If you have as well.

Well, regarding your statement I have downloaded exodus on my desktop, but I never try to use it yet maybe later Cheesy
Then, coinomi was a good one for android usage. But for me it is still good to use myetherwallet(MEW) you can save their as long as you can save coins over that platform, as long as you keep your private key and password and be careful on the phishing site also.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: