Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:44:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Localbitcoin or Paxful?  (Read 358 times)
elderdaniel (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:48:04 PM

We are a small team of top traders On Localbitcoin and Paxful ready to try something new!!

The last couple of years have seen a drastic change and had a negative impact on the way us Top Traders have been treated. Customer service is lacking, undecided disputes, accounts banned for no reason given and lost funds to scammers. No action is being taken!

We are taking this power back. We know the revenue generated for these sites are because of our trading volume and they just seem to "take the money and run". We are left dealing with untrained admins to deal with complex trade issues that just copy and paste preset communication content to answer our questions. We are cut off from any real moderator/admins that have the ability to actually get stuff done! Why wait for days or even weeks to get something done just because they say they are to busy to help you and you've been a Top Trader for years?

We are creating this new trade site with the traders best interests in mind. Better and more responsive customer support, safety first trade practices and policies, and quick efficiency on scamming reports so hopefully we can recover some funds...

If you are a long time trader on Localbitcoin or Paxful feel free to respond with input or ask for contact info if you would like to be involved in this site venture.

Thanks

Legacy Badge Trader- Paxful

Pro Trader rating - Localbitcoin
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:53:32 AM

We will be factoring in previous trade history and stats from Localbitcoin and Paxful as part of the verification process to help establish immediate ranking on the site.

Paxful used to have this option a few years ago but is no longer utilizing it.
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:23:28 PM

Up
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6142

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:02:39 PM

Are the users going to trade with you or it's going to be another P2P platform?

If you're simply offering a similar platform to Paxful and LB, It's going to be hard to bring users unless your project has something that your competitors haven't and I don't think that simply saying that you have better support will do the trick.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:56:27 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 12:16:09 AM by elderdaniel

Yes it is another P2P trade platform.

There are already a few committed top traders from both Paxful and Localbitcoin ready to make the switch with us (these traders profiles will not be disclosed for obvious reasons). We are traders on both sites as well so there has been a lot of painstaking hours of forethought going into this.

There are plenty of new features in both security and functionality that we will have improved, newly created and implemented as part of this new site.

As we progress with the venture more details on the development will be released.
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:43:02 AM

More to come....
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:48:12 AM

Yes it is another P2P trade platform.

There are already a few committed top traders from both Paxful and Localbitcoin ready to make the switch with us (these traders profiles will not be disclosed for obvious reasons). We are traders on both sites as well so there has been a lot of painstaking hours of forethought going into this.

There are plenty of new features in both security and functionality that we will have improved, newly created and implemented as part of this new site.

As we progress with the venture more details on the development will be released.
Well, once you start and we can all see what you are giving, a lot of people will most definitely pop into it, at least with the right marketing anyway. It is not a bad idea, and more P2P exchanges are always going to be needed.

Certainly, most of the other P2P platforms have shown some lackadaisical attitude when it comes to the interest of their users, and all they are just concerned about is the money they want to generate. What is the point generating money when you cannot even put some value in place for it? If you can be able to settle some of these things that are lacking, it would surely be a plus for your project and I am looking forward to it.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:05:54 AM

You can't compete with a site like Localbitcoins.com with group of traders because we knows that LBC was available in all the countries and huge number of traders were happening on it so must remember that you are going for riskier decision but if you are ready and make better support then others maybe people will find your site soon and trade on it.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:19:36 AM

You can't compete with a site like Localbitcoins.com with group of traders because we knows that LBC was available in all the countries and huge number of traders were happening on it so must remember that you are going for riskier decision but if you are ready and make better support then others maybe people will find your site soon and trade on it.

They may not directly be able to compete with LBC, but with how LBC took a dive into KYC/AML land, OP could attempt to make that work in his advantage.

If you look at what the most popular exchanges are today, then it's clear that we're talking about exchanges that don't force people to verify themselves in order to trade. Binance's success is that they don't care about verification, and they offer great customer support. In other words, it's a Golden combination definitely worth digging into.

I don't know how capable OP is to get it working, but we have to support people with these ideas. In the end, it's in our advantage to still have platforms operational like that.
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:18:16 PM

We know that there is a long road and many hurdles ahead. We've were in discussion and debate for over 6 months and have finally decided on jumping in the proverbial "ring". Site construction just started and Domain names have been secured. I've personally been a trader for over 3 yrs now and I've made a decent run at it. Had some frustration and also came out on top. We took a good look at what we wanted to see in a site and what was most important to us as traders that other platforms may lack. As with any platform there are pros and cons. We hope ours will provide a fresh new alternative to keep our top traders best interests in mind.
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:38:36 PM

As it is now, you are looking at the lapses in some of the previous P2P exchanges and you want to work on those lapses to make your own project fill such gaps. It is not a bad idea, as long as you can come up with something usable and you are able to keep to your promise of a better customer support and something that would aid top traders when it comes to getting their disputes settled. I know a lot of platform, for instance like Remitano that has been doing this well, probably, it is not a bad thing to get to see more in the long run to create competition.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:59:42 PM

If you're simply offering a similar platform to Paxful and LB, It's going to be hard to bring users unless your project has something that your competitors haven't and I don't think that simply saying that you have better support will do the trick.

I dont think they can create any other P2P as good as LocalBitcoin itself. This p2p platform is already spread across the globe like fire and most of the people are using it since many years now. The trust rating for this platform is like 5 star and I have hardly seen any complain against this exchanger. They have escrow service of their own which is fully automated and can be trusted all the time. Whether you are a seller or buyer the system confirm the both sides first and then only it releases your escrow. This is actually a fun way to make p2p and I dont think there will be any other out there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:25:15 PM

I dont think they can create any other P2P as good as LocalBitcoin itself. This p2p platform is already spread across the globe like fire and most of the people are using it since many years now. The trust rating for this platform is like 5 star and I have hardly seen any complain against this exchanger. They have escrow service of their own which is fully automated and can be trusted all the time. Whether you are a seller or buyer the system confirm the both sides first and then only it releases your escrow. This is actually a fun way to make p2p and I dont think there will be any other out there.

I've been a successful trader on Localbitcoin for 3 yrs now. The only reason I'm taking on this venture is because other top traders and I have found the site to be lacking and not willing to advance and stay in pace with the ever changing P2P trading environment. Localbitcoin has plenty of pro's but it's time for some competitive markets to take place to help ensure growth overall. I do know they will be a hard adversary to go up against but if they can't make the changes the traders are asking for then they will surely lack in keeping their base.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6142

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:50:18 AM

I've been a successful trader on Localbitcoin for 3 yrs now. The only reason I'm taking on this venture is because other top traders and I have found the site to be lacking and not willing to advance and stay in pace with the ever changing P2P trading environment. Localbitcoin has plenty of pro's but it's time for some competitive markets to take place to help ensure growth overall. I do know they will be a hard adversary to go up against but if they can't make the changes the traders are asking for then they will surely lack in keeping their base.

The problem with your statements here is that you keep saying "top traders" which in my opinion is not really that important If you're planning to build a P2P platform and honestly, that gives me a feeling that the platform is going to be centralized to a certain degree.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:21:03 PM

The problem with your statements here is that you keep saying "top traders" which in my opinion is not really that important If you're planning to build a P2P platform and honestly, that gives me a feeling that the platform is going to be centralized to a certain degree.

The reason I use the words "top traders" is due to the fact that the platform is being designed to overcome some obstacles that have been noticeably a hassle for those of us who actually trade on a daily basis. We want to foster a user friendly environment so new traders can feel safe and have a clear understanding of how trading works. We would also like to see some new features added which have been suggested to make life a bit easier for us. We can't seem to get the current trade platforms to do this so we are moving forward to create one to tackle the flaws we encounter on a daily basis. We just hope others will see it that way as well.
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:44:58 PM

Up
jayhawk1

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

We are a small team of top traders On Localbitcoin and Paxful ready to try something new!!

The last couple of years have seen a drastic change and had a negative impact on the way us Top Traders have been treated. Customer service is lacking, undecided disputes, accounts banned for no reason given and lost funds to scammers. No action is being taken!

We are taking this power back. We know the revenue generated for these sites are because of our trading volume and they just seem to "take the money and run". We are left dealing with untrained admins to deal with complex trade issues that just copy and paste preset communication content to answer our questions. We are cut off from any real moderator/admins that have the ability to actually get stuff done! Why wait for days or even weeks to get something done just because they say they are to busy to help you and you've been a Top Trader for years?

We are creating this new trade site with the traders best interests in mind. Better and more responsive customer support, safety first trade practices and policies, and quick efficiency on scamming reports so hopefully we can recover some funds...

If you are a long time trader on Localbitcoin or Paxful feel free to respond with input or ask for contact info if you would like to be involved in this site venture.

Thanks

Legacy Badge Trader- Paxful

Pro Trader rating - Localbitcoin
It has certainly became a niche in bitcoin world considering everyone is using the exchanges right now but this would really help out a lot for people who use localbitcoins. The lack of competition has caused those websites to became null and not improve anything because they know that there are no other place you can go and deal with your business. Which means you will have to use them regardless.

With a proper competition against them it would be hard to not choose the new one, maybe the first couple months could cause a trouble about getting more users since its a niche area nowadays but after getting enough of their customers I am sure even localbitcoins will realize they have to improve to make money or they will become obsolete. Competition makes everyone better.
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:08:40 PM

Great response thank you
elderdaniel (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:42:00 PM

We are well on our way getting the site built and regulatory hurdles jumped. Great Job Team!

We are happy to announce the site name finally!

www.BitTraderz.com

Construction page is live and contact information is available. Countdown will commence when we have a strong launch date! We estimate about 2-3 months left.

Good luck come see us there for press release, pre-sign up options and general information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: