Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:53:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to learn programming.  (Read 401 times)
Fundalini (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:52:38 AM

I want to learn programming by self study but I don't know where to start. I'm a complete beginner. Can you give me some advices what books, sites, or any resources are best for begginers? If you're a self taught programmer, please share your experiences too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
totiriti333

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:20:13 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

I'm sure you can find many sites by google-ing youself already. Here's one i used to use when i started learning some basic html and python. The interface is pretty easy to use, and lessons are newbie friendly too. They have built in app to let you try and practice what your learned right after each lessons
https://www.codecademy.com/
Kethboy

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:23:20 AM

i recommend you to start with c languange. and first you can learn how to make hello word in youtube
cassidyyy

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:42:05 AM

i recommend you to start with c languange. and first you can learn how to make hello word in youtube
yeah, I would agree. You can check this: https://www.programmingbasics.org/en/
Also, there many YouTube Tutorials.
enculenka

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:48:00 AM

I will suggest you start with python. Python is object oriented language and very easy to learn unlike others like Java or even C+. The syntax is close to everyday English, its what you can easily relate it and before you know it, you've started developing your own applications. Meanwhile, it's not that simple you need passion to survive.
raatnak

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:55:23 AM

I used to start with codecademy, thats a greate resource. Also you should search for some videos on YouTube, there`s a lot of free lessons out there.
katelynsk

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:32:33 AM
Merited by Fundalini (1)

First, choose a specialization. It will depend on your preferences. Do you want to write games? Create websites? Teach artificial intelligence? Be a mobile/desktop developer? This is what you need to choose yourself. I don't think that one of the fields is better than others. If you have specific criteria (salary level, popularity, number of vacancies...), just search for statistics on programming languages on web, that's simple.

After that, you will need to choose a stack of technologies which you must know to find a job later (in addition to the programming language you will have chosen). Browse job offers to see what you need to know along with the language. Sort the list of technologies in order to study and start learning.

Almost any resource will be good for a beginner IF you are consistent and persistent. I mean, you need to read everything carefully and regularly, do all tasks described and suggested by the author, look for answers which can appear during your study, etc. I know hundreds of non-programmers who just "want to learn programming" but do nothing to achieve this.

As soon as you get the first idea of what you are learning and what you need to know, you will be able to independently study and choose the best resource for you. A book, a website with lessons and tasks, a youtube channel - it does not matter and also depends on your preferences. Once again - for a beginner. I believe that to become an expert in a particular field, you need to read books, as they are more consistent and detailed. But in the first stage, you just need to get a general idea.

When you specify your goals and strategy, go to any programming community and address your future questions to them. For example, on reddit. Follow their threads to keep in touch and track the latest changes in the field.

Good luck with your learning!
ShoyoHinata

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:10:59 AM

You can learn from the book, but most readers don't have the capacity to practice if read only from books. Whatever you are doing, mix it up once. Try to learn from a variety of media such as books, videos, web, etc.
aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:39:56 PM

I will suggest you start with python. Python is object oriented language and very easy to learn unlike others like Java or even C+. The syntax is close to everyday English, its what you can easily relate it and before you know it, you've started developing your own applications. Meanwhile, it's not that simple you need passion to survive.

+1 to Python

I have been a professional C++ developer. When I learned Python (just for fun) I was really surprised how easy language it is.
Things that take a long time to implement in C++ can be really  really simple in Python.

There are lots of easy to use and  well implemented libraries written in python.

One problem with C++ is that it can be confusing and time consuming to begin using some new library. Meaning you have to study a lot to be able to use it properly. One example is openssl..

My Address: 121f7zb2U4g9iM4MiJTDhEzqeZGHzq5wLh
SinarG

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:45:06 PM

This is a great idea! There are many free educational videos and layouts on the Internet. I watched the video on YouTube.
Waradlain
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:44:35 PM

If you want to keep up with the times, I'd advise you to look into the development of mobile applications in particular for IOS. Destop is dead so apps is your choice.
Don't you wanna look into Swift? Some introduction goes here https://developer.apple.com/swift and some cool leasons for beginners are here https://codewithchris.com/learn-swift/
Have fun.
bitmonkey455

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:19:10 PM

Would recommend trying Spring, Java. One of the stronger tool/language these days.
imunk

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:42:53 PM

I want to learn programming by self study but I don't know where to start. I'm a complete beginner. Can you give me some advices what books, sites, or any resources are best for begginers? If you're a self taught programmer, please share your experiences too.
also tried to self learn programming give out in 2days, I advise to search someone to teach you.

Brantom

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:47:40 PM

I recommend starting with Scratch. Go to udemy.com and search ''scratch programming''. It will teach you the programming fundamentals from which you will be ready to move on to more advanced programming languages.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:06:14 PM

https://tour.golang.org/welcome/1

ineedmoney69

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:28:59 AM

first, pick up a basic language like C. or you can go for python as it is much more useful yet easy to learn.. the important thing is to create basic concepts.
for learning your first language you can pick up youtube tutorials or some books for reference. but it won't matter much because you will only learn what you practice.
use geeksforgeeks.com  to practice and learn and then later shift to competitive coding on hackerrank or codechef.
 hope this helps..
I personally follow this.
Xvizupaz

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:40:31 AM

dont forget to instal visual studio on your pc
MiyukiShiba

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:42:17 AM

If you want to learn to programme, you first need to learn more than one language, you can refer to the pages, books, ... And remember to always take notes and the theory is always accompanied by practice.
Fundalini (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:47:12 AM

First, choose a specialization. It will depend on your preferences. Do you want to write games? Create websites? Teach artificial intelligence? Be a mobile/desktop developer? This is what you need to choose yourself. I don't think that one of the fields is better than others. If you have specific criteria (salary level, popularity, number of vacancies...), just search for statistics on programming languages on web, that's simple.
-snip-
I'm interested in Data Science, guess I'll end up with artificial intelligence once I go deeper into programming. I also tried to explore some of the programming languages suggested above and out of those, Python seems intuitive to me.

Anyway, thank you for your advice (and to everyone else as well) it's a huge help  Smiley
Walt_Mab

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:05:29 PM

find a language that can be useful for you, and just start.
As soon as you have a basic skill, you will need to get deeper into it, to make fast & secure code.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: