Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on a transaction  (Read 274 times)
JDMET (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:05:00 AM

I am admittedly a Bitcoin novice.  I recently requested some funds be sent via Bitcoin from one of my online accounts to my wallet at Electrum.  The sender has given me a transfer confirmation that the transaction was carried out thru :blockchain.com to the wallet address that I had requested.  However, the funds are not showing up in my wallet.  What do I do now?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 06:06:25 AM
Merited by dbshck (2)

I am admittedly a Bitcoin novice.  I recently requested some funds be sent via Bitcoin from one of my online accounts to my wallet at Electrum.  The sender has given me a transfer confirmation that the transaction was carried out thru :blockchain.com to the wallet address that I had requested.  However, the funds are not showing up in my wallet.  What do I do now?

1) verify on an independant blockchain explorer (like blockchain.info): enter the deposit address you generated using electrum in their search field, and see if there is a CONFIRMED transaction funding this address

IF this is the case, the problem is on your end... If it's not the case, it's on the sender's end

IF the problem is on your end:
1) check if the button on the right hand side of the electrum screen is green
2) check if the electrum version you have is the latest version
3) try to restart your electrum wallet
4) double-check if the address you gave to the sender was indeed generated by your wallet... (since electrum doesn't see an incoming transaction, the address should still be the address that's being shown in the receive-tab of electrum).
5) by clicking on the green (or red/brown) dot on the bottom right corner, you can manually switch electrum servers... You can try a couple and see if it changes anything (not likely if the button is green tough... A lagging electrum server is indicated by a brown button, a red button means no connection.. IIRC)
6) if everything else fails, you can always try to re-install a fresh copy of the latest version of electrum on a clean pc that is defenately able to connect to the internet, restore your wallet using the seedphrase you initially got and see if it is able to detect an incoming transaction

One other potential thing i can think of: are you 100% positive the person paying you sent BTC, not BCH or some other altcoin?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:26:28 PM

You should check out the following points:
Check transactions on:
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/blocks
https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/
https://www.blockchain.com/explorer
If you have a transaction, check your wallet. Import your private key through another wallet software to test.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:43:30 PM

If you dont mind can you please update the receiving wallet on OP so that we can also verify on blockchain if the transaction already confirmed and processed by blockchain, and if yes then your bitcoin must be already received otherwise your wallet is not fully synch or cant connect on blockchain networks maybe you have slow connections. 

131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:08:15 AM

have you requested the tx code for the transaction? if you have been given a tx code, then try checking through blockchain explore to find out the process, sometimes when we transfer some funds, we have to pass some verification and sometimes a long time
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 06:42:24 AM
Merited by mocacinno (1)

What version of electrum are you using ? Is your client synced (green dot at the bottom right corner) ?

Check the address on multiple block explorers (e.g. look Jansaa's post) and then open electrum and go to the console (View -> Show Console -> Console-tab) and enter:
Code:
ismine("1YourAddress")

If it returns true, the address definitely belongs to your wallet.
And if those block explorer additionally show that a transaction has been received AND confirmed, you can be sure that you have received the transaction.
In this case the problem would be a displaying issue (e.g. using old version which can't sync).

sometimes when we transfer some funds, we have to pass some verification and sometimes a long time

This doesn't even make sense.
A bitcoin transaction doesn't need any verification at all.

UTXO -> Sign transaction -> Broadcast transaction... That's all you need. Never any 'verification' when sending/waiting for a transaction..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: