Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:41:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Need to Be Careful with ICOs  (Read 968 times)
gabbie2010

Activity: 2688
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 06:51:21 PM

Most of the blames is from investors that are always after quick profits not minding the idea and solution of the project in solving problems that is why most of the ICOs telegram chat group are full of enquiries and agitation about 'when exchange?' not minding the consequence of dumping when it hit an exchange.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 07:00:02 PM

With so many scams around these days, investing in ICOs is a challenge. Aside scams, there are issues related with the viability of tokens, and utility. That is why I've been researching on how to get the right sort of token. Investors also need to do more research before paring with their money in ICOs. This article gave some insight https://cryptoinfowatch.com/initial-coin-offering-choosing-a-good-token/
A good article indeed and also investors and bounty hunters should be aware and be smart in investing and participating in bounty programs. A simple research about the project and the people behind the project is a must before you invest in some ICO's.
cerberus5424

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:45:52 PM

I think that investing in ICO throughout this year was very dangerous. I took no chances this year, as I've seen people just lose money by investing in a pretty good draft, as the price of the tokens fell immediately after their exit on a stock exchange.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:47:57 PM

With so many scams around these days, investing in ICOs is a challenge. Aside scams, there are issues related with the viability of tokens, and utility. That is why I've been researching on how to get the right sort of token. Investors also need to do more research before paring with their money in ICOs. This article gave some insight https://cryptoinfowatch.com/initial-coin-offering-choosing-a-good-token/

That is true, that is why most investors are staying away from ICOs. Even ICOs with great reviews fail this year, maybe it is because of the current market situation. Imagine, even well established coins lost a lot of value in the market.
Isai Arnold

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:40:21 AM

One should be very careful while approaching a new ICO, as it can be a scam. The more stable ICOs are better option for investment. Even if someone wishes to go for the new ICOs, he should do a proper research from all the sides before going for it.
AlexKr

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:53:37 AM

Lately it’s not so easy to find a decent ICO. Too many scammers in the market.
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:50:45 AM

That's why many investors do not want to invest in ICO, because many ICO cause fraud, they are disappointed, of course this needs to be done by their own research, so as not to regret, a very good article to add insight.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:56:47 AM

That is true, that is why most investors are staying away from ICOs. Even ICOs with great reviews fail this year, maybe it is because of the current market situation. Imagine, even well established coins lost a lot of value in the market.
Following you regarding to those failed ico's not even they've got really good reviews but the team failed to deliver, some cases of lack of supports and sometimes even reviewers are just been created to boast the project but because of so many failed project still investors are not convinced, it's not like a year ago where ico's really bring good stake for those early adopters they've got good value before being dumped completely risking some money before
make you some huge earnings if you've got lucky, but now even good project after reaching exchange value fell and investors got very disappointed.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:04:11 AM

will ,this is a good warning  to us especialy you are  investor of the different ICO so that everything you works are not turn into waste,thats why we are choosy to pick an ICO project for now,because many scam project are coming out for this moment and we dont want our capital will be going for nothing and  no profit we could gain.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:12:37 AM

It is difficult to decide when to make a decision to sell. The easiest to sell at any price, even falling to very low. This is a developers problem that needs to be solved by them.

I do not think the price is the developers problem.  The developers problem is their roadmap which they need to realize.  Price will follow once these projects are done and the public finds it useful.  Aside from that, marketing without any solid product is just a waste.  So I guess, in order to avoid having losses on ICO investments, we must do our research thoroughly and carefully.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:18:45 AM

Or why not just stop investing to ICOs and just go with the normal tokens / coins that are already listed on exchanges?

Doing research is still good enough to know if the ICO is a scam or not that will give you strength on what to avoid.

Well sometimes there are better profit in ICO rather than in normal coin, I know that ICO bear a great risk but some of my friends made huge profit from ICO, but need to keep in mind that most ICO are dangerous, it can be scam or it can be a failure project, and sometime it got no value after being launched, there are numerous of extra factors that need to be search before investing in ICO, if you just beginner then I don't suggest ICO, never listen to people when they asked you to invest in ICO, always do your own research
warcarft3

Activity: 415

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:22:27 AM

Now we need to purify the ICO environment, and it is now impossible for government departments to come forward to regulate this market. But I think industry insiders will definitely have a good response to let us avoid ICO scams. So I think we should try not to invest in ICO before the new rules come out, so that we can protect ourselves and promote rule evolution.

Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:33:59 AM

I believe that the current fraud in ICO has seriously affected the balance in the market, because when investors are affected by certain investment losses, they will no longer trust the ICO market!

Yes, these fraudsters will always be in ICO's they intend to be only for scam. This has made a.bad impact in cryptocurrency and investors are badly affected by this. Something has to be developed to avoid this.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:30:30 AM

It's sad to admit but icos is are hard to be trusted, almost every ico are now scam and their numbers keep on increasing. The only thing we should do is to avoid them or just do some intense researching. Wish we will have a solution on scam and fraud icos.
Alia Rojas

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:04:57 AM

Well, not only now, you should be careful while in business always. Also, scammers and fake tokens will always be there, so being cautious would be the first thing you wanna be. Also, if you want to be more safe, there are safer and approved coins in there now, you can try them too.
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:51:41 PM

Yes, Lots of scams happening where people are afraid of investing in the ICO. We have to be very careful for picking up the ICO.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:54:29 PM

Or why not just stop investing to ICOs and just go with the normal tokens / coins that are already listed on exchanges?

Doing research is still good enough to know if the ICO is a scam or not that will give you strength on what to avoid.
Because investing in ICOs can bring us a lot of profit if the ICO is legit. But now it does not exist and is scammed everywhere. I also gave up on investing in ICO since May and now I only invest in top altcoin in the coinmarket to avoid scam.
tridverju
Copper Member

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:54:56 PM

It is sad, that the ICOs are failing one after one. But it is also our fault that we investing money or taking part in bounties, without checking everything. At the end, the website is cope pasted from the better project, and there is no project existing at all. Be careful guys.
forbiddenone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:57:37 PM

It depend to the investor could not trust the Ico's and they are spend there money to invest and earn income. If you want too avoid Ico's that will scam in the end. try to  research about the whitepaper and project profile if the Ico are good and legit.

acedia

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:00:43 PM

you're right. A lot of scams. There will be no such projects as ETH or NEO with dozens of X. Personally, I do not participate in ICO anymore. Don't see the point Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: