Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:48:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is global warming a scam?  (Read 13359 times)
FunGate (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:42:25 AM

The more fear the general public has, the more control the world's elite has over them.

Do you think that the global warming/climate change controversy is one of these instances?

I think it is arrogant to think we can affect climate change. The earth goes through various cycles which alter conditions. We do have some affect on what happens, but I the extent of our contribution is likely very limited.

I'm not saying something it's something that we shouldn't worry about. We have to come up with alternate living solutions to minimize deaths and other catastrophes, but I don't think it's all our fault.

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raatnak

Activity: 185
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:48:22 AM

I believe its absolutely true and we should start thinking about it more before we hit the non-return point.
imunk

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:39:38 PM

I believe its absolutely true and we should start thinking about it more before we hit the non-return point.
Yeah.... You can feel it in you region or city how climate been different from 10 years ago or some pictures of ice covered land that now becoming green and some River or lake that visible dried little by little.

Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:37:52 AM

Did the government or "world's elite" cause the terrible hurricanes or extreme heat? The oceans dying? If they are magicians or have a technology the same as the movie Geostorm, then sure, Global Warming is a scam. If the answer is no, then global warming is real. No world's elite can keep that from happening.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 03:58:12 AM

I think it is arrogant to think we can affect climate change. The earth goes through various cycles which alter conditions. We do have some affect on what happens, but I the extent of our contribution is likely very limited.

Thoughts?

If you think that, then don't alter your behaviour in any way.  Doesn't really make a difference anyway - billions of people believe a sky fairy will pick up after them.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
totiriti333

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:47:39 AM

Dude what are you smoking ? Global warming is as real as it gets man. Ignoring the fact that we are the main reason that caused it is like saying the Earth is flat because we can't see the globe with our naked eyes. We human are powerful, and we cause changes, be it for the better or the worse. And we should take responsibility for our actions. It's a give and take relationship. We can't just go about "take" from mother nature and decide not to give anything back.
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:31:52 AM

There is warming, who would not say anything. Climate change leads to a redistribution of air flow and precipitation. Therefore someone from this will be better but to someone worse. One thing is for sure, on average the amount of storms / hurricanes and precipitation will increase
BTTmod

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:56:15 PM

Before I did believe it, but now I do not anymore.  There a lot of unexplained things in this world, but this is something that's possibly just man made only, to promote a more sinister agenda instead.
keyboardstyli

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:59:29 PM

Before I did believe it, but now I do not anymore.  There a lot of unexplained things in this world, but this is something that's possibly just man made only, to promote a more sinister agenda instead.

If you believe in everything that you see and hear on television, radio and now on the Internet, you will probably believe that everything is indeed true (because of the way that our mind is being conditioned and controlled to believe by news and social media altogether).
iHODL2

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:03:12 PM

Before I did believe it, but now I do not anymore.  There a lot of unexplained things in this world, but this is something that's possibly just man made only, to promote a more sinister agenda instead.

If you believe in everything that you see and hear on television, radio and now on the Internet, you will probably believe that everything is indeed true (because of the way that our mind is being conditioned and controlled to believe by news and social media altogether).

I agree! Shocked  It's all an agenda, a part of a grand scheme to push FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt)!
gaslyant

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:09:52 PM

My question is that what kind of gain could all those scientists could have gathered from the global warming scam? Essentially the big companies, cooperates are the one who creates most of the pollution, accepting global warming doesn't have such a grim effect on us but it will make some companies to change themselves. I would understand that having power and creating a fear to hold the status quo but that is not the case. Thinking it could be a scam to control us even though seeing all the data gathered by the scientists and living the effects of it every day is not logical. We are risking the whole world because some people are too blind or paranoid to accept the fact.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:06:23 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

The global warming hypothesis is a scientific theory, Like all scientific theories, it should be subject to continued scrutiny and testing. There also seems to be overwhelming evidence to support that the hypothesis is indeed correct. Regardless, I think that it is good policy to come up with cleaner and more efficient ways to produce energy, as well as other goods and services. In the short term, it may cause production costs to go up. However, in the long term, these costs will go down and everyone will benefit, even if the global warming hypothesis is incorrect.
Blackstar015

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:40:40 AM

Global warming is real and it was caused by people who took advantage of nature.
ps3o

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:10:02 AM

I believe global warming is real. The ocean is super filthy with trash that people don't care about recycling and keeping trash away from the streets. Which is how we get dirty water.
atayating

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:08:49 AM

Global warming is real. If you are a person who carefully experiences life, you will find that the weather in the city where you live is changing! Colder or hotter

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Blanca_Gregory

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:05:27 PM

I'm not saying something it's something that we shouldn't worry about. We have to come up with alternate living solutions to minimize deaths and other catastrophes, but I don't think it's all our fault.

Of course it's our fault. We're inhabiting the planet, we're the once using up all of the Earth's resources. Whatever is happening with the climate change, we are partly to blame for it. To believe otherwise that global warming isn't real is false. Global warming is not a scam. It's real and it's only gonna get worse as time goes by.
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:36:23 PM

I don't see why you would even associate the word "scam" with global warming. There is nothing to be gained from denying it unless you work for an oil company or something that similar that benefits from a company that is directly contributing to pollution. It's real. It's obviously happening.
FunGate (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:52:04 AM
Merited by bones261 (1)

The global warming hypothesis is a scientific theory, Like all scientific theories, it should be subject to continued scrutiny and testing. There also seems to be overwhelming evidence to support that the hypothesis is indeed correct. Regardless, I think that it is good policy to come up with cleaner and more efficient ways to produce energy, as well as other goods and services. In the short term, it may cause production costs to go up. However, in the long term, these costs will go down and everyone will benefit, even if the global warming hypothesis is incorrect.

Regardless of whether or not global warming is correct, I agree that it is definitely a good policy to come up with cleaner energy and more efficient means of life in general to intelligently solve the scarcity problem and knock two birds out with one stone, if only for human health. Millions prematurely die because of pollution. I think a good strategy that we can do right now is to render as many aspects of life as possible digital/virtual-work, certain forms of entertainment, education.
hammerhearth

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:59:37 AM

Its just the cycle of the planet,but we mjight speed it up abit,and thats it.
ryan67868

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:32:14 PM

Global warming is a result of human activity, it's not "just another cycle", we are definitely making it worse, not catastrophically fast (at least for our generation), but the threat is absolutely real
And it happens not just because of cars and oil burned, all the waste from the factories, all the buildings happening, everything we burn, everything we dig into the earth to get rid of and have our comfort untouched makes it worse, a tiny bit worse, but there's 7 billion of us and the number grows
I won't ramble about rainforest and desert expansion, all you need to see to feel the impact - pacific garbage patch
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: