Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What they won't tell you, how to earn even in the bearish market  (Read 412 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4155

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 10:46:53 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2018, 03:35:06 AM by CryptopreneurBrainboss

Before I go on, let me seize this opportunity to welcome all newbies to the forum. I know whoever told you or where ever you heard about the profits cryptocurrency has to offers must have been centered on the capital gains that result from hodling a particular coin.

Breakdown of capital gain: buy a coin at a low price, hodl for particular period of time and sell it at a higher price. the difference between your buy and sell price is your gross profit which is your capital gain.
Example: buy coinA at $0.1 hold for some period of time, sell when it raises to $1 = 900% gain. Cool right  Cool ? But there's a big disadvantage, this is more of a gamble why? you buy that fav coin of your only hoping for a rise in price what if it doesn't happen, what if you bought at ATH thinking it was a good buy price and coin just keep on dipping. The advice Hodl will start spreading round, don't get deceived most times if it isn't bitcoin it's not worth it.

Earning through Cashflow: can i earn even in the bear market? yes you can do that by investing (buying) coins that pays you dividends for holding their coins in the form of masternode or proof of staking. Let me break it down with an example. You buy a coinA @ $0.1 stake the coin and receive dividends earning you Cashflow even when the market is down and here is the best part, you also earn capital gain at the end of the day.
The choice is left in your hands you can either invest for capital gain only or invest for both Cashflow and capital gain. Investing in this form is at its minimum so it's more profitable.
Feel free to drop your views.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:58:31 AM
Merited by Steamtyme (1)

Earning through Cashflow: can i earn even in the bear market? yes you can do that by investing (buying) coins that pays you dividends for holding their coins in the form of masternood or proof of staking. Let me break it down with an example. You buy a coinA @ $0.1 stake the coin and receive dividends earning you Cashflow even when the market is down and here is the best part, you also earn capital gain at the end of the day.

Don't most masternode coins require a hefty initial investment though? The point of staking is making sure you have a lot at stake in the network, after all. The masternode market is pretty overrun with scam coins too.

CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4155

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 11:13:59 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2018, 03:35:50 AM by CryptopreneurBrainboss

Don't most masternode coins require a hefty initial investment though?.
I believe within $200-$500 you can buy into a coin hosting a masternode program (mostly privacy coins) those hefty price you talk about is after a longer period of time, at infant stages most of the masternode are usually cheap looking at the Cashflow and capital gain rewards.
Also there are other coins that don't involves owning a masternode to earn some Cashflow. You're just required to stake for some period of time while other just owning the coin/tokens qualifies you.

I'm not promoting any coin here but a little DYOR will help you in avoiding the scams

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
IlVeroNico

Activity: 621
Merit: 214

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:42:40 PM

I prefer having PoS or DPoS coins, since i can't have a pc always running for a masternode, i remember reading on some cindicator quiz that PoS (or DPoS i don't really remember) had outperformed other kind of coins in either August or september

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:52:22 AM

Don't most masternode coins require a hefty initial investment though?.
I believe within $200-$500 you can buy into a coin hosting a masternood program (mostly privacy coins) those hefty price you talk about is after a longer period of time, at infant stages most of the masternood are usually cheap looking at the Cashflow and capital gain rewards.
Also there are other coins that don't involves owning a masternood to earn some Cashflow. You're just required to stake for some period of time while other just owning the coin/tokens qualifies you.

I'm not promoting any coin here but a little DYOR will help you in avoiding the scams

Do you really have a coin to suggest?  My personal experience says that whatever they promise in return that they lose in their price with time. Actually no gain in the end.

I am alive
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:21:57 AM
Merited by Steamtyme (1)

Before I go on, let me seize this opportunity to welcome all newbies to the forum. I know whoever told you or where ever you heard about the profits cryptocurrency has to offers must have been centered on the capital gains that result from hodling a particular coin.

Breakdown of capital gain: buy a coin at a low price, hodl for particular period of time and sell it at a higher price. the difference between your buy and sell price is your gross profit which is your capital gain.
Example: buy coinA at $0.1 hold for some period of time, sell when it raises to $1 = 900% gain. Cool right  Cool ? But there's a big disadvantage, this is more of a gamble why? you buy that fav coin of your only hoping for a rise in price what if it doesn't happen, what if you bought at ATH thinking it was a good buy price and coin just keep on dipping. The advice Hodl will start spreading round, don't get deceived most times if it isn't bitcoin it's not worth it.

Earning through Cashflow: can i earn even in the bear market? yes you can do that by investing (buying) coins that pays you dividends for holding their coins in the form of masternode or proof of staking. Let me break it down with an example. You buy a coinA @ $0.1 stake the coin and receive dividends earning you Cashflow even when the market is down and here is the best part, you also earn capital gain at the end of the day.
The choice is left in your hands you can either invest for capital gain only or invest for both Cashflow and capital gain. Investing in this form is at its minimum so it's more profitable.
Feel free to drop your views.

My first ever contribution hope it worth the while

I have always been against buying of coins based solely on hopes. A good browsing of the market and it's situations can help you at least if not completely can reduce your risk factor.

Most individual make the mistake of purchasing coin as a result of FOMO when you really don't understand what triggered the whole frenzy it could probably be born out of sponsored shilling or something unrealistic. But as you rightfully said there are disadvantages of cryptocurrency.
Greed has spored alot of people into early crypto grave always start little and climb the ladder at a good and steady pace.  Well anyone hoping to become a crypto millionaire over night should be warned
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:08:15 AM

Do you really have a coin to suggest?  My personal experience says that whatever they promise in return that they lose in their price with time. Actually no gain in the end.

This is exactly my concern. There are a few legitimate ones, but they all require a lot of up-front money. It's pretty dangerous just because of how simple it sounds: You buy a lot of coins, and you automatically get rewarded a few more every now and then. It seems like a no-lose situation until the coin you initially purchased plummets to basically zero. And a lot of them do lol.

Basically, the purpose of staking is to help secure the system, not to monetize it. If any PoS coin brands earning as a feature, think twice. You can profit as OP has described, but there are no guarantees -- something that is consistent across the crypto market.

Thomson-Winter

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:39:06 AM

Earning through cashflow may be a good option. But I think it's a very safe option for those who want to win big and take risks.
Peacemaker1994

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:15:32 PM

Going by the topic "what they won't tell you, how to earn even in the bearish market" it's not easy to earn in a bearish market because the prices are dropping. But with holding you might see out the bearish era that's if the coin survives it.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 09:59:25 AM

During the bear market, there are some coins that require that you stake and you can get money from that. At times , holding some coins is not the best because there are tikes when the price falls and never rises again.

aalavandan

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:14:09 AM

Sure, you can raise money even on the falling market. But this strategy is very risky and you should be careful with it. I am speaking about the margin trading, and before any newbie starts to trade, just spend a week or more to learn about this method. Otherwise, you will fail.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:49:11 AM

If you are looking for a great Masternode coin I would recommend checking out DarkPayCoin. They are an MN/PoS privacy coin with a Premine of less than 0.1%. They have a great developer community and are growing really quickly. You can check them out on their Discord channel as well as get instruction on downloading the wallet and setting up your Masternode. https://discord.gg/XAPNYkZ

Kekkins87

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:51:31 AM

99% of ico or bounty are scam...we must look for coins that are not ico or bounty but people are too stupid for this....I regret I did not get bought coins like litecoin,vertcoin or viacoin when they were very very low in 2015...there is a good dose of luck of course, but you must always do your own researches...for example watch Elicoin in livecoinwatch , is not an ICO or bounty... it's a coin with low mc, low supply, PoW whit cpu, no premine, active dev...only trading it on CREX24 for now...do you own researches in the thread in bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3028302.0... people are too stupid for DYOR and got scammed by ICO or bounty...just my 2 cents...hope it helps...cheers
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:26:36 PM

Sure, you can raise money even on the falling market. But this strategy is very risky and you should be careful with it. I am speaking about the margin trading, and before any newbie starts to trade, just spend a week or more to learn about this method. Otherwise, you will fail.
A falling market is a continuous thing which is why it is best to take advantage of a fallen market instead as that is a different ball game here. A lot of people are always in a haste to just want to pick a knife that is dropping, but the best way to trade a bear market or invest in a bear market is not to do anything and rather just wait it out.

Yeah, we already know it is a bear market, but trying to pick the best price is what has led so many people into problem, the same way when you are patient enough after picking the bottom and experiencing a huge gain, is the same way you should treat a bear trend by being patient to let the market develop on its own. One thing is that, I always allow the market to be a step ahead, give a clear signal before even trying to get in.
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:50:55 PM

I think that trading has a risk of profit and loss, in my opinion it is a dynamic of trade, if you only expect profit and are not ready to accept the risk of loss, it is very fatal.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:02:24 PM

Writing and speaking is very easy, you can bring the moon to your home by talking but practically things are different and difficult, for example in your second point you stated that in bear market you can invest in dividend paying coins that will earn you passive income, in reality most of such projects are not paying anything due to bears and even their value has gone down around ten fold, just have a look at taas, astro, ctx, ambit, ddf and many others have failed to pay any profit share may be some exemptions are there but the fact remains that these projects are not able to pay profit either.

mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 03:19:15 AM

Earning through Cashflow: can i earn even in the bear market? yes you can do that by investing (buying) coins that pays you dividends for holding their coins in the form of masternood or proof of staking. Let me break it down with an example. You buy a coinA @ $0.1 stake the coin and receive dividends earning you Cashflow even when the market is down and here is the best part, you also earn capital gain at the end of the day.

Don't most masternode coins require a hefty initial investment though? The point of staking is making sure you have a lot at stake in the network, after all. The masternode market is pretty overrun with scam coins too.
That is quite right. I also am a victim of joining a coin masternode that turns out to be a scam coin masternode. Because from the beginning, I feel the hype of the coin. But when the time comes, its price continually to go down, until it goes to 1 usd per masternode. Lesson learned. Always do research first.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
airdropcoin

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:36:59 AM

This is not the mainstream idea, and the entry of the cryptocurrency market continued to be depressed in 2018. Investors have become very vigilant waiting for the horn of the whale, which is the right way to invest.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:18:22 AM

you are oversimplifying it in my opinion.
buy a coin at x and sell at 10x to make 10 times profit is easier said that done. what you need to do is to first determine if  that coin you are buying is actually getting pumped or not. just because it is currently worth x that doesn't mean it should go to 10x even if it has gone there before!

as for masternodes i am with @jseverson on this because this kind of investment is even riskier since you have to 1) invest a larger amount 2) lock it away and not be able to dump it at a moment's notice if the price was tanking 3) you are locking it in an online wallet which is always going to be susceptible to hacking.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 10:16:39 AM

Going by the topic "what they won't tell you, how to earn even in the bearish market" it's not easy to earn in a bearish market because the prices are dropping. But with holding you might see out the bearish era that's if the coin survives it.

Well, that is why you should be picking a dropped knife instead of a dropping knife. You really have to understand some things at least when it comes to trading to be able to take advantage of a market trend, and it is not necessary that you have to know it all, just know some basics when it comes to investment, that will help you in making the right decisions.

A market that is going down will always at some point tend to switch back in trend, so the best thing is never to be in a haste, allow the market to develop, know that things can still go awry, plan ahead in case of all that, and when you at least know you are picking from historical bottom support, that even makes it an easy hold.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: