Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Pegged Altcoins? Are that useful?  (Read 188 times)
saerdnaa (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 12:15:52 PM

Stable coins, asset backed tokens, lambo backed coins...it's the fashion of the moment.
I was trying to find out if there are tokens/coins pegged to BTC. And I know there are some "single purpose" BTC pegged coins like LBTC (Liquid Sidechain).

Added value BTC pegged token could be a nice product?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ingrid Bailey

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:36:00 AM

An system where you can buy and sell without the need of exchange is something that is we are not going to very soon. even then how much that system will attract the incestor or how mch reliable it will be is aburning question, Hopefully it will be helpful for us in the long run.
Ariella Maldonado

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:01:40 AM

The crypto is the coin of the future so any idea which will help it to evolve will be welcomed. Also, btc pegged coins would stick to the bitcoin and it might not fall back, so this would be better for crypto exchange too.
oioioi

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:20:29 AM

crypto is a land where all digital financial developments are always well received, BTC as the most popular cryptocurrency is now the largest developer and largest distributor in the world of crypto, so if BTC experiences good development, it is an improvement in the world of crypto itself, so it's not a bad idea if the value of BTC tokens increases, it can certainly be a very good product

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
Saint1990

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:08:01 AM

The purpose of the stable coins are to tackle the volatility in the market and give assistance or relief to investors on stability of their investment. That is why stable coins are pegged with another stable assets like US dollar, gold etc. In terms Bitcoin, IMO Bitcoin and most of the altcoins are volatile and are not stable they can go higher or lower in price as per the market conditions, so chances are very very low that we will be able to see stable coins pegged to BTC in future.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:18:18 AM

Stable coins, asset backed tokens, lambo backed coins...it's the fashion of the moment.
I was trying to find out if there are tokens/coins pegged to BTC. And I know there are some "single purpose" BTC pegged coins like LBTC (Liquid Sidechain). Added value BTC pegged token could be a nice product?

People are maybe looking for more value and stability but still in the framework of cryptocurrency and this can be the big reason why we have stablecoins taking the spotlight. And i think this is going to be a good development for the whole cryptocurrency market...we need more projects pegged to things we know can be valuable or solid like gold, diamonds, fiat money or as what you are stating here to Bitcoin which I find really interesting. Let's see how this trend can be influencing the whole market in days to come. Personally, though, I welcome this development with open arms which is showing us that we are now evolving.
Angie Vasquez

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:36:01 AM

It is a tough question really. USDT showed a lot of potential initially, but now it is not doing so well. Its a bit early to tell. Lets just see how LBTC works out.
Nikolas Brown

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:59:09 AM

Cryptocurrency enthusiasts are always at the mercy of price volatility. When Bitcoin goes down in value in fiat, the aktcoins rise in value against bitcoins. The relationship of altcoins with bitcoin is direct and never be independent.
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:03:03 PM

Linking a stable koin to bitcoin is not the best idea, since it is a virtual currency and the meaning of the stable koin, so that it would be tied to the usual assets of institutional investors. For example dollar, pound or gold
carrascos

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:15:35 PM

No, I don't think this is a good idea. It seems to me that there are some coins that are tied to the dollar and no longer need other coins like these. it makes no sense

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
Izabelle Casey

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:59:51 PM

Pegged crypto currency usually indicates a coin or asset issued on a blockchain that is linked to a specific value of a bank based currency. In usual cases, these coins are pegged to the US Dollar, as it is the one currency that has the most control over the financial sector. Tether is an example of this as their USDT is pegged at 1$ at all times. In regards to BTC having something like this remains to be seen as nothing can be said for sure that something like this can be considered or not. Maybe if more people want something like this the idea might come to reality but for now it is unsure.
saerdnaa (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 10:12:23 AM

Linking a stable koin to bitcoin is not the best idea, since it is a virtual currency and the meaning of the stable koin, so that it would be tied to the usual assets of institutional investors. For example dollar, pound or gold

I could agree with you.
But my idea is that stable coin is an added value technology, so that an old asset can gain new features.
So Bitcoin, an "old" and single purpose cryptocurrency, could get different features (for example smart contracts, more speed, and more) just adopting a BTC-pegged stable coin
saerdnaa (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 10:16:11 AM

Pegged crypto currency usually indicates a coin or asset issued on a blockchain that is linked to a specific value of a bank based currency. In usual cases, these coins are pegged to the US Dollar, as it is the one currency that has the most control over the financial sector. Tether is an example of this as their USDT is pegged at 1$ at all times. In regards to BTC having something like this remains to be seen as nothing can be said for sure that something like this can be considered or not. Maybe if more people want something like this the idea might come to reality but for now it is unsure.

Well, your idea is that stable coins are useful only if they are pegged to the US dollar.
I don't think so.
For example, gold or diamond can be considered stable, but have got some volatility if traded vs USD. So gold pegged stable coins can't be real?

And the volatility can be interpreted in the two opposite directions, just flip the BTC/USD table  Grin Grin
saerdnaa (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 10:19:54 AM

The purpose of the stable coins are to tackle the volatility in the market and give assistance or relief to investors on stability of their investment. That is why stable coins are pegged with another stable assets like US dollar, gold etc. In terms Bitcoin, IMO Bitcoin and most of the altcoins are volatile and are not stable they can go higher or lower in price as per the market conditions, so chances are very very low that we will be able to see stable coins pegged to BTC in future.

My idea is: stable coins are useful not only because they are "stable", but mainly because they are coins.
For example, USDT gives to USD the superpower to be a cryptocurrency.
If you want to give to BTC the superpower to be traded faster than 10 min, you could create a BTC pegged stable coin...stupid idea?
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:34:16 AM

Due to the volatility of Bitcoin and other crypto assets, institutional investors will be more interested with crypto that are pegged to established fiats like the  USD, EURO, POUND, etc. BTC pegged alts will suffer the same volatility that BTC suffers

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
armarsterling7

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:39:13 AM

I was trying to find out if there are tokens/coins pegged to BTC. And I know there are some "single purpose" BTC pegged coins like LBTC (Liquid Sidechain).

Added value BTC pegged token could be a nice product?

It is always good and it is the safest electronic currency ever. Bitconnect may crash, Tether may lose value but Bitcoin is not. It's a legendary electronic money and there are a lot of people trading everyday. always has the highest market capitalization in the Crypto market and has the highest volume in the market. That is a sign that it is one of the great electronic coins.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:45:29 AM

Nah, those don´t make sense at all. You can just get bitcoin and it will save you having to trust a thrid crypto. The only real application is leveraged buys and sell if you are in that business.

Thinkable999

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:32:58 PM

These BTC pegged Altcoins are rarely sucessful. It is better to invest in independed coins as the partnership in pegging deteriorates after a while.
Mr.Boring007

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:33:24 PM

Bitcoin pegged altcoins usually makes a lot of buzz at the beginning and later thrives to survive. We can learn from this coins that using a big name only does not help to survive, innovations help.
AccidentalTuber

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:34:35 PM

BTC pegged Altcoins are not successful most of the times as bitcoin cannot maintain them; backing by the name Bitcoin, does create a buzz initially, but never do good for themselves. Actually there is none that I can suggest yoo.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: