Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:04:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it even matter if governments and banks accept cryptocurrency?  (Read 2203 times)
ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 10:17:57 PM

Whatever the conditions, in my opinion it is important. Because, if the government or bank accept cryptocurrency and want to provide legality, then it will make people increasingly believe in cryptocurrency. And finally, it will keep the cryptocurrency away from negative perception
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:07:42 PM

I read local news, my country's government also said that they would create a digital currency, but not like bitcoin or other cryptos.
and I think, this is not a problem, when the government wants to offer better security to store our assets, then it becomes an option that must be appreciated by the public. even if the development is good, and can compete with other cryptos, then we have to try it.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:12:03 AM

Government and Banks should accept cryptocurrency. Its new currency with more security and can be used as investment at same time. Many Government can not accept cryptocurrency right now because they believe crypto used for illegal activity
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:17:01 AM

There is buzz about the prospective of governments and banks accepting crypto or creating their own for its mass acceptance.

I don't think this is even worth acknowledging, as all of the present and future innovations are going to come from the private sector. Governments are just responsible for damage control, do a God-awful job for the most part and have never achieved true democracy.

In the past, people relied on governments and banks not because they're "governments" or "banks," but because they provided security.

Once AI, blockchain, and improved means to use crypto provide even better security than governments and banks ever could, whatever they do will be irrelevant.

It's not the relevance, but the fact that banks are huge flows of money and people who own them simply will not allow to go somewhere else. The best minds on the planet work there. You only predstavte yourself on what scale you're talking about! It's incredible.

MoreMoneyHunt

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

IQCash

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:19:10 AM

It will be a great news for the entire crypto space if the governments and banks across the globe accept Bitcoin without any regulation that will infringe upon the intrinsic features of cryptocurrency and the Blockchain. If the governments accepts crypto, this means more and more people will join crypto without investing in fear.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:12:52 AM

I think it is good that the government accept cryptocurrency and banks also accept it with the help of blockchain technology it is a future of all and together people will understand the use of it and they think positive on bitcoin and many will invest on crypto.
#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:04:15 AM

There is buzz about the prospective of governments and banks accepting crypto or creating their own for its mass acceptance.

I don't think this is even worth acknowledging, as all of the present and future innovations are going to come from the private sector. Governments are just responsible for damage control, do a God-awful job for the most part and have never achieved true democracy.

In the past, people relied on governments and banks not because they're "governments" or "banks," but because they provided security.

Once AI, blockchain, and improved means to use crypto provide even better security than governments and banks ever could, whatever they do will be irrelevant.

I think if the government only supervises and provides services and private actors I strongly agree that bitcoin belongs to us all not only rich people or people in bitcoin government because it belongs to all those regulated by international government law
OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:59:18 AM

The acceptance of crypto by governments will definitely make a positive impact on digital currencies. By these means, crypto will get a huge support and attract more new users. Though a crypto market can easily survive without it. It is strong enough.

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:01:39 AM

~snip~

Lol whats the goodness on cryptocurrency for security compared to banks and governments?when we all knew that in thic community we hold no physical control and assurance but purely virtual so wheres the more secure about that?what benefits us in cryptocurrency is the opportunity to gain higher and the privacy of no third party interference.but aside from that there are no more advantages than banking and governmental help for us human
@ernissee

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:30:39 AM

https://btcsmash.io/?i=147079
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:32:09 AM

It does not matter if the government and banks accept Bitcoin as it is currently in use without their acceptance. Bitcoin was created because of the influence the government and banks have on the fiat currency. If the government and banks control bitcoin then the aim of creating it in the first place is defeated.
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:19:28 PM

I think this is very important, because many people still do not trust bitcoin because he is not accepted by the government of the country in which they live. Therefore, the adoption of the cryptocurrency by the authorities will have only a positive impact.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:30:02 PM

You are right, bitcoin can really secure our money payments and minimize interference in this process by the government and banks. But if they accept this technology, it will bring it to the main level much faster.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:35:18 PM

I am for the fact that the government does not affect the cryptocurrency in any way, but if they do accept it and start using it, it will not only improve the trust in bitcoin on the part of people, but also improve the entire modern financial organization.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
mariah.sadio

Activity: 573
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:46:44 PM

I think there are some aspects that affect people or community when government or banks acknowledges something just like cryptocurrency. It's just like crypto gains trust from a large amount of people if it is acknowledged by the government or banks because as we know that government and banks practice security and trust.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE 
Dextract

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:56:15 PM

Of course because if our government doesnt accept btc then that basically means they are going to ban cryptos and in case of banks umm its no probs if they dont accept
ivannalog814

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:16:31 PM

In Belarus there was a Bank that accepts cryptocurrency. You can contribute to it but I do not understand why, if you can just buy it on the stock exchange. It will be beneficial only to the Bank. The whole industry was created only for network users and that bitcoin was independent from other States or banks !
http://www.paritetbank.by/ It is suspicious that even the site is not protected )

VIDY 👅 (https://www.vidy.com)
Video Layer for Ads ▶
https://www.vidy.com (https://www.vidy.com)
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:32:42 PM

Is it necessary? I don't even think that they, government and bank, accept crypto as one of their 'stuff' to be rolled. bitcoin should be remain decentralized. When crypto has been accepted under theirs, I guess every pieces of bitcoin's will be controlled, no more privacy and separation between you and your coin. When they accepted crypto, it will only be a commodity that has lots of profits to be taken
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:29:06 PM

If the governments accept cryptocurrency, it will boast the existence of crypto and make it popular if banks are involved. But would still want it to be decentralized.

Governments don't like crypto because it can't be regulated or taxed. Unlike fiat currency which is fake to begin with it is the only currency adopted by the government sponsored by the 100 trillion dollar family the rothchilds.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:49:10 PM

It matters. We need their consent on this for they are the one handling/regulating things economically.

They don't necessarily need to integrate bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in their infrastructure, but having them approve the existence, trade and exchange of bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies is a huge plus for the confidence of the masses who would want to try it out.

I also believe in this statement, if they allow bitcoin and not use it that's fine. They are not forced to. But as time goes by I think they will still use it. They will need to cope with the advancement.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: