Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it even matter if governments and banks accept cryptocurrency?  (Read 2203 times)
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:57:24 AM

I agree with the statement that cryptocurrency provides more security than government and even banks but government still remains a force to reckon with when it comes to have an enabling environment for cryptocurrency. There will be a better result when governments are in love with cryptocurrency.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jackolantern

Activity: 321

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:14:25 PM

I think that governments and banks will accept crypto with time, i don't know whether i should care about this at all as i can use btc at sites freely and i find this very convenient.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 05:33:13 PM

In my opinion, if the government and central bank have received crypto. That means, cryptocurrency has been adopted in bulk. For me personally, that is something that is good, during the intervention of the government and the bank is only limited to, making regulations that aim to bring order
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 05:36:46 PM

It absolutely matters as government is extremely powerful and high influential in all areas of business and commerce.

saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:52:52 PM

If the government and the bank accept the crypto currency. So this can benefit us. Because many people are not able to use the crypto currency because it is considered illegal to use crypto currency in their country. Because of which the crypto currency is also damaged.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
EasyEconomist

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:01:05 PM

Rather than imposing a ban, or imposing strict regulation on crypto-currency trading, the government would do better to cooperate with the community in order to better collect taxes related to the income generated by this activity.

Look at what's happening right now. As China and South Korea impose stricter rules, with the threat of a ban - or the implementation of a ban - other countries could intervene. Yet, if we look at Japan, it is becoming a paradise for crypto-currencies, due to a favourable framework. Even the Philippines is in favour of cryptocurrencies.

drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:24:36 PM

There is buzz about the prospective of governments and banks accepting crypto or creating their own for its mass acceptance.

I don't think this is even worth acknowledging, as all of the present and future innovations are going to come from the private sector. Governments are just responsible for damage control, do a God-awful job for the most part and have never achieved true democracy.

In the past, people relied on governments and banks not because they're "governments" or "banks," but because they provided security.

Once AI, blockchain, and improved means to use crypto provide even better security than governments and banks ever could, whatever they do will be irrelevant.

Perhaps it will.But why Are you so adamant about democracy?Even if it is not 100%, governments still care about the welfare of their people.About security, I think from robbery and street gang cryptocurrency and new technologies will not save you.Perhaps the banks and their services will become irrelevant, but as far as security is concerned, the governments and security forces will not disappear anywhere.
avarnet

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:28:45 PM

In my opinion, if the government and central bank have received crypto. That means, cryptocurrency has been adopted in bulk. For me personally, that is something that is good, during the intervention of the government and the bank is only limited to, making regulations that aim to bring order
that's right because with the government and banks willing to accept crypto it is great for the crypto future because with so many governments willing to accept it it will be fast for crypto to develop. because the government can certainly regulate and regulate it too
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:55:20 PM

For me i dont care about banks and governments accepting cryptocurrency
because i will keep crypto seperate, i wont get involved with anything they
provide in relation to crypto. Bitcoin was created so that we could operate
financially to a degree without the aid of a bank.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:15:20 PM

For me i dont care about banks and governments accepting cryptocurrency
because i will keep crypto seperate, i wont get involved with anything they
provide in relation to crypto. Bitcoin was created so that we could operate
financially to a degree without the aid of a bank.

If you personally dont care about regulations of governments you simply prefer to  ignore the power of media,technology which depends on governments. Crypto community should justify the merging rules that explains advantages of crypto than current financial system. It is not something that happens overnight. Keeping balance on zero is key.
ETHAppCoin

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:32:51 PM

A bank cannot accept crypto because the system that was used to build cryptocurrency is opposite of the core of the banking system. One of the points of crypto is to provide decentralized system opposite to the centralised banking system. To prevent major crashes and the huge impact by decentralising it. Banks see the blockchain as their competition and potential acceptance and involvement of the cryptocurrencies by the governments may be threatening to the banks. I believe that all smart and progressive nations will make a balance between these two. Letting crypto currencies have their role, but keeping to the core of the standard and centralised banking system. Maybe banks will adjust as well and involve cryptos in their business.
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:33:41 AM

It's impossible. A group of people always needs a leader. In the one who will control the actions of others and create order. This stage of humanity has already passed in ancient times.
Now governments complicate things a lot, but just think about it if all governments and regulatory bodies disappeared. What would the whole world be waiting for? The answer is chaos. Everyone would just do what they wanted. But you probably don't even realize what desires can be in a person. And who will prevent the next maniac to start killing everyone, rob and rape?
Humanity just needs to be controlled. Crypto currencies should give people the opportunity to live better, manage their finances on their own. But people are just people. There will always be those who want to borrow. And if we are talking about a crypto loan, then there must still be a body that will issue it and will control its return. Just take this function, for example, banks.
I think that before we say that the government is no longer secure and is not necessary, we should offer our version of what a society should be in this "world free from government and banks".
MoreMoneyHunt

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

IQCash

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:15:15 AM

That means it it legalized and Government will taxes cryptocurrency investors on heavy taxes and also give stick regulations that will be in favor of them.But it will also reduce scam ICO.
I don't think the imposition of tax after the governments accept crypto will be the problem for crypto users because most of crypto users are already paying taxes on the secular jobs. Although the regulations will check the scam ICOs and eliminate the FUD in some investors, cryptocurrency will cease to be decentralized even though the underlining technology is decentralized. The government will manipulate it and control it just as the fiat. Where then will lie the difference between fiat and cryptocurrency?

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:06:20 AM

now the problem is the legality of the government for crypto currencies if the government and the bank accept crypto I think that is a good progress, of course if you make it safe and comfortable to invest, maybe the crypto currency will be stronger

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:20:54 AM

I think it does. It would actually promote cryptocurrency at the very least. There are so many people who are still doubting cryptocurrency, its legitimacy and practicality. If the governments and the banks themselves accept crypto, it is like a very solid statement of support to cryptocurrency's legitimacy and practicality. It would hasten the rise of cryptocurrency because the legion of status quo supporters would then realize that indeed cryptocurrency will work.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:57:14 AM

There is buzz about the prospective of governments and banks accepting crypto or creating their own for its mass acceptance.

I don't think this is even worth acknowledging, as all of the present and future innovations are going to come from the private sector. Governments are just responsible for damage control, do a God-awful job for the most part and have never achieved true democracy.

In the past, people relied on governments and banks not because they're "governments" or "banks," but because they provided security.

Once AI, blockchain, and improved means to use crypto provide even better security than governments and banks ever could, whatever they do will be irrelevant.

It is matter for me because the banks and the governments can influence the perceptions of the people in our society. There are now many people who are believing to bitcoins because of the regulations that the government created in some countries.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:28:59 AM

There is no real democracy if we should talk about money. The government had to control transactions in a way to protect the interest of all and the government which stands for the people. Haven't you think why the government is really busy tracking money laundering activities? Well because that is really needed to make everything in the economy stable. I am not against the goal of cryptocurrency but the private interest should only come next to what should serve all that could even include oneself as a private person. It is just a matter of doing balance protecting both sides where both can benefit in the process.

ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 11:37:26 AM

that's right because with the government and banks willing to accept crypto it is great for the crypto future because with so many governments willing to accept it it will be fast for crypto to develop. because the government can certainly regulate and regulate it too
As long as government and bank involvement is limited to making it more organized, no one uses crypto for corruption, money laundering, etc. I think, it doesn't matter. Because, that's for the good of all crypto users
kalel18
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:55:02 PM

when it is going to be of such support from the government and the bank maybe many bitcoiners happy, perhaps because of the fact that all bitcoiners want to raise the bitcoin totally and never go down from $5000.
but we can not say that, because the government will not allow it, the reason for attracting everyone to bitcoin and losing currency value of each country, the government has need to control it for everyone who is interested in it.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:04:39 PM

I would say it does. It is because a government and banks as well as entities control the sentiments and beliefs of people, especially in their localities on tht types of investments that people would enter in the present and most of all in the future. Since cryptocurrencies rely mostly on the community and on its users to continue its activities, it would be too much of a blow if many governments would speak ill of it or ban it, especially when coming from big market countries like the UK, China and the US. On the other hand, if a government supports it, many people would be more comfortable to invest in it knowing that their government supports it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: