Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:54:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO themselves are destroying the institution of the ICO!?  (Read 609 times)
InGODweTrast3 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

ICO themselves are destroying the institution of the ICO!?
I think the greed that prevents changing the world is to blame for everything!
What do you think? Huh
Angelique Donovan

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:03:40 AM
Merited by The Cryptovator (1)

You have to be more specific about what exactly have you meant by the ICO institute. You should also be more specific about the process of ICO destroying those institutions. Without proper clarification it won't be wise to comment anything regard the topic.
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:34:39 AM

Yes I also think that way. Many ICO fail to performed the expectation of many investors which is building up bad reputation on ICO. I could believe that it would be corrected by them also.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:57:09 AM

What do you think? Huh

Legit ICO will not make it worse, its those ICO that are too scumbag that didn't mind others that ruining its name, those who sincerely want to run ICO is also affected on it.

EscrowService28

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

“The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:20:06 AM

Why they will destroy themselves and what you mean by the statement about greed? I think you should be aware of the consequence of ICOs on todays situation. We still on a bearish market and ICOs are failing due to lack of investors. It's not that they being greedy and extending their timeline beyond schedule it was due to lack of fund yet before they launch. I know what they feels and that is something we should bear. I understand that legit ICOs are patience but those scammers are so hasty to collect funds.

mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:20:38 AM

What do you think? Huh

if you look at the history of some ICOs at this time, it is very difficult to achieve softcap, so they return the investors' investment, this proves that what the OP said was true, because many ICOs were scams that made the reputation of the ICO project worse and dropped the overall ICO image
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:33:06 AM

What do you think? Huh

That's right, they are hurting themselves. but for some reasons a lot of people are even smart in these days. so many times they have been avoiding the scam icos.
it makes the ico condition even worst. I hope that there will be more people will try to learn a lot about how to avoid that scam icos.
rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:37:16 AM

What do you think? Huh

some ICOs basically destroy the reputation of the whole ICO industry. How can I say that? well, in some cases. ICO promises so much more than a usual thing. What happens next, they scam investors and bounty hunters. This result for the ICO's to lose reputation and its really really bad for it.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:17:06 AM

I think there must be some regualtions to run ICO so that people can be safe from scam ICO
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:48:14 AM

What do you think? Huh

That is the reason why more legit ICO's are struggling to get their presale because of the hesitation of the investors to invest upon rising population of scam ICO, even bounty hunters had been affected on this.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:16:36 AM

there is nothing to destroy, the concept is flawed to begin with. raising funds by issuing some token that has no usage and only bloats the market and clogs the platform it is using is pointless. and Initial Coin Offering is basically the same thing as premining an altcoin and then airdropping a small portion of it to newbies while you are the biggest shareholder who only dumps on each pump to get a lot of free money out. this is the whole concept but it is prettified by calling it a company raising funds to do something or create some product!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

there is nothing to destroy, the concept is flawed to begin with. raising funds by issuing some token that has no usage and only bloats the market and clogs the platform it is using is pointless. and Initial Coin Offering is basically the same thing as premining an altcoin and then airdropping a small portion of it to newbies while you are the biggest shareholder who only dumps on each pump to get a lot of free money out. this is the whole concept but it is prettified by calling it a company raising funds to do something or create some product!
If you think the very concept of ICO is wrong, can you suggest a more suitable option for the development of tokens? In my opinion, this is the most democratic way to improve cryptocurrency, in which everyone can participate. Of course, given the large sums that ICO collects, this cannot fail to attract the attention of various kinds of scammers. We need to choose such ICO projects more carefully for investment and for promotion as participants in the campaign of generosity so that fraudsters would have no chance of success.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:58:30 AM

those scam ICOs are the one destroying it. individual or groups start their own ICO because they have an idea and they need funds to develop it. so what is wrong with it? when you prevent someone to express his/her ideas that is like preventing the world to change. the crypto is not perfect so expressing ideas can help crypto progress.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:59:45 AM

What do you think? Huh

some ICOs basically destroy the reputation of the whole ICO industry. How can I say that? well, in some cases. ICO promises so much more than a usual thing. What happens next, they scam investors and bounty hunters. This result for the ICO's to lose reputation and its really really bad for it.

So let us be specific if that is your thought since there are legit ICO even if some payments or  reward tokens was delayed but still consider as legitimate , and there are so many ICO that are identified as scam and they are destroyed the reputation of legit ICO .
Audrina Harvey

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:04:05 AM

Will, no one wants to destroy their own self just as that. The whole ico is encompassed by many complications, taboo, restrictions etc. So they might seem struggling, but they are really trying to get up as well as the investors. So, it's better for the investors to support it too.
fly99

Activity: 421
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:44:47 AM

What do you think? Huh

No one can stop human greed, so your statement is impossible to achieve. We can only wait for changes in the ICO system. As long as we can effectively avoid those fraudsters, ICO will be resurrected. Perhaps the best way is that government departments can introduce targeted laws and regulations and can set up relevant institutions to supervise ICO.

Iwillgotothemoon

Activity: 171
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:47:40 AM

This is not a bad thing, maybe it is a cleansing of the market, and ICO will be supervised in the future. This helps the growth of the cryptocurrency.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:51:22 AM

Ambiguous, I do not think so. A lot of projects collect softcap. We judge for a very short period and raise a meaningless panic. Everything goes on as usual, there are a lot of cheaters, this is a test to become better and stronger

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1664

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:57:09 AM

What do you think? Huh

That is the reason why more legit ICO's are struggling to get their presale because of the hesitation of the investors to invest upon rising population of scam ICO, even bounty hunters had been affected on this.

Yes, and I have the theory that ICO's also fall because we are in the bear market. Remember last year we have so much growth and no one complaining about ICO's scams except for a few which made it big and headlines to crypto related websites. But since we have seen a lot of struggle this year, everyone is looking for someone to blame and every time their is a scam ICO's floating around, everyone took noticed hence other legit project is affected. So we have this domino effect and its difficult for them to at least raise or hit their soft-cap.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:01:56 AM

Yes, the greed of the people who created the current project to attract money destroys the ico institute. Some regulation of these projects is needed in order to get less scam. I think in the future they will create a tool that will protect investors without creating special barriers for them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: