Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:50:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO themselves are destroying the institution of the ICO!?  (Read 611 times)
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:26:55 AM

ICO history is currently not as good as some time ago, because there are so many ICOs that finally failed to run the system and made substantial losses to investors, but it all also came from high fraud rates so that investor confidence in ICO decreased and caused the institution to collapse, but for now, of course there are still high dedication ICOs that are very good at running the system

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
Saint1990

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:53:38 AM

ICO themselves are destroying the institution of the ICO!?
I think the greed that prevents changing the world is to blame for everything!
What do you think? Huh

Not all ICOs are destroying the market of ICOs, there are still legit ICO exist in the market. The main problem is there is no such thing as ICO institution, if this ICOs institution existed there could have been guidelines or clear regulation on the ICOs to safe investors from greedy scammers. There is unclear regulations on the ICO that is why scammers recreates fake websites, whitepaper and uses the fake picture of peoples to show them as their team members. If everything goes right they scam investors and runaway, but thanks to few members on BITCOINTALK forum who exposes and have exposed such shaddy scammers on the forum to aware the community.

Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:17:09 AM

What do you think? Huh

so you are also included? because you are part of a bounty campaign that is covered by ico?
I think this is naive for you to discuss but does not provide an option about your own opinion.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:42:54 AM

What do you think? Huh

I do not think that. That's just a service and that service is totally up to the user. I know that ICO regulations are bad so there have been many scams and ICO projects have become less trustworthy. But this is a risky market so people think that this is normal.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Jazmyn Salazar

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:04:17 PM

ICO is a type of crowdfunding using cryptocurrencies is a means of raising capital that has been prone to scams and securities law violations. I also think ICO themselves are destroying the institution of ICO because of their greed.
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:20:21 PM

What do you think? Huh

Greed is not only in the cryptocurrency market, it is in any sphere of human life. Where there is money, there is always a man who wants to steal more than he should. I think the ICO had nothing to do with it.   
Isuk

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:12:59 PM

Yeah, although there are many scam project in ICO market, but there still any legit ICOs. I have the same opinion as you, we need a regulation here so the scammer will not do their bad act anymore. But it still a hope, let's prevent the scam project by doing any research before joining any project.
c0ffer

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Gems:Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:47:15 PM

The majority of ICOs will not survive. The entire industry is just going through a rapid phase of development.

As it matures we will see better offerings and more stability.

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
WiresAreComing

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

Not all ICOs are the same. It's not quite right to generalize in this case: it is scam ICO that ruin ICO's reputation, not just any ICO.
On the other hand, the market is extremely bloated with hundreds of ICO coins being listed on different exchanges. It may be confusing for investors and traders, but I can`t say it`s only negative: current environment is the natural selection of coins, where only the strongest can withstand.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:18:41 PM

It is both increasing its awareness and hurting its value all at the same time.

I mean if you are investing into an actual good token or ICO than you already made a decent chunk of profit from it, there are some people who made insane returns from ICO investments and they made so much more profit that they reinvested into another ICO thinking they will do that type of profit again and than reinvested again and again until they invested into a scam ICO and all of a sudden "ICO's are all scam nowadays", well no you have invested into so many ICO that eventually you found a scam one. People who find the scam ICO's at first or second try are also quite troublesome because they believe ICO's are not that good from the start.

In reality there are very few good ones but the ones that really blossom thanks to funds have made x100 or more to the investors so far such as IOTA for example. I would suggest not investing on ICO's in a rush because it is not something you should do quickly, it is more like a slow and steady work and you should really research them well in order to make sure it is not a scam coin that would hurt your finances.
Airelves09

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 03:37:06 PM

ICO is only a means to raise funds for projects. But a lot of fraudulent projects are also involved. This has disrupted the market. Let the real ICO project get no attention. I think ICO will still exist for some time. As to whether there will be new ways to raise funds. Let's wait and see.

pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 717

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:16:05 PM

Up to what I understand your question, I can say that the ICOs are indeed to be blamed for their bad reputation. ICOs have been in the limelight since the last years when hundreds of ICOs launched every month.
It has been the year of ICOs the previous year and the obvious results(i.e. Scam ICOs) have turned many faces down. It has become obvious that ICOs are not going to be trusted anymore since a lot of people have been scammed from the last year. I guess only the truly potential ICOs will be trusted and supported by the crypto community now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Jacey Barnett

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:59:38 PM

ICO's are in the situation of dealing with setbacks due to the scam based ICO's. To help ICO's from our side we can take the time to get details about the project they offer, overview of their team, what their goals and and so on in order to know if they are a legit group with a potentially good idea that has a future. With all this in mind we can hope to see a change for ICO's.
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:12:04 PM

What do you think? Huh

Even in a pile of garbage you can find a decent thing. Many ISOs do not offer anything new, they just copy other people's ideas without making even changes, but such projects have always been there, good and worthy projects are immediately visible. I believe that weak and bad projects are also useful, because they teach the inattentive investors to take money more seriously.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
iSparta

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:01:25 PM

ICO is only a fundraising tool. The use of blockchain technologies increases the reliability and speed of fundraising. At the same time, while there are no reliable mechanisms to protect against the fraudulent use of the funds collected. It depends only on the goodwill of the organizers of the ICO.
ci1990

Activity: 252

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:42:05 AM

Yes they are doing harm to themselves. Most ICO's are pure cash grab these days. This is not good for the future of ICO's and the investors. Once investors lose faith in it, then ICO's won't be able to reach hardcap.

owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:38:20 AM

I believe that the market for ICO projects is changing at the moment, and many projects should reconsider their requests in the future, because most of them want a lot of money for their development, having only one idea, without a working product.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Jeremie502

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:25:54 PM

There are many ICOs trying to scam people for a short term gain. This is a fools path as if they were dedicated to the project, it would have blossomed into a very profitable venture in the long term.
Aristotle71

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:26:17 PM

I do agree with your vision. There are many scam projects which is giving the ICO a very bad name. If only this scammers could be caught and punished properly we could've seen much fewer of those.
Griffith339

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

To some extent I guess. A lot of scam ICOs surged in last couple of years and they deeply wounded everyone associated with ICOs in general and made a serious damage of the overall reputation. But you have to give it to the people as well. Their bottomless greed is the reason these scams could cash in
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: