Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we still "Early Adopters"?  (Read 2606 times)
ridertiger

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:50:10 AM

If you are reading this thread, consider yourself lucky because you are an early adapter. I think.
fucilator_3000 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 27

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:29:45 AM

If you have to ask then you’re not an early adopter.

I'm not completely agree...

Probalby people in 2011 asked the same question
BD Money365
Copper Member

Activity: 262
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 11:16:54 AM

Yeah obviously we are still early adopters. now I taught about 10 years later scenario. I think After 10 years bitcoin price will be 300000-500000 dollar that time we realize we were really early adaptors.
coinexplorer1

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:23:41 AM

What's even the time when it started gaining popularity? And if it all started in 2011 but not many people were involved can't it be argued that even now people starting to get into blockchain and crypto are early adopters... Not that many years as passed, but now it's highly popular, yet the majority still can't get their head around the topic.
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:26:50 AM

I think that yes, because now we see how cryptocurrency technologies open up new opportunities and we can cognize and learn them and use them for our own needs. For example, I have been in this field for a very long time, but I seriously began to practice cryptocurrency only a couple of years ago. Until the cryptocurrency comes to the maximum level, if cryptocurrency has such a level, then up to this point we will all be early adopters.
Game-c-hanger

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:08:10 PM

Truth: We are still in early adoption phase

But in reality 'Only time can tell'
pixelvault

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:32:47 PM

I'm glad to know your opinions about that...

Try to image 10 years from now...It will be comparable with 2009 "early adopters"?

yes, now imagine the whole world using bitcoin in the future.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:19:45 PM

Hello, yes we are still very early. The roads are still being build. Its is even up to debate which roads we are building. a lot of people experiment in a lot of different directions
So exciting

Cheers
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:28:43 PM

If you have to ask then you’re not an early adopter.

I'm not completely agree...

Probalby people in 2011 asked the same question

Come on dude, seriously? None of us in 2011 asked if we were early adopters because we knew we were. We were the ones brainstorming trying to figure out how to get people to adopt bitcoin. I’m an early adopter. I mined with a cpu, but made most of my coin mining with cheap video cards and was earning whole bitcoins. Today mining for individuals is all but dead. When individuals do mine they need to buy expensive specialized equipment and earn micro fractions of a bitcoin.

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:26:18 PM

Yes we are still among the early adopter's of bitcoin and cryptocurrency,  since we are still among the first percentage of the world that have hard and using cryptocurrency to carry out transactions and payments. We should consider our self's as the real benefactors of bitcoin because we are at advantage compared to those who will come into it when the price might have gone high.
flametoken
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:09:23 PM

You could make an analogy with the computer. They appeared in the 60-70, but they only became mainstream after the dot com bubble. It took them 30 years to take the world by storm and now they are mostly ubiquitous. I think it's a similar story with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. It will take another 10-20 years for the technology to mature and become easy to use. So yeah, we are still in the early adoption phase.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:18:15 PM

As at this time,  we are a decade into bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I will say yes we are still early adopters but adopters to me is in stages because some people got to know bitcoin at 2$ and even below or higher.  Adoption is a matter of occurence, circumstance,  and personal believe with research.  So yes we are still early adopters. 
N-DEE

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:03:37 PM

I think we're early adopters for sure!
Next step would be "early majority" but up to now only a few % owns coins - that's a minority!

Good times ahead !

fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:31:53 PM

Everybody can be early adopters. The true early adopters are those who have bought and kept their BTC at a very cheap price. Is $5k-6k range of BTC price cheap for you? If you would consider the future value, it does not exist yet and nobody knows what it brings. All we can do is buy it, keep it, forget about it for the longest time, wait for the shocking news when BTC hits the mainstream news.
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:13:19 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2018, 09:19:31 AM by jack1111

Try to image 10 years from now...It will be comparable with 2009 "early adopters"?
I think Crypto even has not joined the real adoption phase, because adoption means much more users than we see now, and the use cases of Crypto are limited only to speculation and payments, so to get adoption, we need more valid products. Financially, The market cap of all Crypto currencies is still very low in comparision with other assets, that means the potential growth is high considering the overwhelming interest in Crypto assets investments.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:00:10 PM

i will say we are early adopters as bitcoin is still young and not much persons compared to the total population of the world has adopted the use of bitcoin and blockchain.
Ponti

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:10:08 PM

Grin Grin Grin
That’s a really nice one! But if to talk seriously I am sure there are left ones, especially the ones that did not buy their pizza for 20000 BTC Smiley Truly thinking a lot of BTCs were found in old pcs and on old HDDs.

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:28:04 PM

i will say we are early adopters as bitcoin is still young and not much persons compared to the total population of the world has adopted the use of bitcoin and blockchain.

Of course, we are still very young persons in here (independently from our age) but i think that this is still pretty new.

Remember than when Gold started to be something "new" only the believers were the ones that got in early, and all the others thought that it wasn't something valuable (more than thousands of years ago)

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:13:33 AM

I don't think that we can call ourselves "Early adopters". Right now there are more than 100 million users of the crypto-currency and this number represents close to 2% of those who use fiat currency. Bitcoin is no longer some unknown digital product. Most of the computer literate individuals have heard about it.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

For me yes! The cryptocurrency market is not yet popular all over the world! I am really sure that we can considered ourselves as early adopters. There are many opportunities and advantages that we can get because in making investment at early stage.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: