Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:37:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop emails from nanopool.org: "XMR: Your workers has gone offline"  (Read 208 times)
dd2017 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:24:45 PM

I've recently switched my XMR (Monero) CPU miner from Claymore to XMR-stak. I've been mining with nanopool-dot-org. Since then I started receiving a lot of the following messages:

That reads:

Subject: XMR: Your workers "<worker>" has gone offline

Your worker "<worker>" has gone offline.
To check worker`s status follow this link:
http://xmr.nanopool.org/account/<wallet>/<worker>

Best regards
http://xmr.nanopool.org

This is an automated e-mail. Do not reply.

Note that I don't see any visible issues with the miner itself.

I clicked on the link in that message and it simply takes me to the graph and stats for my miner. There's nowhere I can see where I can cancel those emails.

Is there a way to stop these messages?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:12:46 AM

I've recently switched my XMR (Monero) CPU miner from Claymore to XMR-stak. I've been mining with nanopool-dot-org. Since then I started receiving a lot of the following messages:

That reads:

Subject: XMR: Your workers "<worker>" has gone offline

Your worker "<worker>" has gone offline.
To check worker`s status follow this link:
http://xmr.nanopool.org/account/<wallet>/<worker>

Best regards
http://xmr.nanopool.org

This is an automated e-mail. Do not reply.

Note that I don't see any visible issues with the miner itself.

I clicked on the link in that message and it simply takes me to the graph and stats for my miner. There's nowhere I can see where I can cancel those emails.

Is there a way to stop these messages?

In the page of your miner Status there is button "Settings" beside JSON Data, Click the settings

in the settings page, you may now update your and delete the configured email address

if it doesn't work you may contact and email them at xmr@nanopool.org

dd2017 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:22:34 AM

Thanks. But that's what I'm getting when I click settings. Where do I delete the email?

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:43:22 AM

you may want to enter incorrect email to change it  Wink
Matthew_Nanopool

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 12:49:25 PM

The thing is that Nanopool is optimized for multi GPU/CPU RIGs, that means while mining with a single GPU/CPU or low-efficient one,
you'll receive a false-positive notification each time your miner does not manage to send a valid share to the pool for 20 minutes.

If this is the case, you can simply replace your email in the miner configuration with a passphrase that will be your new password for your account settings.

I hope this helps!
dd2017 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:15:02 PM

The thing is that Nanopool is optimized for multi GPU/CPU RIGs, that means while mining with a single GPU/CPU or low-efficient one,
you'll receive a false-positive notification each time your miner does not manage to send a valid share to the pool for 20 minutes.

If this is the case, you can simply replace your email in the miner configuration with a passphrase that will be your new password for your account settings.

I hope this helps!

Thanks. I got it now. The email was in my command line that I supplied for the miner. I wish they explained it in a more clear form on the website.
Matthew_Nanopool

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 10:12:38 AM

I hope this helps!

Thanks. I got it now. The email was in my command line that I supplied for the miner. I wish they explained it in a more clear form on the website.

That is right. I can assure they are working on many improvements now. And one of them is a new, clear FAQ section. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: