Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:05:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL - The benefits of hodling cryptocurrencies  (Read 834 times)
jjeeppeerrxx (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:08:30 AM

Do you believed that staying strong will reap the biggest rewards. Full-time trader Smith – a.k.a. jaynemesis on eToro – describes his trading style as “fundamentals, future and HODLing”.

As we all know the cryptocurrency is unpredictable, not only crypto but any other traditional businesses such as Apple and Amazon. The history of the original founders who sold their shares for a small value gives regret after a couple of years and I believed you experienced selling crypto due to present market struggle and felt regret after seeing the tokens you had sold increases the value rapidly. Am I making sense? Hodling has huge benefits in the future.

Are you still on HODL?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:13:31 AM

i think and i believe so, but i suggest to hold only that money that you can afford or you can hold for at least 5 years. otherwise you will sell it in between than there will be no such profit that you are expecting. i am hodler and i will keep it hodl at least for 2 to 3 years.
Sissebrahima

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:31:40 PM

It’s not a good mood for long-term investment. Today's market stability is good. But I would not risk it and wait for certain signals that show the real state of the rising market.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:36:07 PM

HODL has huge benefits no doubts about that ,I keep the ones that I feel like its worth the wait because not all coins deserve to be HODL for long ,they might not survive for that long

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
veter2601

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:41:49 PM

Long-term trading or investing is a priority for me kind of earnings on the cryptocurrency market. For short-term trading my knowledge and experience at the moment is not enough to get profit and avoid losses in their investment. Often in General account for a single time period long term investments will yield a profit of not less than short-term trade over the same period .
aimata27

Activity: 531
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:44:43 PM

Do you believed that staying strong will reap the biggest rewards. Full-time trader Smith – a.k.a. jaynemesis on eToro – describes his trading style as “fundamentals, future and HODLing”.

As we all know the cryptocurrency is unpredictable, not only crypto but any other traditional businesses such as Apple and Amazon. The history of the original founders who sold their shares for a small value gives regret after a couple of years and I believed you experienced selling crypto due to present market struggle and felt regret after seeing the tokens you had sold increases the value rapidly. Am I making sense? Hodling has huge benefits in the future.

Are you still on HODL?

Well yes, my altcoins now are still on hold. I'll just hold them until their price rises high. And also now is the good time to buy more altcoins then hold it for long term so I'm taking advantage of the prices of some promising altcoins that I'm sure that will go high again.
MP_SI
Copper Member

Activity: 70

Tell the truth – or, at least, don't lie!

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:03:06 PM

Yes I believe HODL is the way to go for majority of crypto investors - because most of the time we make stupid decisions that makes us lose the money. If all the time I would just HODL would have more crypto than now that I tried to predict - and I cant even predict when will I have to go peeing Smiley
messito

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:06:37 PM

Yes, I am still a long-term investor and I believe that this is an idential right in such a volatile market for inexperienced investors. Wink

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:09:24 PM

Are you still on HODL?
As much as I want to, I'll keep on holding until a new ATH is recorded but there are inevitable situations that hinders us to hold 'tilthe end. A small part of my portfolio was sold in a bear market. It's painful but I must do it that time. Indeed, lucky are those who keep on holding even until now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
liam111

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:24:14 PM

Are you still on HODL?
Hello mate! Yes, i still hold my crypto from 2018. My investment portfolio is consisted of Ethereum, Ark, Omise and of course BTC! I believe that all these coins will achieve a great success in future!
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:36:00 PM

Of course, hodl is a good strategy, and long-term investments are more likely to generate better profits, and in the long run the market will definitely be able to recover at a higher price.

MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:36:08 PM

"Buying and Holding" is the best strategy at the moment, when market is being green soon.
Special, security tokens will allow you to earn profit from companies in future, you should hold them ti the die.
ORC token is one of new trend - security token. You should invest in this project: https://organicco.uk
Agapelove

Activity: 425

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:40:47 PM

Less stress is one of the benefits of holding cryptocurrency. You don't just need to be emotional and tired of thinking what might happen. Just think positive about the market and believing that it will rise.
Tosin12

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 02:42:21 PM

The best strategy in this crypto business is long term investment which is also the best way to go even in other conventional investment, those that can hold their investment for a long term always be the ones dominating the business with largest share because they hold on to what they have and has yielded over the years, the benefit of holding cryptocurrency is exponential gain
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:42:40 PM

I'm a HODL guy. Nobody can understand our purpose, I guess. The strategy of those who are HODL like me is clear. We buy the future of krypton. The most important thing is examining the project. HODL does not make sense for each project. Anyone who knows the coin that has the potential to profit in the future can understand HODL.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:47:08 PM

There are coins to hold, dump and there are some that you need to trade to accumulate the coins. I do hold some of mine especially when I don't know when the team are going to tweet something that is coming as release of sidechain or the news of the awaiting smartcontract. If they do this is when you see the price goes up. Hodling in the long run would be great if the team are also working to release a project that can give solutions.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:55:06 PM

Of course, hodl is a good strategy, and long-term investments are more likely to generate better profits, and in the long run the market will definitely be able to recover at a higher price.

You are right, holding coins in this market situation is best option. The market is very bad right now if you hold then you can get good profit. I strongly believe the market will turn green in couple of days.
bitbabba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:57:03 PM

I can explain why i hodl in the first place, i had an bounty earned token, when it first hits to exchanges its value is 100 usd, but i waited. after 2 months the price is 400 usd and now its price is 700 usd.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Airelves09

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

I want to say one thing. If you have been holding altcoins and tokens till now. Then you will lose more than 90% of your capital. Because this year has been in a bear market. Your profits have shrunk or even lost. Do you still hold this situation? Though I want to be a holder. But the reality is very cruel. I will restructure the portfolio according to circumstances.

Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:37:50 PM

You are right, holding coins in this market situation is best option. The market is very bad right now if you hold then you can get good profit. I strongly believe the market will turn green in couple of days.
It's the best time to buy and not to hold your coin. But if you been missing the last pump of bitcoin and then it could become the best choice right now and then just hodl it. we still have a lot of chance to get the golden time in the cryptocurrency dude. we will try to do that.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄