Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:22:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL - The benefits of hodling cryptocurrencies  (Read 834 times)
Tarion

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:19:40 AM

Yes, I am still hodling and believe that one day the Bitcoin price will reach 100k USD. Long term investment is not easy, but in the theory it is the most profitable art of investing. Short term is more risky and could lead to the deposit decease.
dubynin.ilya

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:22:17 AM

Of course, the long-term storage, it is one of the most profitable strategies, but as you mentioned there are more risks as it is not clear yet what will be waiting for the cryptocurrency in the future. Therefore, I propose to develop in the trade and also use short-term investments.
shadow.bishop

Activity: 105
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:25:45 AM

Yes, I am still hodling and believe that one day the Bitcoin price will reach 100k USD. Long term investment is not easy, but in the theory it is the most profitable art of investing. Short term is more risky and could lead to the deposit decease.
My friend lets say btc will reach 100k. If we think you invest btc from 6k, it means in the future you have 16,6x. On the other hand can you imagine when the btc will 100k, how many x made by the great project altcoins? I guess min 1000x. You can see some altcoins made it the last bull market, just last year, even btc was 20k. My suggestion invest wisely, find good project and buy them instead of btc.
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 11:30:02 AM

I think many of the crypto enthusiast here has already experienced the good benefits of hodling coins, but for me hodling is a two way system, you can earn profit for future investments, you can also gain no profit because prices may also not increase.
Kekkins87

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:54:25 AM

the problem is to find the new coin that can do a big % of price grow...we must look for coins that are not ico or bounty but people are too stupid for this....I regret I did not get bought coins like litecoin,vertcoin or viacoin when they were very very low in 2015...there is a good dose of luck of course, but you must always do your own researches...for example watch Elicoin in livecoinwatch , is not an ICO or bounty... it's a coin with low mc, low supply, PoW whit cpu, no premine, active dev...only trading it on CREX24 for now...do you own researches in the thread in bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3028302.0... people are too stupid for DYOR and got scammed by ICO or bounty...just my 2 cents...hope it helps...cheers
firaituaku

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:35:36 PM

for now, holding back is a good strategy to avoid losing too much. but I think there are only a few coins that can be held for the long term, so you really have to monitor market conditions.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
mariah.sadio

Activity: 573
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:41:41 PM

Agree. HODLing cryptocurrency really has great and many benefits. The concept of hodling crypto is buy crypto then wait for value of the crypto to increase. It is just like investing money that you can afford to lose because it is just like gambling your money for good. You do not have choice but to wait for your investment to gain profits.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE 
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:45:13 PM

I still HODL my cryptos, I believe that someday the market will increase and hopefully in the month of December is the key to start increasing in the market and will continue to increase in the next year.
Don't just look forward until December, the crypto market can grow more than what you are expecting.

If you are familiar with the words on the web about internet during early days. People aren't believing on it that its going to be one of the biggest need by the world. And now look on how far the internet is, we need it we our daily living and we're on that day now where internet isn't recognized yet and being judged wrongly.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:49:46 PM

A lot of people just think they HODL... If you store your funds on an exchange you are not hodling anything. If you don't have the private keys, you can lose money any time, like many people had. How many people keep their crypto on coinbase or binance and just wait to lose it? This is not hodling. The very point of bitcoin was to make banks obsolete, and people now use exchanges as banks - letting someone else take control of your money.

The same goes for people who store their crypto in closed source wallets. How can you be sure what happens to your private keys if the application is not open source? Again you are trusting people you don't even know with your financial security - this is not hodling. Only if you own private keys and use a fully open source wallet (like Electrum for bitcoin or HODLER for storing multiple coins and tokens) you truly HODL and can be sure of long term security of your funds.

This is what truly Hodling means- being sure that all funds you store is all under your control and no trusted party is need to take over the funds. Exchanges and banks should no longer be needed, Coin holders should have full control over their fund and they should also  have the access to view public code and see potential vulnerability so it can be easily fixed. Hodler wallets fits the need of every holders, it is multi asset storage and also open source which other Waller could not be offered.
viva95

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:49:56 PM

Sometimes hold of crypto has no one benefit and can make you to lost a part of fund. Crypto is unpredictable indeed and holding is a big risk but as we know risk can bring a lot of money. So it's up to you
zk-SNARK

Activity: 168

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:51:52 PM

Yes i am still holding and i really believe holding. I think the most important things is you need to find a really promising project
and after that you need to hold their tokens until next bullrun or until according to their roadmap milestones.  Short term people surely can earn
some money from coins but if you want to earn big amount of money people need to choose holding. They have to support that space if you want to earn money.
If everyone start to flip everything market get rekts surely.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Colan Zolo

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:58:08 PM

Indeed, defending will find a bright spot of luck, so that we can take good opportunities at certain times.
Hold can make the coin more potential and have a high value.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:01:19 PM

I believe that hodling has a lot benefits as long as you hold your possessions tight and your only focus is longterm. Apple and Amazon are great example of successful companies which build from scratch at first no one believes until they have proven enough and reach the pinnacle of success. In crypto what were about to hold must have real product and value and not just a fad or driven by hype other your holding a garbage.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:14:22 PM

Now it only remains to keep tokens. Nobody wants to sell at a very low price, so we will only keep, well, if possible, buy.
JeffreyBasil

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:45:13 PM

Do you believed that staying strong will reap the biggest rewards. Full-time trader Smith – a.k.a. jaynemesis on eToro – describes his trading style as “fundamentals, future and HODLing”.

As we all know the cryptocurrency is unpredictable, not only crypto but any other traditional businesses such as Apple and Amazon. The history of the original founders who sold their shares for a small value gives regret after a couple of years and I believed you experienced selling crypto due to present market struggle and felt regret after seeing the tokens you had sold increases the value rapidly. Am I making sense? Hodling has huge benefits in the future.

Are you still on HODL?
The benefits of holding are simple guys. You see coins like Paragon, Stellar and Cardano are really good for investments and earnings. Keep storing them right now.
zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:51:34 PM

If you pay attention to a long-term or medium-term HODL, then you will see that in general it is a very profitable business, of course, if you bought a BTC for $ 20,000, then today’s definitely not your time, it will come in 2 or 3 years, maybe earlier, but I’m not I think it will be better soon.
Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:49:18 PM

Long-term investments have lost their attractiveness over the past year. Unfortunately, many investors left the crypto market. Many did not show restraint and patience. They can not be blamed for the fall of the market. Now the main thing is that the market will attract these investors back.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 08:44:23 AM

I have been in the crypto world for 1 year. And I have never had such a thing that I sold altcoins and after a while they increased in price. It was always the case that they fell even more in price. Therefore, I do not like to hold.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:37:28 PM

Yes, I still keep my coins, because cryptocurrencies came to the market not for one day.
organelles

Activity: 350

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:57:57 AM

For me the benefits of holding the coins is the fact that I do not have to worry about catching the coins at a good price like you have to do with trading, I just set a price target for the coins and wait for it to hit that price and once it does then I sell and take out my profit, very easy and I don't have to do a lot, all I have to do is just be patient

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: