Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:48:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is KYC For Bounty Hunters Good? Lets Share Our Views!  (Read 2162 times)
Masatos

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:12:50 PM

I am against this check because you send your data to completely anonymous people who can then do anything with them

█████████████████████ SWINCA █████████████████████
Real-Estate Finance Revolution: BUY SWI
https://www.swinca.io/
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:13:02 PM

The best way is to limit the participants, as long as the bounty hunters can deliver what is needed they don't have to go through KYC I only do KYC to project that I believe has a good potential in the market and where the company is compliant, I have read a lot of reports of ICO going away after the ICO.

xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 10:14:12 PM

That is, I strongly agree if KYC is used to reduce the existence of multiple accounts. But the implementation must be planned so that the allocations provided for honest and fully supportive bounty hunters can get paid accordingly, there are no wasted tokens or coins that either later belongs to them.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:15:43 PM

I think the KYC has no place for bounties. The reason why KYC is demanded from ICO investors is for prevention of money laundering. You don't have such need for bounties.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:23:27 PM

It now seems that so many people are now conscious of kyc. Well, i think we are now tending towards that time, where every project would be demanding for kyc from their participant. Well, it is a good approach, but everyone should do their research, to ensure that the project is not scam.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:26:35 PM

I agree with the need for KYC for bounty, but should only be applied to bounty hunter who earn a token number worth over $ 1,000. And the bounty hunter earn less, it should not because it will take time for the project team as well as bounty hunter
timberfox

Activity: 162
Merit: 11

^_^10 years BCT^_^

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 05:55:47 PM

I don't see any reasons why KYC for bounty hunters may be good.  I mean, I understand why KYC is needed for investors.
It can help to protect them and a project. Some projects are needed it for legal norms.
But for bounty hunters. If I see KYC in bounty. No matter at the begining or end of project. I will leave from them.
sends1

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 06:07:49 PM

bounty hunters should not need to do kyc because it is not an investor but it is very good idea to reduce cheating such as using someone's account and using more than one account so cheating can be overcome
Lindell

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 06:18:40 PM

I think KYC for bounty hunters is not good because there is a possibility to use our personal information for scam. It's really unjust when it happens after stealing your tokens you are supposed to receive then follow your personal details? We may lose our dignity. For me it is only fair to ask KYC if every bounty hunter will receive $ 200 usd and above. KYC must first implement to the project team and bounty managers. Its hard to support  bounty campaign asking for KYC unless for a good reason.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:24:04 PM

In recent times there has been several ICOs introducing KYC for bounty hunters, and that has made many Bounty hunters to feel bad.

I would like to share my opinion over this issue. I never see KYC as a bad idea, KYC will actually reduce scammers from using multiple accounts for one bounty and that will also give the genuine hunters the space to earn more in their bounty hunting.

The place I have issues with ICO projects running bounty programs is the idea of some projects that introduce KYC at the end of the bounty program which I really feel it should not be so. It is the same thing as those who used multiple accounts during the bounty because it will still reduce the amount the genuine hunters will earn.
If KYC should be introduced at the end of bounty, the left over coins/token should be distributed among the genuine hunters otherwise I see it as the same scam to the genuine bounty hunters:

Anyway, this is my own view, If you have a contrary view, please share it. I would like to know more also.

That is true, there are a lot of bounty cheaters that are joining with multiple accounts. That is why some ICOs have their KYC for bounty hunters. However, I think this should be announced at the beginning of the bounty, not after the bounty. Because sometimes they use KYC to delay the distribution.
alexsoul

Activity: 182

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:27:58 PM

In my opinion KYC does not guarantee bounty hunters absolutely nothing. This is a fairly simple procedure and you willingly agree to it, you think that this is done in order not to break the law and clean the project from scams. But if the project turns out to be a fraud, your data can be used by fraudsters for personal purposes or sold to third parties.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:17:28 PM

There is actually no legal requirement that makes companies require KYC from bounty hunters. The reason that they do it is to prevent people signing up to the bounty campaign through multiple identities. It would be nice if there was one centralised platform for doing KYC that could verify that you are a unique user so you don't have to do KYC for each project.

Cianix

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:52:49 PM

I am against this check because you send your data to completely anonymous people who can then do anything with them
There is projects with kyc and there is and without him , I think that if you not likes kyc the you can not fulfill these bounty, but for me in the last time this adds only + in project because that number of people much less is participating

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:59:29 PM

I have nothing against KYC, only if it helps in the fight against fraudsters. And I also understand that the bounty hunters, who have to give their personal data, do not like this very much.
Karlblaise1

Activity: 131

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:01:01 PM

Asking bounty hunters to observe the KYC obligations is just like engaging a marketing agency to help market your product, and subject them to series of tasks before paying them their money.

I believe Cryptocurrency community is still evolving; but i foresee a future where bounty hunters gets paid on the shortlist of their work.

KYC for bounty hunters is purely a delay tactics in making payment.
That should be limited to the investors.

ON THE OTHER HAND
The reason can be security conscious; to help in tracking stolen coins. But that doesn't imply that bounty hunters should be subjected to that else; pay them in USD, Ether, BTC or other currencies.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
yescrypto

Activity: 319

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:39:29 PM

Like you already made mention of the issue we all have with kyc stuff, I still don't get the point of introducing kyc later in a bounty project and not stated earlier so it can all be trusted this what they need. The problem someone like me have most is that we don't have most what they approve for kyc is either denied or on review for as long as.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:41:44 PM

Like you already made mention of the issue we all have with kyc stuff, I still don't get the point of introducing kyc later in a bounty project and not stated earlier so it can all be trusted this what they need. The problem someone like me have most is that we don't have most what they approve for kyc is either denied or on review for as long as.
If they stated that they need KYC for verification people will get less interest and lower publication. Most of the ICO are doing that way, there's rarely people that giving away KYC for merely few dollars and that is the very reason of why they are trying to hide the fact, also with KYC there'll be always unclaimed coin.
veekky

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:42:17 PM

To my mind it is ok sharing your data, but if you don't want to do that,then skip bounty or buy fake documents. In dark net it is not a problem
CleverOracle

Activity: 549
Merit: 100

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:05:13 PM

To my mind it is ok sharing your data, but if you don't want to do that,then skip bounty or buy fake documents. In dark net it is not a problem

From what I understand on OP's post some of the ICO required KYC at the end of campaign which is not totally cool although they have the authority to change the rules anytime but if it comes with the issue of KYC then they should tell it from the start so bounty hunters will have time decide whether to join or not on that particular bounty campaign.

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:10:17 PM

In recent times there has been several ICOs introducing KYC for bounty hunters, and that has made many Bounty hunters to feel bad.

I would like to share my opinion over this issue. I never see KYC as a bad idea, KYC will actually reduce scammers from using multiple accounts for one bounty and that will also give the genuine hunters the space to earn more in their bounty hunting.

The place I have issues with ICO projects running bounty programs is the idea of some projects that introduce KYC at the end of the bounty program which I really feel it should not be so. It is the same thing as those who used multiple accounts during the bounty because it will still reduce the amount the genuine hunters will earn.
If KYC should be introduced at the end of bounty, the left over coins/token should be distributed among the genuine hunters otherwise I see it as the same scam to the genuine bounty hunters:

Anyway, this is my own view, If you have a contrary view, please share it. I would like to know more also.

ICOs are implementing KYC rules not because of their bad mood or just because they want to let us feel sad. They have to do this, they are forced by regulators, don't you understand? If there were no such rules for them, they would never make people go through KYC.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████