Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new bounty scam  (Read 890 times)
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:14:13 AM

This project is not a scam in my opinion. I think that for the team to ask fora KYC makes this project more legitimate for me. The timing on the asking of KYC is the one that frustrates bounty hunters. The trend now is that ICO will ask for KYC to bounty hunters after the campaign maybe because they want to catch cheaters off guard and lessen the distributed bounties.
thesosorr

Activity: 691
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:24:26 AM

I give this view does not mean that I am siding with one party. But more to the experience I have experienced. There were several bounty projects that I participated in, KYC participants were not needed initially, but towards the end of the project, the bounty participants also had to send KYC (identity). Many think that such a thing is normal because on the basis of the request of the party who will pay. But, more clearly, we don't know it.
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:28:22 AM

KYC for bounty hunters is only to ensure that the participants do not commit fraud and really follow the bounty rule. And in my opinion it is natural,because now a lot of people play multi accounts

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:37:55 AM

currently kyc is indeed a necessity for several projects, because currently there are many who try to cheat by entering multiple accounts in one project.
so i think it's normal for them to ask the bounty participants to fill the kyc.

indeed it will be very scary if we get caught up in the wrong project, it's good that we have to check their project first.
if their project is good and their team can be trusted, there is no harm in filling in kyc.

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:19:40 PM

GOLDMA started their bounty campaign in April, and then 1 week before the end (in October) they said they require full KYC meaning:

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Is there any ICO requiring such information from bounty hunters?!
Yes, there were many ICO that required the same exact information as stated above. I did kyc to a few proj and had gave same exact information. 😁
I had joined goldma too at start of the campaign but I got busy with my daily job thus I did not had enough time to read the WP and could not make 3 tweet per week. I got no choice but to dropped the campaign.

To me this is a SCAM to get private details and sell on dark markets. Imagine what they can do with such information! I have never seen anything like this, be careful of these scammers from GOLDMA.
I don't think Goldma proj is a scam. If you are really concern about your personal information. Then it's better for you not to do KYC.

Has anyone experienced something similar from other bounty?
Yes, I had first hand experienced of something similar from a few bounties. I did kyc to projects that I thought worth it. Each of us has a choice.

*edit* It stated first that NO KYC REQUIRED FOR BOUNTY, this changed 1 week before the end
KYC for bounties is a norm nowadays. We could not do anything about it. They have to abide the laws.

rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:25:07 PM

Well as many people already replied that KYC is not that things which proves that project is scam. KYC is good things and almost every ico do now days. For bounty participants some ico also want to do KYC. It's not important but if they do its ok. For scam project something need to research like members, white paper and website design etc. Also the team members how much they connected with their community. Transparency is the most important thing in any project. If you find lack of transparency then somthing is bad. So this things consider if the project is scam or not.
soramon

Activity: 983

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:26:49 PM

I think KYC on bounty hunter is a common thing nowadays. But i didnt like KYC at all because i have no idea the give information used for. Just do it bro the rules changing doesnt mean the project scam. No other choice to claim our reward without pass KYC.

JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 12:30:43 PM

GOLDMA started their bounty campaign in April, and then 1 week before the end (in October) they said they require full KYC meaning:

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Is there any ICO requiring such information from bounty hunters?! To me this is a SCAM to get private details and sell on dark markets. Imagine what they can do with such information! I have never seen anything like this, be careful of these scammers from GOLDMA.

*edit* It stated first that NO KYC REQUIRED FOR BOUNTY, this changed 1 week before the end
KYC Requirement is almost like a thing now.
Some projects do what you have said, a last minute KYC requirement.
I think its for them to eliminate fraud in some sort.
But still it really depends on the project owners.
It doesnt make them scam, but they have their reasons.
Mabinat

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:32:29 PM

many bounty projects require this. You either fulfill their requirements and expect to receive tokens or you do not start participating in bounty campaigns at all. everything is very simple

betform [/ i] ▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
https://www.betformcoin.io/
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:33:55 PM

KYC for bounty hunters is a common thing now. This is not a sign of a scam, moreover, many of the ICO warned about this in advance.

You did not read the whole post it says they change it and now required that bounty hunters do a KYC, some bounty hunters do not participate on bounty campaign that requires a KYC and changing the rules at the last minute only proves that they do not want to pay their bounty hunters.
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:37:25 PM

It is a regular thing that the bounty hunters need to pass the KYC process. It helps to protect any projects, from different art of scammers, that are using multi accounts to prove their identity. On the other hand, you never know, what they are going to do with this information. But it is not a scam.
andohyeb

Activity: 287

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:37:46 PM

I don't really think this is a scam , any bounty that demand KYC from main crowdsale participants are likely to also do kyc at the end despite the fact that they say from the beginning that no KYC for bounty participants. Sometime the rules can change and this is part of the rules.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:42:36 PM

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Is there any ICO requiring such information from bounty hunters?! To me this is a SCAM to get private details and sell on dark markets. Imagine what they can do with such information! I have never seen anything like this, be careful of these scammers from GOLDMA.

It is scam now? They didnt scam someone for now. Bounty manager needs to collect KYC from bounty hunters because GOLDMA team changed their opinion about bounty KYC.
If they do not pay after KYC - then it is a scam.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:42:46 PM

Most ico make use of this new strategy, though i can't fathom reasons why most new projects think asking kyc  at end of project is the best thing, stating all terms and conditions at commencement of bounty campaign look professional, whoever wants to participate also whoever not happy with it will look elsewhere.
acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:55:39 PM

In my opinion, you are cluttering the forum, many topics have already been created on it in which people post scam bounty, you could use this, but you decided to create another useless topic.

Or at least use this forum section.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
coinsycrip09

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:57:06 PM

almost all projects are currently asking for charging kyc,
if their project is good and their team can be trusted, it won't be a problem for me to follow their rules. because that is also to reduce fraud that will harm us.

i hope, scary events like fraud and selling our data will not happen.
troiano9

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:57:46 PM

Tons of ICOs need KYC now.  More common they do then they dont
cryptosmoker

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:00:17 PM

Yeah, actually the team should tell first if the project needs KYC so the bounty hunter will not be surprised and feel cheated. I think KYC is not a sign of a scam but in this case, the problem is the team didn't tell at the first but 1 week before the end of the project.
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:01:25 PM

KYC procedure for bounty hunters is becoming an ordinary thing nowadays.
But it is a good sign when the team warns about this beforehand at the start of campaign.
And also introducing KYC closely to the end of campaign is not the 100% sign of the scam, may be some legal issues got in the way or it could be means of deleting bots and bot accounts or just to grab the tokens of those people who do not want to pass KYC or simply forget about it.
JayCue

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:02:24 PM

Not new to me. But most bounties that I joined have already indicated it on the bounty thread whether they require KYC or not.

⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: