Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:58:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new bounty scam  (Read 891 times)
firaituaku

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:53:49 PM

I already know a lot about bounty campaigns that require KYC, so you don't have to worry about fraud. KYC is needed to avoid the number of fake accounts, or one person who has many accounts.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
bxipp

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:18:03 PM

GOLDMA started their bounty campaign in April, and then 1 week before the end (in October) they said they require full KYC meaning:

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Is there any ICO requiring such information from bounty hunters?! To me this is a SCAM to get private details and sell on dark markets. Imagine what they can do with such information! I have never seen anything like this, be careful of these scammers from GOLDMA.

Has anyone experienced something similar from other bounty?

*edit* It stated first that NO KYC REQUIRED FOR BOUNTY, this changed 1 week before the end

You have no proved at all and can be tagged for a false alarm about creating fud to the project. You make a new account just to say a bad thing about the project that you mad on. What a way bro.
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:24:17 PM

I see KYC with the bounty is normal. You should not be so suspicious. There are some reasons that the project suddenly forced members to do KYC, and this is quite normal with current ICO projects. And you should not have such negative thoughts, please do KYC to get Token.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 11:39:15 AM

I see KYC with the bounty is normal. You should not be so suspicious. There are some reasons that the project suddenly forced members to do KYC, and this is quite normal with current ICO projects. And you should not have such negative thoughts, please do KYC to get Token.

Why people against to pass KYC for bounty campaigns? Because know your customer (KYC) is only for ICO investors not for bounty hunters. There are possibility that our identity/ personal information can be used for illegal, I know there some reasons why bounty projects needs kyc, like to avoid scam, cheaters or multiple accounts in campaign.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 12:00:33 PM

I think that not only GoldMA is implementing KYC like that, many of the bounty projects that I follow require KYC
Complete KYC, like GoldMA, was previously in the Multiversum project
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:33:53 PM

KYC for bounty hunters is a common thing now. This is not a sign of a scam, moreover, many of the ICO warned about this in advance.
Yes, the existence and absence of KYC in a bounty is not a guarantee that the bounty will be successful or a scam, because KYC has no effect on the legality or not of an ICO.
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:38:49 PM

GOLDMA started their bounty campaign in April, and then 1 week before the end (in October) they said they require full KYC meaning:

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Is there any ICO requiring such information from bounty hunters?! To me this is a SCAM to get private details and sell on dark markets. Imagine what they can do with such information! I have never seen anything like this, be careful of these scammers from GOLDMA.

*edit* It stated first that NO KYC REQUIRED FOR BOUNTY, this changed 1 week before the end

Bounty rules can be changed anytime by the project team or the bounty manager. Possible reason is to help fight scammers or farmers. Anyone could pretend to be the bounty hunter out there and receives the tokens/coin for using someone elses account or alternate account. I would actually prefer KYC bounties because this will also help who really deserves to be rewarded. You also have a point that they may sell your information if that really is their intention behind the KYC requirement. It's all up to you to decide if you will submit or not. You can research more about the project and team so you will be convince if they're really legitimate.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

Do you join the telgrm community. How is the discussion there. You will read a lot of information there.
sarfield

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:44:27 PM

KYC is often asked and needed after the project is finished, so this is common not new. If you want to get a reward, you should just follow the rules, but if you don't want a reward, you don't need KYC verification. OP seems to be a newbie but has made news that he doesn't fully understand.

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
[/center]
Bitknick

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:54:17 PM

This is not surprising, because lately very often they have started asking KYC for bounty hunters!
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:20:45 PM

Well, I've joined one of the project in this forum and it took quite long time to get into an ICO, till now the ICO's still not going yet. Then the rules has came for the KYC system, it was really confussing before till I found out a lot of thread which explained and talk about the KYC system. So, what I meant is the KYC is one of the common thing in the bounty project nowadays.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:24:38 PM

Those conditions that the OP has listed are the common ones when participating in the ICOs. And more and more serious projects will adopt those when doing rewards campaigns as it is better to possess those information if the regulatory standards change etc, so get used to it. But yes, its on them if they primarily claimed that the KYC is not necessary and then they changed their minds. But what is your option in this situation? Protest and dont do the KYC even if that means not getting your reward.  
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:45:45 PM

Kyc is no scam ,infact with KYC I believe it will help projects alot because some cheaters uses many accounts to cheat a bounty program so with KYC know will reduce cheating ,its for our own good but some won't like it because of privacy
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

This is not surprising, because lately very often they have started asking KYC for bounty hunters!

Yeah I see most of the bounty projects here in crypto have started asking KYC, why? Of course there's a reason why bounty hunter like me, need to pass KYC for the bounty rewards, because there's a lot of members here is cheaters, greedy people like using multiple accounts. For me it's a good idea to pass KYC for bounty hunter and ICO investors.
Jamboo30

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:46:12 PM

It is normal for bounty managers to request KYC for participants, or for many projects. So that's not a sign of Scam. You should do KYC on request and wait to see if the reward is paid according to plan. If rewards are not paid in time, then the scam can be said. Good luck to you

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:10:15 AM

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Now your reminder, generally do not need KYC for bounty activities, unless it is a scam project, deliberately steal your personal information.
siena23

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 03:24:07 AM

If you say a project that requires a KYC scam might be wrong. Because now there are many bounties that require participants to KYC. And that's all there is a risk. But I think the Goldma project did make a mistake at the beginning of the bounty, they said or wrote NO KYC REQUIRED FOR BOUNTY. I think it's like stealing.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:34:38 AM

KYC for bounty hunters is a common thing now. This is not a sign of a scam, moreover, many of the ICO warned about this in advance.
Giving personal data to a project that cannot be said to be successful when it is launched I don't thing is a good idea. I prefer to look for another project bounty that doesn't have to provide us with identity information.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:53:54 AM

is still acceptable for me, I think they do KYC process to all their bounty hunters to minimize the risk of bounty cheaters.

at least you should remember this rule and I think this rule always there in every bounty...

We reserve the right to change bounty campaign rules.

If you want to be paid, you should accept their rules...
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:11:12 AM

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

This is not necessarily a fraud, although it is not excluded. In this case, they still do something dishonest with bounty hunters, demanding this kind of verification. These actions are caused by the fact that they want to reduce the payments to bounty hunters in this way, because some of them refuse to undergo such a test or will not be able to pass it for some reason. In any case, such actions should be considered fraudulent, although the project itself may not be fraudulent.

I consider the requirement to undergo KYC verification from bounty hunters in any case illegal, since we are not investors in this case, and such verification should be carried out only against investors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: