Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:01:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new bounty scam  (Read 890 times)
Go jack1

Activity: 219
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:49:03 AM

Be careful now many scam projects, they seem to have very good projects. but after they get investors and are not responsible. they don't care how people help him in his project
sinkfish

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:51:32 AM

GOLDMA started their bounty campaign in April, and then 1 week before the end (in October) they said they require full KYC meaning:

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Is there any ICO requiring such information from bounty hunters?! To me this is a SCAM to get private details and sell on dark markets. Imagine what they can do with such information! I have never seen anything like this, be careful of these scammers from GOLDMA.

Has anyone experienced something similar from other bounty?

*edit* It stated first that NO KYC REQUIRED FOR BOUNTY, this changed 1 week before the end

thing is the game rules change, it pretty much a requirement for bounty hunters.

yeah, regulation sucks but too bad, we can't do nothing to it. if you wish to continue, you must follow the rules.
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:05:55 PM

Be careful now many scam projects, they seem to have very good projects. but after they get investors and are not responsible. they don't care how people help him in his project
nowadays there are indeed more unclear projecks that even aim to cheat if we are a bounty hunter, so you should be careful in following the available projeck
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

Yes anonymity in crypto is now gradually changed because of many ICO's are now asking KYC, maybe due to some issue like multiple accounts in one person in which clearly illegal and I don't think a scam at all or being used in a bad purpose because there is no such report about this, I'm sure if there is then KYC will be stopped immediately.
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:18:17 PM

This is happening more and more.
Projects hope hunters won't read the new rule or will be too lazy to comply.
That's less people for them to pay.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:20:09 PM

GOLDMA started their bounty campaign in April, and then 1 week before the end (in October) they said they require full KYC meaning:

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Is there any ICO requiring such information from bounty hunters?! To me this is a SCAM to get private details and sell on dark markets. Imagine what they can do with such information! I have never seen anything like this, be careful of these scammers from GOLDMA.

*edit* It stated first that NO KYC REQUIRED FOR BOUNTY, this changed 1 week before the end
If they announce KYC after the bounty ends. Well I think they are a scammer, and do not want to distribute to the bounty hunter. KYC is not bad, but it must be given when launching the bounty. You should give it up and do not KYC to ensure the safety of your personal information

premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:20:26 PM

I do not think that this is a sign that this bounty is a scam or bounty manager scammed bounty hunters, he didnt know it, team changed their opinion about bounty KYC.

copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:28:47 PM

I am not familiar with this company, but I think the requirement to provide documents to the participants of the bounty is a normal practice, so many do. So I don't think we should worry about that. I myself have repeatedly sent my data for the KYC procedure and everything was fine. And even if our documents fall into the hands of scammers, most likely they will not be able to do anything with them
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:32:45 PM

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

I am not surprised by such a thing, because I often find the same case ico project. and almost on average currently ico always includes KYC for prize hunters. You don't need to say it's a scam. like it or not if you don't do it in other words you won't be rewarded.
TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329

AGATE

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:31:32 PM

There are a lot of scam coins and we need to know about that and to learn how to tell them apart in order to save our money and business.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:49:11 PM

indeed it is very risky to give all of our personal information to someone we don't know but here if we don't do KYC then we will never get a payment and we will work in vain Cry So what should we do? I'm just a bounty hunter who always wants tokens for free  Embarrassed

Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:43:56 PM

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

If the bounty manager suspects a lot of cheating in their campaign, they have the right to request KYC, and your choice is KYC or give up. Maybe it will make you uncomfortable and take time but no other way. There are many bounty requests for KYC and I find it very normal

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
Arcanefist

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:59:58 AM

Classic movement. Sometimes such call is made under the pressure of investors, who already passed KYC and want it to be passed by bounty hunters.
Beargas0

Activity: 289

FREE Cryptocurrency Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:34:48 AM

In April there were several ICOs that had used pretty the same trick: they offered good profits and completely anonymous investments and then there were a KYC.

Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:58:02 PM

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Started campaign on April and still not finished? It sounds very strange, so I did not get surprised because of unexpected KYC, which had appeared on horizon.

Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:58:10 PM

I know it is unfair but it doesn't mean that it is scam necessarily , They should have asked KYC at the beginning or said that they would ask for KYC later , I don't like KYC either but some bounties do that to reduce duplication and scams , Still they cant stop it 100% even with KYC!

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:44:15 PM

- Proof of address
- Government issued card
- Selfie holding the ID

Oh, the worst thing that it happens not with bounties only. I mean that sometimes project teams allow people to invest without KYC, but to get your tokens you have to undergo it!
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:10:52 PM

I would not consider such a thing fair, but the bountie operators themselves set the rules and can change them at any time. Therefore it is not a scam, but an ugly thing for the bountie participants. I would probably be angry, too, because i do not want to do kyc, but unfortunately you can not do anything about it.  Sad
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:22:02 AM

This type of change in rules do often happen.

And there's no way to stop this if they are the ones who are running these bounties. A bounty manager that has integrity would save your time from avoiding these type of bounties that suddens requires KYC when the bounty is about to end.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
SwiggHeart

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:16:47 AM

This type of change in rules do often happen.

And there's no way to stop this if they are the ones who are running these bounties. A bounty manager that has integrity would save your time from avoiding these type of bounties that suddens requires KYC when the bounty is about to end.
But the problem is they were charging the bounty participants to do KYC 1 week before the bounty ends. That's is the problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: