Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:16:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some ICOs want to raise huge amount can't see they will be successful  (Read 118 times)
thethirdson (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:40:23 AM

I have been following the ICOs and new coins/tokens available, after all, Bitcoins's price is too high for me to afford and I see it's price has been stable, and there is no dividend to benefit from.

However, some of the recent ICOs I noted wanted to raise over $ 1bn with total supply... which I can't imagine there is that big appetite in the market.  See the list here of the largest supply amount at the moment http://www.cryptoinnout.com/news-20181020-249.html

I simply don't believe they will get that much money...  but why they put that amount up?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:14:41 AM

after all, Bitcoins's price is too high for me to afford and I see it's price has been stable, and there is no dividend to benefit from.

that doesn't make any sense!
gold is also has a high price but would you not buy gold and buy shit instead because shit is worth less than gold?
besides nobody is forcing you to buy 10 million dollar worth of bitcoin. you can buy $10 worth of bitcoin too!

However, some of the recent ICOs I noted wanted to raise over $ 1bn with total supply...
of course they will always want to get the most amount of money they can but they will never do it. most of them are even fake.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
ZzV1Finn

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:17:53 AM

I have been following the ICOs and new coins/tokens available, after all, Bitcoins's price is too high for me to afford and I see it's price has been stable, and there is no dividend to benefit from.

However, some of the recent ICOs I noted wanted to raise over $ 1bn with total supply... which I can't imagine there is that big appetite in the market.  See the list here of the largest supply amount at the moment http://www.cryptoinnout.com/news-20181020-249.html

I simply don't believe they will get that much money...  but why they put that amount up?

There are projects that assess their chances of success highly, even in the worst conditions and mostly they need for this a minimum of the top investment cap. But projects with such a collection are very risky and they can not start at all so calmly and develop for at least a year.

thethirdson (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:53:56 AM

after all, Bitcoins's price is too high for me to afford and I see it's price has been stable, and there is no dividend to benefit from.

that doesn't make any sense!
gold is also has a high price but would you not buy gold and buy shit instead because shit is worth less than gold?
besides nobody is forcing you to buy 10 million dollar worth of bitcoin. you can buy $10 worth of bitcoin too!

However, some of the recent ICOs I noted wanted to raise over $ 1bn with total supply...
of course they will always want to get the most amount of money they can but they will never do it. most of them are even fake.

Mate, you want your investment to grow right? Investment in crypto coin can only get you the return in the capital, nothing else.  And if you invest in something only moves in a tight range you will have to put in a lot of capital... get it?

Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 11:04:02 AM

I think you are right, that's why most of them never succeed because all they do is hide behind not selling what dey wish before the ico and plan to get away with the fund of those who have invested, imagine a project who never exist but only written down on paper find it possible to raise up half a billion dollars. That's shit to me crypto just need government intervention to grow real.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
thethirdson (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:58:45 AM

I think you are right, that's why most of them never succeed because all they do is hide behind not selling what dey wish before the ico and plan to get away with the fund of those who have invested, imagine a project who never exist but only written down on paper find it possible to raise up half a billion dollars. That's shit to me crypto just need government intervention to grow real.

Totally agree! I spent a lot of time doing the research and found nothing to invest in! Some of them sound so dodgy and intend to raise a big sum, yet some review/rating firms still give them green light.  it's mad!
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:08:25 PM

This year 2018 is a bad for ICO. I know few projects successfuly completed their hard cap but if you are comparing from last year 2017 then this is almost 80 percent ico are failed. It's doesn't means that people not taking interest in ico. I think people now more aware about ICO and behind its technology now people do research before going to invest any ico.. In 2017 if any new ico coming then everyone is start investing in it because they usually know that it's a great oportunity without knowing anything. So I think people are more aware now and make quality projects coming.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:14:52 PM

My signature project seems to have increased ICO time, which has caused me to do this signing task for a long time. It shows that many ICO projects are very difficult to raise funds this year, but some excellent projects can still raise funds successfully.

JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 12:38:31 PM

Well that is what it gets interesting.
Investment is a gamble, you wouldnt know how it would turn out. But the fact that you have some knowledge before doing so, could affect how would you invest.
That comes also with ICO, its up to the project owners on how they will introduce there coin/token. And its up to you if you would take part. But you have your facts, its not your problem why do they put up so much supply though.
Alilamas212

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:27:25 AM

Not all ICOS achieves what they want. There are thousands of ICOs in the market and most of them fails due to false promises.
Gelanwan01

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:27:43 AM

Bitcoin price is currently low enough to invest and make a profit because by the end of this year there is a possibility of a bullrun. And also it is advised to remember that most of this ICO which have absurd goal end up being a fake.
Kaoeveth001

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:27:59 AM

There's no denying that some of these ICOs are fake. Then there are these with ambitious goal which in reality sounds farcical. Some of these projects are straight out of hard forks and you know at the first glance they are not going to make it. But a few projects are really good and worth investing. Since 2018 is a rough year, along with other these legit ICOs are suffering. Perhaps these audacious figures are their way of attracting people.
Haelitha32

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:28:49 AM

There are a huge number of ICOs that are growing recently. Of course not all of them are legit nor they have the technology. These fake ICOs want to get rich in no time but in the long run they are going to extinct.
Ladysmith

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:35:41 AM

There's no such thing as Cinderella stories, only cause and effect. If ICO's have a clear roadmap of how they're going to solve problems that people care about-scarcity, more truth in the media, better entertainment, reducing human suffering, and the founders seem legit and have a good track record, they will raise the money.
Kekkins87

Activity: 144

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:44:27 AM

99% of ico or bounty are scam...we must look for coins that are not ico or bounty but people are too stupid for this....I regret I did not get bought coins like litecoin,vertcoin or viacoin when they were very very low in 2015...there is a good dose of luck of course, but you must always do your own researches...for example watch Elicoin in livecoinwatch , is not an ICO or bounty... it's a coin with low mc, low supply, PoW whit cpu, no premine, active dev...only trading it on CREX24 for now...do you own researches in the thread in bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3028302.0... people are too stupid for DYOR and got scammed by ICO or bounty...just my 2 cents...hope it helps...cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: