Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:06:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: avoid airdrop by using KYC by requesting the key to utc json file  (Read 112 times)
ciang huang (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 02:00:08 PM

I have an experience that I have never forgotten until now because I once participated in the Airdrop program, which ended in a scam! from the start, I didn't expect that airdrop had to use KYC, but the kyc was different from the others, usually kyc uses an identity card or passport, this airdrop asks for the UTC json file and I don't suspect the airdrop. then at the end of the month I opened my eth wallet, finally I lost my eth and my wallet was hacked by an irresponsible party. do you have experience like me !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:34:59 PM

I have an experience that I have never forgotten until now because I once participated in the Airdrop program, which ended in a scam! from the start, I didn't expect that airdrop had to use KYC, but the kyc was different from the others, usually kyc uses an identity card or passport, this airdrop asks for the UTC json file and I don't suspect the airdrop. then at the end of the month I opened my eth wallet, finally I lost my eth and my wallet was hacked by an irresponsible party. do you have experience like me !!
It's the funniest way to grab the go-out for your property. I had similar fake problems when links from email from airdrop redirected to bad settings related to MEW / Privatekey. Mostly, Airdrop does not have the value you need to try and get at the higher risk streams.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:34:43 PM

It's the funniest way to grab the go-out for your property. I had similar fake problems when links from email from airdrop redirected to bad settings related to MEW / Privatekey. Mostly, Airdrop does not have the value you need to try and get at the higher risk streams.
Only newbies like you guys would definitely fall on this very obvious crap scamming attempt.Imagine asking out your Json.file? We know that this is the most important including PK
when it comes to our wallets. Giving out to other party then expect for your assets to be stolen.Theyve gone too far and people who do fall on this trap are the ones who doesnt even know
even the basic security of their wallets.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:06:43 PM

This is nothing new and it's more common than you can imagine. As much as this kind of scamming attempt is stupid, I'm afraid that it still manage to catch some stupid people who does not even bother to read and inform theirselves about what information they are giving away.
Also, requiring KYC in airdrops? Don't even consider it. Unless you are aso an investor to that project. Most airdrops these days are only for gathering user informations. It's a huge risk in compare to the reward you are receiving. Think about it.
ciang huang (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 10:56:45 PM

Only newbies like you guys would definitely fall on this very obvious crap scamming attempt.Imagine asking out your Json.file? We know that this is the most important including PK
when it comes to our wallets. Giving out to other party then expect for your assets to be stolen.Theyve gone too far and people who do fall on this trap are the ones who doesnt even know

yes, I really didn't know about the key  the wallet and I'm still very beginner, I can't know the whole knowledge of cryptocurrency and I'm very sorry that my ETH disappeared instantly

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:26:58 PM

yes, I really didn't know about the key  the wallet and I'm still very beginner, I can't know the whole knowledge of cryptocurrency and I'm very sorry that my ETH disappeared instantly
Mistakes is inevitable but reading up on this link would give you some good start up about keys: https://bitzuma.com/posts/six-things-bitcoin-users-should-know-about-private-keys/

ciang huang (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 07:35:33 PM

Mistakes is inevitable but reading up on this link would give you some good start up about keys: https://bitzuma.com/posts/six-things-bitcoin-users-should-know-about-private-keys/
Your advice is very good, bro, I have read the article that you gave me, it is very useful for me, thank you again

ciang huang (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 07:40:11 PM

This is nothing new and it's more common than you can imagine. As much as this kind of scamming attempt is stupid, I'm afraid that it still manage to catch some stupid people who does not even bother to read and inform theirselves about what information they are giving away.
Also, requiring KYC in airdrops? Don't even consider it. Unless you are aso an investor to that project. Most airdrops these days are only for gathering user informations. It's a huge risk in compare to the reward you are receiving. Think about it.

yes it is very regrettable if the information about myself is afraid of buying and selling irresponsible people. I used to be a fan of airdrop because it was easy and one time to work but I thought again, it was a waste of time and the results were unknown.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: