Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies is protection from the third world war  (Read 364 times)
alevlaslo (OP)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:19:08 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 08:39:10 AM by alevlaslo

Internet is freedom of information, cellular communication is freedom of communication, cryptocurrency is financial freedom

But the main value in the other - cryptocurrencies is protection from the third world war, the states will disappear, then there will be no wars https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1lfobc/i_am_a_timetraveler_from_the_future_here_to_beg/

on the one hand, the collapse of states is bad - there will be no control over evil, and on the other is well - will be impossible a big war. What do you think?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zStrog

Activity: 468
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:27:27 AM

Due to the nuclear weapon, the third world war is impossible. If it starts, all will die. Politicians understand this, therefore, no one wants it and will not allow this. The third world war is economic and media war and it is going right now.
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:19:22 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 03:40:20 PM by erikoy

Internet is freedom of information, cellular communication is freedom of communication, cryptocurrency is financial freedom

But the main value in the other - cryptocurrencies is protection from the third world war, the states will disappear, then there will be no wars https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1lfobc/i_am_a_timetraveler_from_the_future_here_to_beg/

on the one hand, the collapse of states is bad - there will be no control over evil, and on the other is well - will be impossible a big war. What do you think?
It will not going to happen that cryptocurrency will unite all the states or countries around the world. We know the history and until now we can still consider that there were cold war happening to those countries who were having a fight before or during the world war 1 and 2. Aside from that cryptocurrency is another categoral aspect that belongs to currency other than that there is now reason that every country could unite like in the language being used were a difference already. Great contributions of the differences of the countries around the world were the cultures. We cannot have the same culture with different environment.

Again, the only thing that could be united using cryptocurrency is only the medium of exchange or the currency aspect. This is only a small aspect to consider whole for the unity.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 06:06:21 AM

I think crypto-currency is protection from market failures if a third world war were to happen. To be honest, I'd feel safer having my money in BTC than any financial market if a world war were to become a reality.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 05:05:07 PM

Due to the nuclear weapon, the third world war is impossible. If it starts, all will die. Politicians understand this, therefore, no one wants it and will not allow this. The third world war is economic and media war and it is going right now.

this sounds about right. but for cryptocurrencies to become a protection from something - they should be widely accepted first. and its a complicated question to enforce. but regulations are in development, you can see banks filing blockchain potents like crazy)))) and things are changing in a better way, so we are getting there
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:19:15 PM

~

First is,  Internet is not a freedom of information, there are informations which are highly prohibited that only elites can initiate to a specific website wherein they can see most important and valuable informations that can change the view of people on the surf web,  basically people who are surfing on surf web has a limited knowledge to dig in into deepweb and darkweb.

And Cryptocurrency is not a financial freedom,  it takes risk to invest, wait, Earn or roll the money,  cryptocurrency is just more valuable if converted into fiat and that is quite freedom.

For you to know the real deal,  cryptocurrency will be may be the cause of world war III.  (IMO)
JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 04:48:36 PM

We've moved on from nuclear wars. Artificial climate change, EMF weapons, eugenics through vaccinations, and debt slavery are the new weapons.
nrm4bits

Activity: 132
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:38:03 PM

Due to the nuclear weapon, the third world war is impossible. If it starts, all will die. Politicians understand this, therefore, no one wants it and will not allow this.

This sounds reasonable but we all know human race is umpredictable so .... but I do agree with this

The third world war is economic and media war and it is going right now.

I think crypto-currency is protection from market failures if a third world war were to happen. To be honest, I'd feel safer having my money in BTC than any financial market if a world war were to become a reality.

If a third world war really happen I think even the whole infrastructure behind the WWW will crash along with the market so now your crypto-savings will worth nothing.

In my opinion I'll be more worried about other problems that are already happening, there are uncountable ones:
  • Global warming
  • Starvation
  • Pooverty
  • Etc
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 09:47:23 PM

There can't be a correlation or direct consequence of crypto protecting or preventing world war III because most of the mass media attack comes from yet again natural resources that dominating countries want their hands on. As such these are not so much financial/monetary issues as these are the direct follow up of these natural resources. This is why crypto isn't protecting against a world war III, disputes and bad language as well as egoism are all contributing factors.
alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:43:46 PM

there have already been 5 nuclear wars, the items on the excavations emit radiation, dinosaurs became extinct for this reason
alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:50:29 PM

~

First is,  Internet is not a freedom of information

Without the Internet such information was impossible to find (auto translation below)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2926277.msg47898980#msg47898980
Initscri

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 09:10:48 PM

there have already been 5 nuclear wars, the items on the excavations emit radiation, dinosaurs became extinct for this reason

Just because there's a world war doesn't mean technology becomes extinct. I doubt we would lose access to the internet completely if a world war were to become a reality. I guess it would depend heavily on the severity of the war.

But, point is. The stock market would crash, and you'd have risks with holding your money in a bank (inability to withdraw / convert to bank notes, etc)

With Bitcoin, provided the internet is still a thing, you won't lose access to your funds.
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 03:17:41 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

You guys make some valid points. I live in a rural area here in Florida. Our internet goes out sometimes after a light to a medium thunderstorm. Bitcoin, in theory, is awesome as we all know. The biggest flaw is the practicality. We need to be hyperconnected in order to transfer that value. A massive third world war would involve tech wars as well. Bitcoin miners would be affected. DDos attacks etc..

This is kind of weird, but I found this list of things to do in WW3.
https://www.financialsamurai.com/how-to-prepare-for-world-war-iii-survival-and-money-advice/

Most of it is stupid, but I liked the idea of "hoarding real assets". I think that would be the way to go. BTC will not do too much for you in a major war. BTC is a peacetime store of value. That sours in my mouth a bit, but I think it's accurate.
Initscri

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 07:56:02 AM

You guys make some valid points. I live in a rural area here in Florida. Our internet goes out sometimes after a light to a medium thunderstorm. Bitcoin, in theory, is awesome as we all know. The biggest flaw is the practicality. We need to be hyperconnected in order to transfer that value. A massive third world war would involve tech wars as well. Bitcoin miners would be affected. DDos attacks etc..

This is kind of weird, but I found this list of things to do in WW3.
https://www.financialsamurai.com/how-to-prepare-for-world-war-iii-survival-and-money-advice/

Most of it is stupid, but I liked the idea of "hoarding real assets". I think that would be the way to go. BTC will not do too much for you in a major war. BTC is a peacetime store of value. That sours in my mouth a bit, but I think it's accurate.

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure the world would have a consensus on whether or not the internet would be available during a World War.

There's a couple articles on it, but I guess the value of BTC would be determined by the fate of the internet primarily (and if it can survive through a war)

https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/81443/in-a-major-war-what-would-happen-to-the-internet

Edit: As I was typing this and posting this, my internet went out. That's not creepy.  Cool
deepaksharma

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:28:03 AM

Internet is no more free of communication,we are getting watched by our governments.interent companies keeping eye on my our activity over the Internet.It is violation of our privacy
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:52:12 PM

Internet is no more free of communication,we are getting watched by our governments.interent companies keeping eye on my our activity over the Internet.It is violation of our privacy

you still got deepweb. where bitcoin start to get in to limelight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: