Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:11:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At what price will a coin die?  (Read 2658 times)
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:05:15 AM

There is no price basis for a coin to be considered dead. when the coin is no longer a user or interested person, and dev does nothing for their coins, it is considered dead. the exchange delisted because of that. coin does not have a future, prices are manipulated by pumps and dumps. and there is no update from the developer.
I agree. There is no basis what price the coin has to be considered die because sometimes it just fall but the development not yet done and giving the investors more opportunity and support it. The coin that considered dead is a coin that has no update about it and abandoned by developers and no more investor interested on it. Coin keeps on falling and do not get up again and forget in the market like it did not exist.

Vladislav2306

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:13:39 AM

I think bitcoin will be dead if only it's price will be 0 $. 1,000 $ for 1 BTC is not so small price. The exchanges delist coins, because of low usage of that coins, but not low price.

<div align="center">
<a href="https://brightnetwork.io">Bright - FINANCIAL SERVICES ON THE BLOCKCHAIN</a>
</div>
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:34:45 AM

So long as people continue to trade a certain coin, I believe that it will not die and exchange may not delist it since they will be making money from trading activities. I have not read it anywhere that a coin will due at a certain price. As for bitcoin, it can no longer die.
blocklancer8

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 05:42:46 AM

in my view so far, bitcoin won't die even if the price falls. Instead, people will flock in search of how to mine more and the possibility of dying is other coins that want to follow in the footsteps of bitcoin but lose miners and eventually leave (die)

kaasy.ai        Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain                                               Knowledge As A Service +
                        Public ICO is live!        BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW                                         Distributed Infrastructure As A Service
Whitepaper     Telegram     2-Pages Paper     Twitter     Facebook     Discord     BTC ANN          = Plug-and-play skills, on demand
chichibano

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:11:24 AM

People love predicting what the future has in store for them. They predict sports scores, the way their interactions with other people will go, the weather etc. One thing we have recently started predicting the future of are cryptocurrencies.

As of the moment, Bitcoin is down 70% with alts being down on average more than 80%. Most people are wondering if and when will this negative trend be broken. For now, it’s hard to say when, but we are almost certain that it will happen; There is a lot of room to go either up or down.
urbanpkuld

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:53:50 AM

Hundreds of coins were dead already. You can check the trading volumn.
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:54:56 AM

Even an abandon project by developer can still have value as long trading are strong and exchange won't delist them. So coins will die if no exchange since you can't trade it. Most coin who are scam are still have value when its still listed. Like bitconnect that just become dead last month after delisting to its all exchange.

Saunder2018

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:46:10 PM

In my opinion only the price doesn't determine when the coin will die rather when there is no support from the developers and the community becomes silent and loose interest about it, that is the point when the coin is considered to be dead.
Dennie741

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:46:31 PM

If the coin has no developer and no community support whatsoever, that might be sign for it. A dead coin will also have no exchange support and no matter how much of them you hold If you can't use it, it is flat dead. However it is highly unlikely bitcoin will face the same fate even if goes down $1k. Bitcoin has reached millions of people one way or another. Day by by, the market is expanding and the coin itself is being established as a proper currency.
Jeremie502

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:46:55 PM

It solely depends on the trading volume. As long as the buying and selling is going, you can not call it dead. When the coin circulation is off, that may be the end.
Aristotle71

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:47:15 PM

There is no general standard to ascertain that. Traditionally a coin would be considered dead if the value stands at 0 at any given currency.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:43:33 PM

What is the price at which a coin is considered dead or when an exchange decides to delist the coin?
Like bitcoin was 20k in jan so if it reaches less than 1k we can consider it dead?
You are wrong to say if bitcoin go below 1k it will be considered dead because even at 1 cent a coin can not be considered as dead and the only time I think a coin will be considered dead is when it is delisted from the exchange because the exchange is the only platform that make it possible for any coin to be traded so any thing outside the exchange lead to the dead of such coin.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:41:28 PM

What is the price at which a coin is considered dead or when an exchange decides to delist the coin?
Like bitcoin was 20k in jan so if it reaches less than 1k we can consider it dead?
You can't consider it dead simply because there are still user and many are still supporting. I will consider it dead if no one is supporting or using it already even if the coin still has a price. So you can't call a coin dead by it's price or because it is falling deep.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:43:23 PM

Exchanges delisting would depend on public demand for the Bitcoin. Though People will never stop trading for Bitcoin even if it comes at 1K USD! So, If people keep trading then exchanges will not delist. But suppose, BOLL is a coin and it's price hit the highest value ever in USD but no one interest to buy or trade it, then the exchange will delist that coin immediately! I hope you understand the fact.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:48:29 PM

I do not know the minimum price for the coin to be excluded from the exchange. I think it depends on the deal with her. If the coin is not traded for a long time, it will be considered dead. But as long as the transactions is made this coin will exist no matter what her price.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:53:52 PM

As long as the coin has some sort of value, it is not "dead". This means that even if the price of bitcoin ends up being $1,000, it is still not dead. We got that assumed value since there are some people who are still using it and trading with it. For the coins to be dead, there should not be even a single user who uses bitcoin. So i guess if the value turns out to be zero, the coin can be considered dead.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
voanquan

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:08:40 PM

The price will make the market slower and will be able to stand still when everything becomes bleak. We see the current Bitcoin price can not heat the current market. As well as the ICOS campaigns have become smoother and more fragile than ever.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:41:27 PM

A price where no one is interested in it will eventually lead to zero volume on  exchange and I think it will be time that coin is said to be dead and not tradeable. At this stage the developers had dump all their share in it and those holding become bagholders.
MonicaSteve

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:42:15 PM

Bitcoin is an open-platform and there is no one company to “rule them all.” Most likely a few dominant bitcoin exchanges will emerge but the system will work even without them. And chances are the biggest trades won’t happen in their platforms — rather, people and companies will opt for individual transactions.With any open platform, there are many stakeholders many of which have different interests at heart. Combined, they make sure the platform stays alive.therefore, bitcoin will never die
riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

If bitcoin still reaches 1K it means it doesn't die, but if there is no transaction for 7 hours it indicates that the coin is dead. but if bitcoin as the third currency most sought after by the world I don't think it's possible because of its strong existence

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: