Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:52:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At what price will a coin die?  (Read 2658 times)
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 01:01:18 AM

What is the price at which a coin is considered dead or when an exchange decides to delist the coin?
Like bitcoin was 20k in jan so if it reaches less than 1k we can consider it dead?
Removing a coin from an exchange cannot entirely destroy the coin especially when it is listed on many exchanges. This can affect it adversely to a certain degree. What can kill a coin is when trading of that coin ceases, thus when crypto uers especially buyers decide not to purchase the coin. This will leave all sell orders hanging and eventually devalue the coin - the death of the coin.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:12:35 AM

The price of a coin at a particular moment in time is not the key factor to determine if the coin is dead. What really determines the state of a coin whether its dead or alive is the market volume within 24 hours. This tells the number of people trading within the 24 hours. A dead coin or a dying coin will have a declining market volume within the 24 hours.

Bitcoin have a lot of times that the price is declining in 24 hours but it did not die. Declining is a common movement of Bitcoin every time since we all know how volatile they are since they are cryptos.

Declining is not the characterization of a dying coin, it may be a sign but the most reason why a coin dies is because of its investors, demand and it's  development. Without investors and users, it is obvious that there will be no demand in that certain coin making it less values and eventually will die. Development because if that certain coin is not maintained, not being taken care of of its developers, nothing will happen to that certain coin and it will not be used continuously by it's users.
rafana

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:20:40 AM

i don't think bitcoin will die even if the price will go lower, but some coins that are a scam, will die anyway
kalasahankutuud

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:53:35 AM

What is the price at which a coin is considered dead or when an exchange decides to delist the coin?
Like bitcoin was 20k in jan so if it reaches less than 1k we can consider it dead?

as long as that coin has value, meaning not zero, then consider that certain coin not dead yet and still we cannot declare for it as dead because as long as it has value, it has also a chance to rise. but still it depends on their product or project.
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:47:25 AM

The price of a coin at a particular moment in time is not the key factor to determine if the coin is dead. What really determines the state of a coin whether its dead or alive is the market volume within 24 hours. This tells the number of people trading within the 24 hours. A dead coin or a dying coin will have a declining market volume within the 24 hours.

volume still exists even though it has dropped dramatically, you are right about resistance and prices don't even move from the last value and will eventually be removed by the exchange market.

I assume this because I see a doge movement that often enters a zero value threshold, but because the volume is high enough, the lowest price is not an important benchmark.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:31:10 AM

There is no estimated number that a coin will die because of its price, as long as it still has value the coin will not die, there is no specific price point that will determine if the coin could possibly diminish.
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1574
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:51:50 AM

In my opinion, coins that are considered dead are when no more investors will buy or adopt the coin. So, as long as investors are still trading and buying coins, the coin will not die.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:28:42 AM

A coin dies not because of its low price. The price of a coin or token may be very small, and it may still be promising. Cryptocurrency dies only when it ceases to be needed and needed by people, and therefore is not in demand. If the trading volume from this cryptocurrency falls, then after a certain time it is deleted by their exchanges.
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 04:42:15 AM

depend what price is. let's see when begining coin launcing on market that's standard price. even when low volume allowing coin price are falling down there are not standard not followed. Alot of Crypto currency on market have price 0.1 until 1 satoshi, 6 month price not moved, i thing that's price are considered dead. than, could be low volume and developer leaved them project
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:13:59 AM

Bitcoin can't die.
Do you really think that Bitcoin can be delisted from exchanges?
This impossible because BTC is main coin.

TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:46:04 AM

The price of coin that is falling does not determine it is going to die. The factor that you can consider that it's going to die is when most of the supplies of the coin got hacked and the aftermath is price crash. So you could easily tell even before the price falls when this kind of things happens.
jayintop

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:49:35 AM

A coin isn't dead as long as its being traded. As long as there are active orders with people buying and selling its still pretty much alive.
GemmaJon

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:52:37 AM

I think it would be helpful to think of Bitcoin as a living organism. It's hard to classify Bitcoin but we know something about behavior and its important signs. As I've pointed out, Bitcoin prices are closely correlated with the number of addresses, hash rates of diggers and number of transactions confirmed. So, how can Bitcoin price return to zero while these factors go in the opposite direction?
JoeHilton

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:49:47 AM

Bitcoin is a kind of asset, it will still exist ... I believe 100% of a form of decentralized currency will still exist
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:00:52 AM

Bitcoin is a kind of asset, it will still exist ... I believe 100% of a form of decentralized currency will still exist
That is good to be more positive but do not expect too much in the future, much better to maximize its uses until its existence, invest now and do not regret later because there are many people are telling good thought about bitcoin but they do not taken some action to put money even small amount then when the value of start increasing they will start to regret.
Also i think even the coins have a value but there is no volume of demand i think that was considered as dead coin.

GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 08:23:32 AM

For me, if the project is not active anymore that the developers of the project are not active anymore, no more commits on their github repository, just like that and the volume of their project is very low like it's down almost 80% of their ATH. You can also consider their social media accounts if they are still active.

miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:28:56 AM

Bitcoin is a bad example in that situation. I say that you could say that a coin is dead when the developer is not active and the community is dead. That's when you can say that a coin will die. You really can't see it in the price because it varies from different project, but trading volume would say that a coin is dead too.

Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:12:45 AM

I do not know how anyone of course, but I definitely do not need!

I still do not see the desired tsiferki on their wallets. And the longer there is no rally, the higher the chance these tsiferki still see. So for me - so let even at least a year everything is in such a state as it is. But time can not be lost, yes ...
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:20:37 AM

depend what price is. let's see when begining coin launcing on market that's standard price. even when low volume allowing coin price are falling down there are not standard not followed. Alot of Crypto currency on market have price 0.1 until 1 satoshi, 6 month price not moved, i thing that's price are considered dead. than, could be low volume and developer leaved them project
I don't think that can be considered that way, it can only be dead if its network and people are no longer active. If there will be no more investors coming in to join the market. We can be the voice and media to spread good news and introduce bitcoin to others in the simplest way possible as it's quite complicated for someone who has no idea about this technology. Its price is not only the basis because it keeps on moving ups and downs, and if it crashes at times it can potentially recover. We have to be aware that volatility is its normal trend and it's up to us how we manage to deal its nature strategically and creatively inorder to survive and be successful in the field of cryptocurrency.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

There is no standard for that. The exchange will keep profiting regardless of the price because there will always be people trading that coin, so It's probably the userbase and trading volume more than the price itself.

And If we're speaking about bitcoin, that's never going to happen as bitcoin is what's holding the crypto market.

Totally agree. Prices are not really the basis of considering a dead coin most especially if the coin is volatile which is most of the crypto but I can define a dead coin if no one will ever use it or I mean there is no activity with the specific coin either on trading platforms or exchnages. If OP is referring to Bitcoin, I don't think that is going to happen because even if it's price will reach $.01 there is still a chance that it will be bouncing back to $6,000 due to adoption and community support.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███