Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At what price will a coin die?  (Read 2658 times)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:42:28 AM

What is the price at which a coin is considered dead or when an exchange decides to delist the coin?
Like bitcoin was 20k in jan so if it reaches less than 1k we can consider it dead?
For me, if the project is not active anymore that the developers of the project are not active anymore, no more commits on their github repository, just like that and the volume of their project is very low like it's down almost 80% of their ATH. You can also consider their social media accounts if they are still active.
At least that's a reasonable reason mate, when developers are no longer active in spreading and updating their coins, they don't make improvements when the price of their coin goes down, and there isn't any response, it's very likely that the coin will die, because the key of coin to be alive is user trust
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:47:31 AM

What is the price at which a coin is considered dead or when an exchange decides to delist the coin?
Like bitcoin was 20k in jan so if it reaches less than 1k we can consider it dead?

as long there is trade and usage. it will thrive. no matter how small it is.
mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:30:34 PM

I think a coin cannot be dead until it is decided by the company or owner/creators of the crypto currency. What you will say on the rise of the price, BTC goes to 20K in very limited time. This rise should be named as ".......". For me it's just investment by the people on particular coin/token. When a currency like BTC, which have gained the trust of the community and is going down sometime due to low investment or more selling, at this point company will take care of the currency so that it cannot be dead.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:58:00 PM

Bitcoin prices will die when no one has bought and there is no request anymore because when the price of bitcoin is still valuable then it can't be said to be dead.
Tagus45
Copper Member

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:28:30 PM

In volatile prices like cryptocurrency, it cannot determine the death of a coin based on a certain value, and if you determine it based on a certain value and you sell it low, then when the coin increases in value you will regret your decision.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:04:59 PM

The price of the coin does not determine the life of death of the project it is the users and the developers that determine if it will die.
The price is just a supply vs demand thing and a greed mechanism for people hording to sell higher. The project is more useful if people actual use it and it is becoming better.
samycoin

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:41:02 PM

We can't consider that bitcoin will dead when it reaches the less 1k price. We all know that bitcoin start for small amount then it develops in every year. And I think it will not happen that bitcoin will go down to what price we have now.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:55:52 PM

If the coin is under $1000 but still tradeable then we might not consider that coin to be dead. you see there are also coins under $1000 ; coins at 0.0-ish value but still freely moving and has signs of trade-- tat is still alive. but in bitcoin's case diving from $20k to $1k then I still don't consider that coin dead. If it reaches 0.000-ish then we might say that it is over for that coin.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:20:45 AM

If the coin is under $1000 but still tradeable then we might not consider that coin to be dead. you see there are also coins under $1000 ; coins at 0.0-ish value but still freely moving and has signs of trade-- tat is still alive. but in bitcoin's case diving from $20k to $1k then I still don't consider that coin dead. If it reaches 0.000-ish then we might say that it is over for that coin.
You right. even a 90% drop is not necessarily the end of the coin. if Developers have a good strategy to recover and the coin has a
strong community a comeback is a possible. but don't even hope like this for a small altcoin without potential. they could die anytime
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:24:30 AM

I think the coin is considered dead not about the price, but how the altcoin trading volume.
if no one has bought and sold again in more than 2 weeks then the altcoin has been confirmed dead.

Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:01:51 AM

not a good example mate,because bitcoin started to no value so dropping upto below 1k$ is nothing to effect its credibility
The only question that matters is the altcoins,there are lots of them that died alreadynd sime are dying,for me as long as the developer is not leaving the coins,this will stay and will still a capacity to bloom in future
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:48:00 PM

More important than the price of whether a coin dies or not, has investors' interest. As long as people trade a coin, it will exist regardless of whether it costs 1$ or much more. If the coin ceases to be used then it can be said that it is dead.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:08:21 PM

I think when it falls down almost 100% of its base price and when the community and the team behind it is not supporting it anymore. It's more of a scam cryptocurrency for me just like what happened to the infamous BitConnect.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: