Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:13:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How and when did you get into Crypto ?  (Read 762 times)
molecularman

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:04:28 AM

I heard about Bitcoin for years.    I think I even went to this forum long ago (never signed up).          I couldn't wrap my head around it and never took the time to really learn and figure it all out.          Fast forward about a year and half ago -  I heard Mark Cuban was getting on board with some start up blockchain thing,  Bitcoin was up in the thousands and I thought okay,  I really need to figure out what this is about - there are too many people making a ton of money here.

So I invested like 6 months too late, lol.    Shortly after the big China FUD happened and everything was down.     Eventually we hit the massive bull run in Dec and I felt like a genius.    Now everything is worth so so much less -  but I'm not down any money.       So now it has become a waiting game.   I'm in it until this goes to zero or I can be one of the ones that "made it"

Your signature here
JonasLim

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:17:34 AM

My economic teacher took me here. He told me a lots this great world and I decide to learn about it. Not invest yet, i am still learning about cryptocurrency and will join soon.
TheCountOfMonteCristo (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:13:25 AM

from beginning i knew only about bitcoin  and i started working in bitcoin company and from there i got interest in crypto
How did you get to know about Bitcoin ? And what company are you working if I may ask.

Yes. I also knew about bitcoin from a forum too, I didn't actually put more attention to bitcoin until its price reached $1000. I returned back to the days of which the price were still $2 and got myself stunned thinking I could have got millions if I just saw the possibilities of it. I'm probably one of the huge guys with thousands of BTC if I just believe to the guys who knew the future.So I started to invest to  BTC while its $200 after it. Didn't buy much but yes I worked as early as 2014 to buy myself some BTC.
Damn you were one of the early birds then. Thats cool man, I still kick myself that I wasnt one of those. You know through life, you become sceptical of get rich quick schemes, that sometimes the real opportunities pass you by. Are you still in Bitcoin ? And did you manage to get your hands on many of them? Just curious you might want to be carefull telling people how much you are actually holding. Also are you still working or having an early retirement now.

I came to know cryptocurrencies abou the year 2015. I was browsing through a nigerian blog www.nairaland.com and I saw a thread titled earn bitcoin though a faucet. So i chatted the creator of the thread an we hooked up on whatsapp where he just gave me the basics of creating a coinbase wallet and earning bitcoin through a faucet where you roll every hour to earn little satoshi.
I was persistant on the site for 3months where i earned about $4 which i was very happy. I started making more research on cryptocurrencies, how was it created, why was it created and its usage. One of the mistakes i made that time was not buying Ethereum when it was $13
Very cool story! Are you still using the faucet? If so which one is it ? Hats of to you sir that you made it work for yourself Smiley.

2014 baby!  My buddy introduced me to it.  Bought my first three Bitcoins drunk hahha
lol, drunk descicions can be good ones aswell ey haha. You still HODLing ?

I got interested when I read about the crash and a long term bear market that followed. I started to watch Bitcoin, because people were saying that it's in such a long term decline that it's not going to achieve anything. When it woke up and reversed in 2016 my first thought was to try it out, buy some while it's cheap. It was a great decision. Been a holder ever since.
Nice man, you are one of few that actually see through the smokescreen and buy when its low. A lot of people get put off by the FUD and just decide its dead only to buy it at its ATH. What do you think about the bearmarket now ? Are we seeing another year or is it going to reverse ?

A few months ago, I met my old friend and he told me about this opportunity, initially I did not believe it but later I realized this was the opportunity for me to change my life.
I can take only one good choice that might change your life. I hope this one is yours buddy!

I heard about Bitcoin for years.    I think I even went to this forum long ago (never signed up).          I couldn't wrap my head around it and never took the time to really learn and figure it all out.          Fast forward about a year and half ago -  I heard Mark Cuban was getting on board with some start up blockchain thing,  Bitcoin was up in the thousands and I thought okay,  I really need to figure out what this is about - there are too many people making a ton of money here.

So I invested like 6 months too late, lol.    Shortly after the big China FUD happened and everything was down.     Eventually we hit the massive bull run in Dec and I felt like a genius.    Now everything is worth so so much less -  but I'm not down any money.       So now it has become a waiting game.   I'm in it until this goes to zero or I can be one of the ones that "made it"
Yeah im basicly at the same point. Or I go down with the ship or we set sail to new ATHs. Eather way im in it to win it. So what time did you actually get in ? You say after the big China FUD so I think around last year september than ?

My economic teacher took me here. He told me a lots this great world and I decide to learn about it. Not invest yet, i am still learning about cryptocurrency and will join soon.
He is a great mind to put you on this track. Always do your own research though. What are exactly still learning about ? And If I may give you one tip; check out https://crypthena.com/. It may help you find what you are looking for.
Andrew Gergeo

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:06:34 AM

I just invested in bitcoin a month ago, although I have not had any profit but I am very excited about this investment and I hope a lot in it.
AIDUS

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 11:36:40 AM

ohh... we starting here by project AIDUS
This project officially named as the ‘AIDUS Global D-Fund Platform (ADFP)’, is decentralized platform business by establishing a ‘decentralized fund market platform’ in which the AIDUS Coin will serve as the main currency that would be used for the signing and redemption of various fund portfolios. The platform will connect global investors (the demand group for the asset management) with professional asset management companies, while it would supply the ‘Quant Trading System(QTS)’ to the asset management companies in order for them to create various high profit fund items, all aiming at truly revolutionizing and establishing a new ecosystem of global asset management market.
https://aidus.io/
baobao2000

Activity: 462
Merit: 23

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:48:17 PM

I got into crypto last year. I heard friends talking about bitcoin at first, and then I tried to search information about bitcoin. The first came up after Google searching was bitcontalk forum, after that I started my real crypto journey. There are discussion about bitcoin and altcoins here. We share our experience and information here, that was how I develop my interest in crypto. Grin

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:49:02 AM

I just invested in bitcoin a month ago, although I have not had any profit but I am very excited about this investment and I hope a lot in it.
I say this a lot but sound like the perfect time to get in  Grin. Definetly man. Why did you invest in the first place ?

ohh... we starting here by project AIDUS
This project officially named as the ‘AIDUS Global D-Fund Platform (ADFP)’, is decentralized platform business by establishing a ‘decentralized fund market platform’ in which the AIDUS Coin will serve as the main currency that would be used for the signing and redemption of various fund portfolios. The platform will connect global investors (the demand group for the asset management) with professional asset management companies, while it would supply the ‘Quant Trading System(QTS)’ to the asset management companies in order for them to create various high profit fund items, all aiming at truly revolutionizing and establishing a new ecosystem of global asset management market.
https://aidus.io/
Nice look ICO you got there. If you want I can list it on my website (for free). Are you the owner of AIDUS ?

I got into crypto last year. I heard friends talking about bitcoin at first, and then I tried to search information about bitcoin. The first came up after Google searching was bitcontalk forum, after that I started my real crypto journey. There are discussion about bitcoin and altcoins here. We share our experience and information here, that was how I develop my interest in crypto. Grin
Nice story BaoBao! So how are you liking everything so far ? Are you still invested in Bitcoin ? Or just Altcoins.

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:40:20 AM

Just for the new members to see and share.  Smiley
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:43:50 PM

About one year ago most probably I joined into cryptocurrency. It is quite an interesting story actually I was looking for an online source for earning money as I heard many people earn money from online which they called as freelancing. So that time a good friend of mine came forward to help me to get into cryptocurrency.
Scoobers

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:29:26 PM

A friend that I used to do some other online business stuff with advised me to get into crypto. I hadn't spoken to him for a while and during that period he did very well. I didn't need telling twice  Grin
One of the the best moves I ever made, that was probably about a year ago.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 03:42:02 AM

I get into crypto over 3 years ago, and after i register here. First time i get some bitcoin from a forum and after i made coins by walking, but now that project is dead unfortunately. Now i trade but not daily and i made a good profit from last year until now, and i still waiting for a new grow in price for altcoins.
Serena_M

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:39:23 AM

I've been trying to understand the world for a few months now, but still feel quite stuck and that I can't quite understand everything. Any tips?

●● PrepayWay〚✙〛 | The New Paradigm of International Business ●●
╘══╡Simple Solution For Complex Processes╞══╛
Mommynigabby

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:21:45 AM

I started year 2011. Nothing serious. There were  lots of free stellars that can be exchanged to btc and then to fiat right away. Had I known that BTC would grow this big, I would've just kept holding on to my BTC. Those were the days Smiley   Next was around year 2015 when somebody recruited me to join MMM which turned out to be scam. Too bad. Next is this Year , I'm into bounty hunting. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: