Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:32:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking merit as a proof of good work, originality and simplicity  (Read 205 times)
Upgate (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:32:13 PM

Hello community

I am new to this forum although am not new to cryptocurrency in general. I was introduced into bitcointalk forum by I group I join on telegram. The group is generally fill with bounty and airdrops hunters.

They had told me something about the forum some I took to heart other I felt where just pure falsehood. 
 My first few glance on the forum I new I would love and enjoy it here I dont need any form of ambiguous desire.

So the other day I read an article about a guy complaining to losing money to an escrow agent.  Then I made a post on that topic knowing that someone would be touched
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5053766.msg47065233#msg47065233

I also shared it on the group on telegram and the next thing I read was a laughing emoji from almost all the member I was confused then the admin said it was a nice post but I wouldn't get merit I replied by stating the reason to which I made the post but he bluffed it and said that merit is the most important reason right now and if it had been made by a higher ranking member it would have gotten tons of merit also stating that they where looking for a way to buy merit that no one can get it originally

But i realsied something this guy's has been here for quite a while and a merit focused and had made not less that 100 post but had no gotten merit.

I took my time to do an investigation then I came across this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030752.0
 Then I knew what to do I just told them to keep an eye on me and my next post and learn that the forum is not disorganized . I have realised that those that put merit in front on them will not get it but those that impact positively and staying original and simple with

PS. We here primarily to gain knowledge and also contribute effectively and every other things are just And added advantages

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4173

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:21:44 PM

I took my time to do an investigation then I came across this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030752.0
 Then I knew what to do I just told them to keep an eye on me and my next post and learn that the forum is not disorganized.

For one second there, I almost thought here's another user who has been brainwashed to think only high rank members receives merits. Glad you came across my post on time to get you back on track. Do the forum a fav, keep an eye on those users in the telegram group planning to engage in buying and selling of merits and report them when they do.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 10791

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

<…> I have realised that those that put merit in front on them will not get it but those that impact positively and staying original and simple with <…>
I don't find that to be completely correct assertion though. Let’s put it this way: if nobody gave a dam about merits, and posted with total disregard for it, then we would be back to the situation that originated the Merit System in the first place.

There are people who do not have it in mind, nor need to, since they are mature posters and focus on content per se, being merit rather lateral to them. Nevertheless, unfortunately, the majority join for the campaigns (fine if done with respect to the forum), and post as requirement by the campaign, and not as an inherent condition to contribute to the forum. Having merit as an objective or compass could, at least theoretically, move people to post better content in order to achieve this lateral/main objective.

I'd rather everyone understood merit and it’s goals, and tried to post accordingly to postulate to receive it, than everyone not taking into account and posting with no compass.
Nnuego

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:01:21 PM

<...> I'd rather everyone understood merit and it’s goals, and tried to post accordingly to postulate to receive it, than everyone not taking into account and posting with no compass. <...>

Exactly, people have to understand that merits is a means to an end. And it is meant to spur a user into  contributing positively and qualitatively. And to effectively get rid of users who just visit the forum as a way to pass time.

Just like grades in school used to separate students according to their knowledge and hard work is meant to spur students to learn and that is more important. Grading is just the means to an end

And when people say users should not concentrate on merits, I think they are rather saying don't make posts repeatedly about it, or beg for it, but work towards it. And you'd indirectly be working on yourself and improving your knowledge.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
Upgate (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:10:09 PM

Then I knew what to do I just told them to keep an eye on me and my next post and learn that the forum is not disorganized.

For one second there, I almost thought here's another user who has been brainwashed to think only high rank members receives merits. Glad you came across my post on time to get you back on track. Do the forum a fav, keep an eye on those users in the telegram group planning to engage in buying and selling of merits and report them when they do.

Firstly I would like to thank you for that post it really made my decision making easier and I know it would save a lot from negative thought.. I will do anything that's within my ability  for the betterment of the community. Because we all in this together
Screamshot

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:26:37 AM

I think the merit search has made a lot of people lose focus. The search of the precious merit will not be fruitful if you don't get you act straight. Firstly have a good idea work and research on it then share it with the community then you will get your needed merit

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: