Author Topic: BOID  (Read 183 times)
bozzy (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
⇾ BOID
October 22, 2018, 03:49:21 PM
Merited by eternalgloom (3)

I know a lot of people probably talk about BOID and the first or last thing they do is throw out their referral link so they can get more people under them to build their social piece.  That isn't what this is, I am actually writing this post assuming you pretty much already know what BOID is. 

I remember the SETI @ home project when I was younger and that is really the thing that got me interested in BOID.  I understand it is built on top of an existing platform, but I like the idea that they are using the EOS blockchain.  I have been a supporter of EOS since before the genesis snapshot and even though there have been some bumps along the way, I think it still has a ton of potential. 

My question is, do you think BOID has a future?  Last time I checked it was sitting around $.00019.  What do you think a realistic target is for BOID once they start completing steps on their roadmap?  Will it make sense to hold on to as many BOID tokens as possible or convert them to something else as fast as you can?  I know in the future they plan on adding mining of other currencies besides BOID and EOS.

I am just looking for a mature conversation about the potential of BOID.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, but I see that you've managed to write a decent post!
Especially considering it's your first one on the forum.

I see a lot of similarities between this and something like GRID, which rewards activity on BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing)
I'm personally not that keen on doing any price predictions, but I would certainly like something like this to succeed.

I mean, if you're using BOID purely from a philanthropical POV, you shouldn't really care about the price, right?

That's the thing with those coins that are being released purely to serve to 'better the world'. I don't think most of them are actually economically viable, but I'd actually like them to be and I would certainly invest in them personally.

I just don't think the world agrees Cheesy

bozzy (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:17:39 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Those are good points!  I apologize for the question about price predictions.  I understand how that can be a touchy subject.  Things are so fluid and this seems like a much more mature forum that people posting "when moon?".

BOID is pretty special to me right now because they are currently working on mapping cancer markers.  Having been diagnosed with cancer last year it hits pretty close to home.  That being said as much as I love the philanthropic part of it, this is actually the first token I have ever taken a stab at mining.  It's also the first time I have had the opportunity to get into a crypto on the ground floor.  A lot of the stuff that I am invested in now, I feel like I came pretty late to the party and besides the fact that I believe in them, I don't stand the chance of making much money.   BOID is still alpha and I have been mining for a month or so now, so I am building up a decent amount of tokens.  Far more than I own of any other crypto currency, so it would be exciting for me if it did get a little traction!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: