Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:24:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's with all the comparison between blockchain and banks?  (Read 800 times)
SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:13:29 PM

No one did this because you can't currently pay for anything and everything in cryptocurrency..yet.

The list is growing though: https://99bitcoins.com/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-companies-stores-take-bitcoins/

Banks can incorporate blockchain to their benefit, I think you mean cryptocurrencies being "pitted" against banks, and they're only competing with them if the most-used cryptocurrencies are decentralized. Long way to go before this is possible. Still too risky with vulnerable exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pavka

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:31:14 PM

It seems to me that the time will come when banks will merge into the cryptocurrency market and stop resisting it. Any business, when it becomes a question of simple survival, will strive for progress and banks are no exception. In addition, I conclude that the blockchain, as a reliable independent system, can be very useful in the banking sector.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
sultanGol

Activity: 188

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:01:51 PM

No, I still have one of my bank accounts, I will problably have it, as long as the supermarket in the corner does not accept Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.

Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:08:03 AM

I get it. Blockchain technology is a great invention and it's definitely a technological breakthrough. But do we really have to pit it against the banks and he traditional banking system? Couldn't those two live in peace without people having to choose one over the other? It's not like anyone has completely stopped putting their money on their bank accounts and invested it all in cryptocurrency. Is there anyone here that actually did this?

Like or not, we still use paper money to fill our need. Cryptocurrency still not regulated in many country and i think we can use it together, cryptocurrency as investment and fiat money for our daily purpose

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: