Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proper TA for day trading on Bitmex  (Read 350 times)
Tsjanith (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:21:14 PM

Greetings to everyone in the space.

I have been following a lot of crypto analysts and have become very interested in doing this for myself. I have learned quite a bit about chart patterns and indicators by watching them and reading whatever related material I can come across.

What is truly frustrating though, is how these analysts never seem to disclose how exactly they know what points to enter, exit, what leverage to use, what range place a stop loss and what is a reasonable profit target. Additionally, I’m not sure how to analyze charts by timeframes ie 1 hour, 4 hour, daily, weekly.

My goal is to be able to do this semi full time. Actually, to start I'm just trying to make back what I lost following a so called "pro trader" (full tragic story here https://forflieslies.wordpress.com/2018/10/09/the-truth-about-forflies-sami-loyal/)  I am not aiming to become a millionaire with this endeavor, just to make modest yet steady income like so many these days are doing. Can any of you experienced individuals guide me in the direction of some material that can eventually show me how to do this step by step? I have found that information unreasonably hard to come by.

Thank you for any advise you are willing to lend me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 628

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:12:21 PM

There are no such ways or informations to be disclosed about when it comes to trading.Actually I had read up that article and the things I do read about
relying on someones Trading signals and if you do lose up money then you would only realize that you have made the wrong decision on following them.
Too much in a hurry to make big profits isn't really good,id rather choose to lose my money on my own analysis rather than on following someones advice
with a fee. Theres no proper TA on trading which would be precise on any entry or exits of each order.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:22:20 PM

First of all let me say that you have chosen a really hard way to try to make money. Not only is it hard, but it is stressful too. Some 90 percent of traders actually lose mone. Following other people analysis is not enough. Yes you have to absorb every piece of information out there, but that is not enough. You have to engage in trading with your money at stake. Nothing can prepare you for the harsh world of trading, nothing but getting your hand dirty and possibly losing money at the beginning. It is as much a psychological battle with yourself as it is matter of technical analysis. Good luck man.
Tsjanith (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:48:08 PM

As much as I appreciate your responses, that's not at all what I have asked.

I want to learn how to do good technical analysis, so that I may learn and practice on my own.

I have seen technical analysts, I have seen people discussing technical analysis, but I cannot find the information on how to properly learn it to save my dog.

I am asking for guidance on where to start, how to learn how to use the pertinent indicators and where to look for patterns.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:55:40 PM

I did understand your question, but what you are asking is usually not being offered for free. You want to be guided every step on the way, I get it, but I haven't be able to find such a course or free tutorial lessons so far. The closest that I've been able to find to what you are asking is this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-dLWl8etTtPSGdbbcYffGw Hope it helps.
Tsjanith (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:28:52 AM

I did understand your question, but what you are asking is usually not being offered for free. You want to be guided every step on the way, I get it, but I haven't be able to find such a course or free tutorial lessons so far. The closest that I've been able to find to what you are asking is this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-dLWl8etTtPSGdbbcYffGw Hope it helps.

Thanks!

I'll definitely spend some time on this channel
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:34:06 AM

We have on the samr boat. Those who I followed enthusiasts before were not really helping. Thus, leading us on a wrong track. They are sharing just a hint but absolutely never shared their whole knowledge about it. And most of them are pursuing us to join on their telegram group and subscribe for $100. I haven't joined any of their telegram and discord group.

Now, I am just gripping on my own TA and knowledge. Lucky me, their is someone who is willing to teach me about margin trading if I've got confused.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:53:44 AM

The thing a lot of people usually do not understand is that trading is something you just do not delve into without at least having the knowledge to make some decisions.

For instance, you want to perform surgery on someone, how on earth will you know where to cut through skin layers, or know what you want to be performing if you do not even have the basic knowledge, or the experience of being a surgeon based on the learnings you have acquired.

Nothing comes easy as long as it is a profession and trading is a profession as well, which means if you want to know all these things as an individual, you really do need to learn, practice, develop and build on a strategy and you will be able to make decisions yourself in the long run, but always ensure you do not rush into things until you are certain you are good enough and in such cases, you first want to be practicing your strategy on the likes of Bitmex demo platform before even moving in real life.

Trust me, no trader developed the knowledge of knowing where to buy, sell or stop loss from their sleep, they all learned and practiced to get better.
Tsjanith (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:36:26 AM

Nothing comes easy as long as it is a profession

Try being an attractive female Youtuber...
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:14:11 AM

I have been following a lot of crypto analysts and have become very interested in doing this for myself. I have learned quite a bit about chart patterns and indicators by watching them and reading whatever related material I can come across.

What is truly frustrating though, is how these analysts never seem to disclose how exactly they know what points to enter, exit, what leverage to use, what range place a stop loss and what is a reasonable profit target. Additionally, I’m not sure how to analyze charts by timeframes ie 1 hour, 4 hour, daily, weekly.

My goal is to be able to do this semi full time. Actually, to start I'm just trying to make back what I lost following a so called "pro trader" (full tragic story here https://forflieslies.wordpress.com/2018/10/09/the-truth-about-forflies-sami-loyal/)  I am not aiming to become a millionaire with this endeavor, just to make modest yet steady income like so many these days are doing. Can any of you experienced individuals guide me in the direction of some material that can eventually show me how to do this step by step? I have found that information unreasonably hard to come by.

That is why the idea of learning should always be paramount to every individual. You cannot know how they know what points to enter, exit, what leverage to use, what range place a stop loss and what is a reasonable profit target as long as you have no single idea or knowledge on some of these things yourself in the basic line of trading.

Learning is not something you just get to do in a short period of time, it is something that has to do with patience and how ready you are to it, which most times, a lot of people are always in haste. Everyone's strategy is always going to be different in most cases, so you really do need to learn as much as possible to be able to get the best from trading and make decisions yourself.
splacque

Activity: 32
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:36:44 PM

I think most of them check out all of them. Like historical data as well, you do not just check 1 hour or 4 hour or 24 hour, none of them can be enough by just looking at that only, nothing, definitely no indicator or no time spread is enough if you narrow it down too much.

Hence you need to prepare yourself for all kinds of possible indicators, from bollinger bands to RSI from macd to anything you can think of and in the end if all of them shows you the same thing for 1 hour or for 4 hours or for 24 hours than and only than you can be sure that the price is doing what you imagine it will be doing. Hence I would suggest not to narrow your indicators and try to widen them, also check out other peoples works on how it worked and try to backtest for it as well, that helps. Use tradingview and you can see all the info
Tsjanith (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:31:30 PM

That is why the idea of learning should always be paramount to every individual. You cannot know how they know what points to enter, exit, what leverage to use, what range place a stop loss and what is a reasonable profit target as long as you have no single idea or knowledge on some of these things yourself in the basic line of trading.

Learning is not something you just get to do in a short period of time, it is something that has to do with patience and how ready you are to it, which most times, a lot of people are always in haste. Everyone's strategy is always going to be different in most cases, so you really do need to learn as much as possible to be able to get the best from trading and make decisions yourself.

I'm feeling like I didn't make myself entirely clear at this point, although I'm not certain how to edit my original post in order to clarify.

I'm not looking to learn in a short period of time. I'm not looking to get rich overnight. I simply want to know where to find the materials to where I can learn how to properly use indicators and learn how to identify and exploit chart patterns such as bullish/bearish pennants, flags, triple tops/bottoms, eliot waves, fib retracement lines, etcetera. So many people seem so familiar with all of this information, yet not a one seems to want to disclose where/how they learned it.   
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:13:42 PM

For me, there is not proper Technical Analysis for any of the cryptocurrency. Sometimes crypto revolves with news and manipulators for what would they be in mind to make the market be.
renemagritte

Activity: 235
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:32:56 PM

I wouldn't day trade on bitmex. Just find a good position (a top or bottom) and do your move. (I mean long or short) Then wait for great movements. For example I opened a long position on ether when it was 193 dollars days ago, still waiting it to be $240 ish. I opened 10x btw Cheesy
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 11:58:36 AM by tmfp

I have been following....My goal is to be able to do this semi full time. .... how to do this step by step?.....

79%+ of people with this CV lose their money attempting it.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:56:33 PM

The thing a lot of people usually do not understand is that trading is something you just do not delve into without at least having the knowledge to make some decisions.

For instance, you want to perform surgery on someone, how on earth will you know where to cut through skin layers, or know what you want to be performing if you do not even have the basic knowledge, or the experience of being a surgeon based on the learnings you have acquired.

Nothing comes easy as long as it is a profession and trading is a profession as well, which means if you want to know all these things as an individual, you really do need to learn, practice, develop and build on a strategy and you will be able to make decisions yourself in the long run, but always ensure you do not rush into things until you are certain you are good enough and in such cases, you first want to be practicing your strategy on the likes of Bitmex demo platform before even moving in real life.

Trust me, no trader developed the knowledge of knowing where to buy, sell or stop loss from their sleep, they all learned and practiced to get better.

Essentially, this implies you have to learn before you earn, especially in trading. This is the first mistake a friend made when he delved into forex trading, and he lost it all. You need to acquire the skillset to be sucessful as a full a trader
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:20:50 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2018, 11:41:43 PM by lx001

There is a guy named Crypto Cred and I think these are the best tutorials out there: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBaU9NXRPjkLGgJy-M7RPCw
He really explains TA and various indicators in layman's terms. You can start with the risk management video because that's the first thing you need to study. Also there is a check list and step-by-step instructions on what to look at and how to plan a trade. He posts a lot on Twitter too. I have spent some time looking for tutorials and this one was the best for me. Honestly I don't know why he's still not charging money for that.
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 11:21:48 PM

Cryptocurrency depends more on fundamental analysis than technical analysis due to the speculations from traders yet if you wish to implement technical analysis in your trading then trend lines and volume analysis can be of good help to your skills .

darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:44:43 AM

There are no such ways or informations to be disclosed about when it comes to trading.Actually I had read up that article and the things I do read about
relying on someones Trading signals and if you do lose up money then you would only realize that you have made the wrong decision on following them.
Too much in a hurry to make big profits isn't really good,id rather choose to lose my money on my own analysis rather than on following someones advice
with a fee. Theres no proper TA on trading which would be precise on any entry or exits of each order.
People should basically realize the fact that we are talking about trading as a profession here and the only way you can even be able to get anything out of it, is to at least have the basic knowledge on how to be handling some situations in most cases.

Your ability to do analysis, is dependent on the knowledge, skills and strategies you have in those areas, which is not something you will get to be able to do, unless you have been able to learn as much as possible and be patient with learning and practicing as those who rush through it, usually do not find it funny eventually.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:13:42 AM

I have been following....My goal is to be able to do this semi full time. .... how to do this step by step?.....

79%+ of people with this CV lose their money attempting it.

I'd venture to guess the number is even higher. People say 90-95% of retail forex traders lose money. I suppose it's impossible to verify. But I've sure seen many new traders come and go over the years. Certainly, most do not stick around!

Outside of those who are simply talented with statistical edges, I think you truly need to love markets and enjoy chart analysis to succeed as a trader. Trading is a grind; the bad runs and long break-even stretches, the stop runs. It's really not for everyone. For me, it's almost a labor of love.......

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: