Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:30:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider ICO's/ETH a "BUBBLE"?  (Read 271 times)
Hello_Bubble_World (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:16:46 PM

ICO's are really big business these days.

"An economic bubble or asset bubble (sometimes also referred to as a speculative bubble, a market bubble, a price bubble, a financial bubble, a speculative mania, or a balloon) is trade in an asset at a price or price range that strongly exceeds the asset's intrinsic value.
Economic bubble" - Wikipedia

Intrinsic Value Definition | Investopedia
"Intrinsic value is the perceived or calculated value of a company, including tangible and intangible factors, using fundamental analysis. Also called the true value, the intrinsic value may or may not be the same as the current market value."

google: current market value of ICO's? <snip>

Exact definitions are not the point:
Do YOU consider ICO's/ETH a "BUBBLE"?
Discuss
Why or why not?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:54:18 PM

Not yet, i think there is still room for more and more icos, i think once this concept becomes more common and every other startup around the world will start raising funds through icos then we will eventually reach a bubble point and we may see trend reversal but i think that point is few years away from now.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ImpaT

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:00:13 PM

Ethereum is not a bubble for sure. It woun't bang, cause it is an blockchain which servicing thouthands of projects and tokens
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:11:13 PM

"An economic bubble or asset bubble (sometimes also referred to as a speculative bubble, a market bubble, a price bubble, a financial bubble, a speculative mania, or a balloon) is trade in an asset at a price or price range that strongly exceeds the asset's intrinsic value.

"Intrinsic value is the perceived or calculated value of a company, including tangible and intangible factors, using fundamental analysis. Also called the true value, the intrinsic value may or may not be the same as the current market value."

Discuss
Why or why not?

ethereum protected from bang by hundreds of tokens served by the blockchain i donot think so
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

Discuss
Why or why not?
I consider most icos to be a bubble but I do not think ETH is one, ETH is by far one of the best coins in the market and it is a reality, you can see how much it has improved since it began and it is without a doubt a serious project, but most icos in the other hand are not like that, the only thing that makes their price to go up is the expectation that the price will grow and that by definition is a bubble.
ricatop

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:06:36 PM

no I do not think so. you can draw parallels with anything, but you called the bitcoin bubble the same way, and what are we seeing now? this bubble has not burst for ten years

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:31:17 AM

It might be considered as bubble, yes, but in a pump-and-dump way.

We, at least think a million times when joining and investing in an ICO.
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:38:20 AM

well we never know about it, but this assumption is not new, many experts have had similar predictions about cryptocurrencies they call it "Bubble", and that opinion was first put forward by economists related to Bitcoin in 2013 and up to now it is not completely forgotten, everyone is free to submit opinions and everyone has the right to decide what is good for him. I have a prediction that altcoin will be the future of the global economy, why? of course, because all of us have not been able to prove that the Bubble will happen, everything is just a prediction
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:55:30 AM

ICO is a Bubble absolutely but ETH is not.
The reason why ICO is bubble because people used it as a tool to scam people and because of that people started to wary and afraid of it. just like IPO if you ever heard of it.
and why ETH is not a bubble ? it's because ETH does not have any relation with that ICOs technically, ICO is a strategy while ETH itself is a product.
they can change the strategy but they can not change the product because it has its usability. even if the price declined a lot because of the ICO, it won't change the fact that ETH still has its function in cryptocurrency and will remain the same as a silver for cryptocurrency.
Black Coffee

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:55:37 AM

I don't think so, all of them still depend on each product, whether it can be useful for the user or not and how far the product can solve a problem.
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:29:38 AM

No I do not think so, I think that it is new generation of payment systems. And for info 80% of money in the banks are digital and are not printed. Can we say that they are bubble? so it will be better to have less drama. But you should of course select good projects and not scams. I will suggest to visit www.icoguide.com they have fair rates it will help you to choose project!
krenus

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

Discuss
Why or why not?
i think too much has been done in the course of eth developing to consider it a bubble. yes, this view that cryptocurrency is a bubble are shared by some, and i can't say they are out of their minds. but neither are we.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:09:34 PM

Most of the post here considered ICO as a bubble Well I think because ICO is surely a newcomer and consider to still don't have any value yet or no specific value yet to begin with and may end up not successful with its target cap, While ETH had something to boast about because of its large market with the newly ERC20 tokens that are established was all base on Ethereum blockchain, I really think that the price of ETH right now is the floor value of it, It doesn't drop so much in the first place but will return to increase its price when the bearish market subsides.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:25:41 AM

No I do not. I think there are still a lot of improvements to be made into bitcoin and maybe a new coin that will rise but until than the best way to check how a coin could improve is to have a "testnet" of sorts that would allow you to improve the coin and see how it works and if it really works than you actually implement it.

Now, the most amazing way of doing it is on another coin, if you put something on a new coin and say "here have this" to people they will check it out for you and decide on if they like it or not and according to what they say you can work on your own coin. Bitcoin did not used segwit or LN or anything until litecoin did for example.

Ethereum is a needed coin so we can have many more new coins and keep on improving the cryptocurrency space we have with much better coins that would help the original coins improve.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:19:30 AM

not a bubble but volatile, and that is the nature of cryptocurrency today. Bubble is a sentence used by a group of people who do not like cryptocurrency industry, and we as a community must fight it. the decision to invest in ethereum or ICO means that everyone has consciously agreed with all forms of risk. if you don't want to get a loss don't do anything, keep your money in the bank, let them cut it with interest.
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:24:57 AM

ICOs are a huge business. And right now, they have really hard times, because people are afraid of putting their money in ICO. On such a market, it is very hard to launch a token and see the uptrend after the first exchange listing.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:32:13 AM

Discuss
Why or why not?

ETH I do not consider a bubble. Looking at ICOs the number of cash grabs and scams has clearly increased. Still every ICO got hammered in this years bear market. There is a number of interesting projects like Bridge Protocol, Pareto, Lendingblock, Moneytoken or Bigbom that have market caps below 1 million right now. Ah not to forget Hacken or Consensus AI. If you are looking for the next x1000 this might be a place to watch. If you are very opportunistic you might even check Savedroid or Narrative although so far these are projects where you get a feeling that they dont care about their token too much. Narrative will be able to build the platform and current market cap is 700K USD. Market caps for Consenus and Hacken are also jokes. Plain and simple.

P.S. If you are clever you also stock up on tokens like cobinhood. For me one of the big future exchanges for a number of reasons and you will get Dexon, Zeux and SimplyBrand get airdropped soon enough. Dexon the second blocklattice project trying to improve on Nano. Nano got burnt with the bitgrail scam. At least for me.
MAXE

Activity: 434
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:30:08 PM

Of course, there are a lot of coins and projects that can be really bad for the state of your business, but not those, I am sure.
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:08:41 AM

I think it's hard to launch a successful blockchain project. Too few people understand this and are ready to become the first users. Therefore, it will be difficult for ICO-projects.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:59:13 AM

I consider ICO/ Ethereum has experiment that has to be made in order to try new concept of trading and receiving cryptocurrency value. Ethereum has created a platform that take cryptocurrency out of theory to practicals!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: