Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:03:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Token Allocation (Foundations)  (Read 345 times)
Cooper Bolton

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:20:38 PM

In this case the foundation could mean the team and developers. 15-20% of the of the tokens I think are locked in this regard and cannot be exchanged. But, if you're interested in knowing more on this you could always check their wallet program to follow the changes daily.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:33:24 PM

I was reading the QKC token sale pdf again and saw they donated 15% to the "Foundation".

What is a Foundation in this regard? I'm curious to found out if its another fancy way of saying more money to the founders / team?  Roll Eyes
There is nothing really wrong in dedicating a certain portion of the ICO tokens to a foundation or charity purpose. I will only have a contrary view if the tokens set aside are not used for the intended purpose.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Ibalewen221

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:18:58 PM

The foundation fee is mainly to back up the team and developers working behind the ICO. This also used to further improve the system previously inhibited.
Ibeild441

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:21:30 PM

Foundation allocation fund is simple means what an ICO keeps their shares and profits for their tam member nad advisors. How will they pay them, what percent of the fund will be payed to them is stated by this statement. It is generally 15-20% of the total fund as they are the think tank of the project.
Edoanidd551

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:21:46 PM

Don't know much about this. Waiting to get more information about this also.
GirlBitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Dronair Best Operating For Cargo Robotics Industry

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:52:54 PM

I was reading the QKC token sale pdf again and saw they donated 15% to the "Foundation".

What is a Foundation in this regard? I'm curious to found out if its another fancy way of saying more money to the founders / team?  Roll Eyes
This is a reward for those who do a lot of work. Establishing a successful project is not an easy task. It is all due to the efforts of the whole team and that is a very necessary fund for the business. they can use them to pump altcoin value.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:52:22 AM

This is an interesting topic about which a lot people don't have much knowledge. The topic is intriguing and anyone with curious mind would love to know more about this thing. As such knowledge can help an investor or a trader in the long run.
Well, you do not sound like you know much about it either since you absolutely did not share anything tangible. If the team is deciding to use the word foundation to classify the team, then it is just the percentage that is meant to go to the team.

If it is not the team in this case, I am sure the foundation thing will most definitely be broken down when it comes to its usage in the long run, which would most definitely be on either the whitepaper or on the website. Most of the time though, in every ICO, the team usually allocates funds to themselves, as well as others, which is always found in the allocation chart, and I do not see this as any problem as long as it is a legit project.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:57:57 AM

In this case the foundation could mean the team and developers. 15-20% of the of the tokens I think are locked in this regard and cannot be exchanged. But, if you're interested in knowing more on this you could always check their wallet program to follow the changes daily.
It is not even a bad idea for the team to allocate some funds to themselves, and it depends on the project which is what could have made them call it a foundation in the first place. Sounds more like a charity project to me, somehow.

The most important thing is always the locking period, which is what makes most investors to feel relaxed over time, knowing that there is no way the team will dump on them. There are so many things the funds is always used for which most of it all, is usually, long term developments, it is not new, so I do not even expect this to generate so much debate.
Rawoyemi (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 08:03:09 AM

It is not even a bad idea for the team to allocate some funds to themselves, and it depends on the project which is what could have made them call it a foundation in the first place. Sounds more like a charity project to me, somehow.

The most important thing is always the locking period, which is what makes most investors to feel relaxed over time, knowing that there is no way the team will dump on them. There are so many things the funds is always used for which most of it all, is usually, long term developments, it is not new, so I do not even expect this to generate so much debate.

When the team is already donated 20% and then the foundation another 15% it should at least make one curious.

🔥🔥🔥 HTTPS://OPSONION.COM/ 🔥🔥🔥
🔥🔥🔥 MONETISING SKILLS AND HIRING TOP TALENT MADE EASY - SIGN UP NOW! 🔥🔥🔥
Joand_or

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:07:57 PM

Not necessarily the money from the Fund will go into the pockets of the ICO team.The Foundation is like a piggy Bank.If there is a need to expand the team or unforeseen expenses, the team can take this money from the Fund.As a rule, this condition is prescribed in the smart contract.There are also projects that really allocate part of their income to charity.There's nothing wrong with that.
That is usually always the idea most of the time which is basically almost used for further development in the long run, but at this day and age, which team should actually be trusted as we only get to see what is painted in the outside, even though I understand there are some level of transparency when it comes to the blockchain technology anyway.

In any case, I always zero my mind that such amount belongs to the team actually and for their pocket. We have seen it before, so it is not something new.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:55:37 AM

I think that is the case for all ico. I thought that was the salary of the team as long as he worked on the project. of course they get a fee in the form of a budget that has been budgeted during the development of a good project, the results obtained are good too
cc80aa

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:24:27 AM

there are too many project in "initial coin offering" or ico but who's project is trusted.we need to check what kind of the foundation because so many projects are not valuable ..
scammers ..although allocation is concerned is much boast very resonable as much as very good project that we have, more people are benefited too
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: