Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:30:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Prediction]Will bitcoin become global currency in next 20 years?  (Read 466 times)
disappear4ever (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:25:22 AM

In future, I would say no. Bitcoin is a new type of electronic money created by a software engineer (Satoshi Nakamoto) in 2009. Bitcoins are not controlled by the central bank, but are created by users who generate new bitcoins when they use their computing power to verify and process bitcoins in a transaction, But it can be possible if it satisfied the three ket functions of money (medium of exchange,unit of account and store of value)

Interesting, do not you think it will evolve itself to better satisfy the three key functions in the future?
encester

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:30:34 AM

We are experiencing a going-down market from the beginning of this year, many speculators left the market & some new visitors coming in, it is not a bad thing -  at least the market sort out those true believers who are the HODLers, but what they believe is a great thing or it is just a last virtual banquet? so here are some questions for us to discuss, if the answers are positive, hope it can bring us more confidence and patience to keep us stick to bitcoin for a very long time, here we go:

(1) Bitcoin just a icon or trading tool which is not going to be used by global consumers for payment purpose as a mass adoption?
(2) Will bitcoin become global currency in next 20 years?
(3) How bitcoin can change our society and daily life fundalmentally?
(4) Which industries will be the breakthrough points for mass adoptions of bitcoin (blockchain)?
(5) How long it will take to see the bitcoin price skyrocket to $1M

Any more questions or insights are welcome to follow, I will start as the first answer.

If we are talking in the next 20 years, there is a possibility that it can become a global currency. I wouldn't say other world currencies will not be used at all but as global transactions happen, Bitcoin can become a global currency. Plus, as we know there are other technology advancement as well such as AI and virtual realities being developed. By 20 years, I foresee a future where not just bitcoin, but the blockchain technology as a whole to be integrate into many industries/aspects of life.
jose111

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:36:30 AM

Possibly yes, because as we can see as of now that it's adaptation is currently active. Day by day there are increase happening to it's adoption and huge number of people that interested to this system are continuously counting and beside of it, the legalization of it are considered going better and better. Some country in different part of the world are open now from it's legalization and their respected governments wanted to try and experience the better product that can give by it in a way of having much better and much develop economy in their country. So there will be the biggest chances that bitcoin will be global currency.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:37:06 AM

(4) Which industries will be the breakthrough points for mass adoptions of bitcoin (blockchain)?

I suspect that the media will be the first industry for mass adoption because the media at the moment is ready and waiting for any positive insightful news. Also, they (the media) realize the possibilities that are with digital currency investment. They are also the first point for communication to the public plus the trust repose on them.

Good point. I am sure it is helpful in spreading the use cases. Also I know some projects are connect original content creator with payment system, like AC3.
sheenaedago

Activity: 262
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:42:32 AM

I think it has a huge possibility to happen soon, with the good development of bitcoin and pleasant background which gives interest to be invested by people who are eager to earn profits. And I don't have any doubt about it.
hamdyinvestments

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:42:54 AM

I think it will become more and more a respected store of value and tilt towards being similar to gold than being similar to $ Dollar, unless it has technically improved to the extent where we would not think of transacting using a competing digital currency that works faster and is cheaper.

But man oh man right now in the last quarter of 2018 its such a pivotal moment for BTC and Crypto as the early 2018 fall is still in effect (for many reasons)... Will this Crypto Christmas be a Merry one?

I love my wife but honestly the bottom I want to see the most is Bitcoins!
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:58:12 AM

Possibly yes, because as we can see as of now that it's adaptation is currently active. Day by day there are increase happening to it's adoption and huge number of people that interested to this system are continuously counting and beside of it, the legalization of it are considered going better and better. Some country in different part of the world are open now from it's legalization and their respected governments wanted to try and experience the better product that can give by it in a way of having much better and much develop economy in their country. So there will be the biggest chances that bitcoin will be global currency.

Great. In comparing with other altcoins, what do you think bitcoin's advantage & disadvantage in becoming biggest global cryptocurrency in the world?
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:02:40 AM

I think it has a huge possibility to happen soon, with the good development of bitcoin and pleasant background which gives interest to be invested by people who are eager to earn profits. And I don't have any doubt about it.

I doubt it can grow to be the global currency only by speculation, it growing together with the development of blockchain technology & more use cases happening in our real society. But yes, I am also very positive  Cool
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:06:02 AM

I believe bitcoin will excel and standout as global currency worldwide, as it was grown promisingly and it has a bountiful background on which many investors resemble to onvest this asset. It certainly develope with great and reliable aspect even it take more period of time before it could recognize as the phenomenal institute tittle.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:24:04 AM

I believe bitcoin will excel and standout as global currency worldwide, as it was grown promisingly and it has a bountiful background on which many investors resemble to onvest this asset. It certainly develope with great and reliable aspect even it take more period of time before it could recognize as the phenomenal institute tittle.

Right, I guess bitcoin can grow stronger & widely used around the world and tend to be relatively stable in comparing with other altcoins, then that will be the time everyone in the world wanna have it as a real independant global currency.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:00:25 AM

I am answering the question number 2 - BTC being global currency in next 20 years. Well, BTC is already a global P2P decentralized currency and huge number of people are in Bitcoin. If you mean being adopted and legalize by governments around the globe, well, I see slim chances of happening that.
Sultanar484
Copper Member

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:27:20 PM

Yes, Bitcoin have been falling since last january of this year. Bitcoin is already a global currency but its usages will increase after 2 or 3 years from now. Though Bitcoin is limited to 21 Millions, it's supply will not increase but demand will increase.

Hartmas

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:28:51 PM

We are experiencing a going-down market from the beginning of this year, many speculators left the market & some new visitors coming in, it is not a bad thing -  at least the market sort out those true believers who are the HODLers, but what they believe is a great thing or it is just a last virtual banquet? so here are some questions for us to discuss, if the answers are positive, hope it can bring us more confidence and patience to keep us stick to bitcoin for a very long time, here we go:

(1) Bitcoin just a icon or trading tool which is not going to be used by global consumers for payment purpose as a mass adoption?
(2) Will bitcoin become global currency in next 20 years?
(3) How bitcoin can change our society and daily life fundalmentally?
(5) How long it will take to see the bitcoin price skyrocket to $1M

Any more questions or insights are welcome to follow, I will start as the first answer.
Hundreds of computers were infected with a new malware called "Pony". The virus is mainly aimed at stealing cryptocurrencies, in particular bitcoin, from the victims ' hard drives.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:33:00 PM

I am answering the question number 2 - BTC being global currency in next 20 years. Well, BTC is already a global P2P decentralized currency and huge number of people are in Bitcoin. If you mean being adopted and legalize by governments around the globe, well, I see slim chances of happening that.

Yes, I mean adopted & legalized. If you think there is a small possibility, what will the crypto world look like in around 10-20 years?

- Ethereum or EOS will dominate the crypto world as most of the adoptions are from their ecosystem?
- Bitcoin will be marginalized or disappear as it is just a coin without ecosystem?
- Still no universe global currency as biggest countries combine their fiat with blockchain technology?
- Decentralized still a beautiful dream for all the people who devote themselves into blockchain because of it?
- Centralization & decentralization both move to the middle point & there is no people to use decentralization any more?

It will be great if you can describe a big picture in 10-20 years for us, let's wait & see Smiley
hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:34:37 PM

Will bitcoin become global currency in next 20 years?
Yes I think it is possible Bitcoin will be like dollars and euros and it means Bitcoin will be legal money as euro and dollar and people will use it in every country and future bank system will work with bitcoin and other currencies.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:55:04 PM

The development of BTC has been opposed by many countries, and only a small number of countries have identified BTC as legal tender!
Bitcoin will not become a universal currency, but will become one of the terminators of the universal currency.
MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:01:06 PM

In the coming year bitcoin will be more strengthen and i am sure that it will make a place in the world monetary values and all the financial system of the world will be ready to accept this so it can be said that it will be global currency in the coming years and, Crypto is a very big market and it is the best way now to make online trade and shop things from different countries through crypto.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:09:24 PM

I can not predict a great deal of time, but in the next few years, altcoin will grow stronger! Market will recover
rhenrhen

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:00:33 PM

There is a great possibility if people will continue to patronize it and if there will be a lot of teams who will make additional development on crypto. Also, if there will be more systematized KYC procedure for every platform. No doubt bitcoin will dominate the world's currency.
tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:04:35 PM

We are seeing the impact of Bitcoin on all life activities of countries around the world is very large.It is gradually accepted in many countries along with the rapid development of Blockchain technology to the industry. So we humans will accept and use it as a global currency for the next 20 years.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: