Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Prediction]Will bitcoin become global currency in next 20 years?  (Read 466 times)
disappear4ever (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:21:30 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 01:42:53 AM by disappear4ever

We are experiencing a going-down market from the beginning of this year, many speculators left the market & some new visitors coming in, it is not a bad thing -  at least the market sort out those true believers who are the HODLers, but what they believe is a great thing or it is just a last virtual banquet? so here are some questions for us to discuss, if the answers are positive, hope it can bring us more confidence and patience to keep us stick to bitcoin for a very long time, here we go:

(1) Bitcoin just a icon or trading tool which is not going to be used by global consumers for payment purpose as a mass adoption?
(2) Will bitcoin become global currency in next 20 years?
(3) How bitcoin can change our society and daily life fundalmentally?
(4) Which industries will be the breakthrough points for mass adoptions of bitcoin (blockchain)?
(5) How long it will take to see the bitcoin price skyrocket to $1M

Any more questions or insights are welcome to follow, I will start as the first answer.
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:19:14 AM

We are experiencing a going-down market from the beginning of this year, many speculators left the market & some new visitors coming in, it is not a bad thing -  at least the market sort out those true believers who are the HODLers, but what they believe is a great thing or it is just a last virtual banquet? so here are some questions for us to discuss, if the answers are positive, hope it can bring us more confidence and patience to keep us stick to bitcoin for a very long time, here we go:

(1) Bitcoin just a icon or trading tool which is not going to be used by global consumers for payment purpose as a mass adoption?
(4) Which industries will be the breakthrough points for mass adoptions of bitcoin (blockchain)?

Any more questions or insights are welcome to follow, I will start as the first answer.
I think no, because the bitcoin price is for the technology platform and it is hard to change other currency because of the value not only the price but the people who are in the paper currency. Bitcoin price are always changing and it cannot be helpful to the economic of the many countries.
ruybanoya

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:37:35 AM

this's posible. because bitcoin is real.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:15:08 AM

Bitcoin not just a icon, it surely will play an important role in global market as a payment tool, together with blockchain technology development & more and more consumers reach consensus to accept cryptocurrency as a payment. In other words, if there is one cryptocurrency which can be a global currency, it will be bitcoin.   

Definitely. Recently more and more stablecoin created to meet the needs of investors who needs them badly because the cryptocurrecy price fluctuation  not suitable as the intermediary of payment, also central banks are also pay attention to blockchain as FOMO, but they will not give up mintage power to 3rd party cryptocurrency like bitcoin, more likely they will make their national sovereign currency digitalized (in reply to Pomp twitter), so they are still national currency, but national cryptocurrency. USD as a anchor of stablecoins will play a even more important role in crypto world, but we still need a original cryptocurrency - that is the opportunity of bitcoin.

(3) How bitcoin can change our society and daily life fundamentally?
Bitcoin changed our society from the recognization of the new world by combining new technology with economics together, which changed the relation of production, we all will benifit from its evolution into corners of our society.

Financial sector, supply chain, games...etc. But most important part is it can be used by majority of people in our society, not just 3rd party & companies. 

(5) How long it will take to see the bitcoin price skyrocket to $100,000?
In 10 years, let's wait & see, just be patient 
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:18:39 AM

I certainly hope so, or if not bitcoin there will be a digital currency that will operate on a blockchain.  I want your like to think bitcoin would be the one but I think governments will more than likely create a new one that hasn't already been out there amongst the little people.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 06:23:07 AM

In year 2000 there was an end of IT bubble on global stock market. Guess what happened before? Everyone was buing stocks of IT companies, no matter what this company was doing, no matter if this company had profits or not. Company making shoes decided to go into IT market? Great, stock price was 100% up in less than a month.
Thats bubble.
Growth without any reason.

Can any crypto coin be replaced?
YES, we may have new very popular coin that may be more popular than BTC.
Can Euro or USD be replaced?
NO

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:33:15 AM

I certainly hope so, or if not bitcoin there will be a digital currency that will operate on a blockchain.  I want your like to think bitcoin would be the one but I think governments will more than likely create a new one that hasn't already been out there amongst the little people.

Yes, government more likely to have cryptocurrency transformed from their national sovereign currency which is similar as the currency world nowaday, but I guess bitcoin price will tend to be stable or less fluctuated after blockchain in dominance position.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:48:32 AM

In year 2000 there was an end of IT bubble on global stock market. Guess what happened before? Everyone was buing stocks of IT companies, no matter what this company was doing, no matter if this company had profits or not. Company making shoes decided to go into IT market? Great, stock price was 100% up in less than a month.
Thats bubble.
Growth without any reason.

Can any crypto coin be replaced?
YES, we may have new very popular coin that may be more popular than BTC.
Can Euro or USD be replaced?
NO

I remember those days that IT bubble ended in 2001, Nasdaq got more than half cut, and it is a good point in comparing with IT bubble, but do you think now blockchain in the period as internet in 2002 or earlier? In early internet times, at least we have popular application like email and website(https), what does blockchain has until now? cryptocurrency? When can we have the simple universe application?

Regarding cryptocurrency, I think the current stablecoin is not stable as they anchored to USD, central banks are eager to put blockchain technology into their national currency and not use any cryptocurrency to replace their fiat, so from this perspective, I do not see any possibility to make bitcoin globalized, but on the other hand, this may also create opportunity for bitcoin when the transaction get faster with low cost, user friendly...etc, because it is almost impossible for all the countries in the world joint to ban it, it all depends on itself.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:57:29 AM

bitcoin has always been a global currency! that is not something it becomes. bitcoin is designed to be a global (boarderless) currency and has been exactly that from the start. all the drama about the price and the rest are the things people introduced for themselves afterwards and they have nothing to do with bitcoin itself because you can choose to use a currency as something you HODL, you can even HODL US dollar but that doesn't make dollar less of a currency.

it is interesting that you are doing it yourself too by contradicting your own statements. your title says "currency" but then all you focus on is the price! and that is one of the reasons why the mass adoption has not yet happened. because people talk one way and act another. Smiley

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jack long

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:24:03 AM

It is still difficult to predict, 20 years is still a very long time, even if bitcoin becomes a global currency, this is certainly a long process because there may be many rules and constraints
MichaelOwen

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:27:31 AM

20 years later? entirely possible . We have the right to hope for a bright future. At that time, people were able to use bicoins in their daily lives as money, even in remote areas. If that becomes a reality, it will be great Kiss
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:27:35 AM

what you need to realize to get the answers to these question is that bitcoin is what it is! if you read the bitcoin paper you can see that the aim of it is perfectly clear. and the design is in a way to help reach that goal of being a decentralized payment system.
now what people use this design is up to them because bitcoin is never supposed to restrict people  and force them to use it in a way that they don't want to.
so for your #1 for instance, when people use it for trading that  doesn't change bitcoin's nature. it just shows those particular group of people are using bitcoin in one possible way.

Only Bitcoin
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:50:58 AM

bitcoin has always been a global currency! that is not something it becomes. bitcoin is designed to be a global (boarderless) currency and has been exactly that from the start. all the drama about the price and the rest are the things people introduced for themselves afterwards and they have nothing to do with bitcoin itself because you can choose to use a currency as something you HODL, you can even HODL US dollar but that doesn't make dollar less of a currency.

it is interesting that you are doing it yourself too by contradicting your own statements. your title says "currency" but then all you focus on is the price! and that is one of the reasons why the mass adoption has not yet happened. because people talk one way and act another. Smiley

You know I do not mean that "global", bitcoin born with decentralized, the point is how it can be used by everyone in the world in their daily life.

I am not focusing on price at all - sorry if it  makes you come to that - actually it is like a joke, such as "when to moon"... Grin

What I am focusing on is how this bitcoin & blockchain can change the world fundamentally.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:52:33 AM

20 years later? entirely possible . We have the right to hope for a bright future. At that time, people were able to use bicoins in their daily lives as money, even in remote areas. If that becomes a reality, it will be great Kiss

Exactly! We all looking forward to it.
palle11

Activity: 2324
Merit: 332

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:55:54 AM

I suspect that the media will be the first industry for mass adoption because the media at the moment is ready and waiting for any positive insightful news. Also, they (the media) realize the possibilities that are with digital currency investment. They are also the first point for communication to the public plus the trust repose on them.
javainn

Activity: 733
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:00:03 AM

if the development of bitcoin is still good and the development of bitcoin continues to occur right now maybe in the next 20 years bitcoin can be realized into a good coin and has the potential to become a global currency that can be utilized throughout the world, the most important thing is the development of bitcoin to this day.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
visionE2

Activity: 616
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:06:18 AM

it is very difficult to make bitcoin for global currency because there are still many governments that prohibit its use in their countries because of its decentralized
ScarlleeLizzie

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:12:15 AM

In the next 20 years, when bitcoin Intrusion the market it will become a global currency. With superior value and high utility, in the future bitcoin will replace USD on the world market.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:13:52 AM

what you need to realize to get the answers to these question is that bitcoin is what it is! if you read the bitcoin paper you can see that the aim of it is perfectly clear. and the design is in a way to help reach that goal of being a decentralized payment system.
now what people use this design is up to them because bitcoin is never supposed to restrict people  and force them to use it in a way that they don't want to.
so for your #1 for instance, when people use it for trading that  doesn't change bitcoin's nature. it just shows those particular group of people are using bitcoin in one possible way.

On one hand, can not agree with you more. On the other hand, of course we can leave it for self evolution, but as a believer, I would think about what we can do to make everyone in the world benifit from it, not just from price increase, but also a better life.
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:17:17 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2018, 08:36:17 AM by Herbys

I think that the task of Bitcoin was to show an alternative to the current financial system.

When a global currency is introduced, it will not be distributed to individuals.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume."                  
                                                                                                                                       Satoshi Nakamoto
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: