Bitcoin Forum
August 07, 2024, 02:13:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle and Coinbase are partnering to improve the stablecoin concept  (Read 409 times)
ngm22585

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:49:23 PM

Both companies are valued in the billions, and it certainly seems like a response to the lack of Tether's transparency.

Ultimately this is a good thing in my opinion
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:58:06 PM

In fact Circle and Coinbase not opened for worldwide customers. Coinbase only offers their service to limited countries. So I don't think their stablecoin will be better than TUSD which is more popular.
And I suppose TUSD will take place of USDT soon. Hope we don't have any FUD about stablecoin like usdt anymore.

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:12:58 PM

Crypto is in need of an honest and reliable stable coin, we can't rely on tether anymore with all their price manipulations. GeminiUSD is unproven and not too sure about the others like TUSD. Lets see what coinbase and circle can produce

What is the need of stablecoins? These coins are only used in exchanges where people fool themselves thinking they are getting real fiat. These stablecoins have become popular just because we are in a bear market, but as soon as there is a new bull market no one will want to know about them.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:01:02 PM

Both companies are valued in the billions, and it certainly seems like a response to the lack of Tether's transparency.

Ultimately this is a good thing in my opinion

This is a big step  to a stable and transparent  project. This way, more people will be confident if there is a stable one. In time of volatility, there is a true /transparent/ reliable stable coin which investor can park. With the two big company partnering for the project, this is a good start.

Open for Campaigns
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 4628

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:08:35 AM

putting aside the 1:1 aspect of stablecoins.

what i am also spotting is that instead of just one market of USD<>BTC
exchanges now want to have several markets for USD<>BTC
namely
USDT<>BTC
TUSD<>BTC
USD<>BTC
USDC<>BTC

thus instead of having say 80k volume on one market it is decreased to 20k over each market. thus causing stangant/less volatile price movements because people will be so busy arbritraging the different USD markets to even them out they wont be busy trying to push one market up

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:16:24 AM

nobody seems to be discussing the most important part of this topic:
HOW are they going to improve the concept of stable-coins?

what my research tells me is that they just advertised and nothing more. apparently there isn't going to be any kind of "improvement" of the concept. it will only be another company creating a similar centralized coin!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Haelitha32

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

For starters, they have the manual of what not to do, compliments from Tether. This is significantly an advantage if done right I guess. .
Crohalith24

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:24:45 PM

Not sure if it should be used or not because of the centralization issue. But it's sure that it will do better than Tether.
Dwendathiel5

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:25:05 PM

It is most certainly better tahn what we have. Even though it is not quiet decentralized. Guess we will have to make do with these for the time being.
Haaomwen01

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:25:23 PM

It is centralized but hopefully better than tether as they already know what happened to it. So I think it will be a good stable coin, lets see.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: